Henry County @ Clarksville Northeast....Semifinals

SEC1rules

What does everyone think about the rematch?

Well . . . in the past 4 games we've beaten the best defense, best arms, most speed, biggest size, in some close games, one of which was a come behind, that I've seen in years.  We saw last night what we do when the whole team is healthy.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we got a better than average chance.

Of four playoff games, this is our third rematch of a regular season game. Crazy.

Northeast is definitely capable of winning, but I think HC takes care of business. NE just about threw the kitchen sink at us in the first meeting. I mean they went all in for that game, and it almost paid off, but still wasn't quite enough. As well as they played that night, they'll probably have to play even better this time. We're healthier and for the most part we've turned our game up a notch in these playoffs.

On a side note, congrats to 10-AAA for sending two teams to the semifinals. Not bad for a "weak" district.

GO PATS!!

Of four playoff games, this is our third rematch of a regular season game. Crazy.

Northeast is definitely capable of winning, but I think HC takes care of business. NE just about threw the kitchen sink at us in the first meeting. I mean they went all in for that game, and it almost paid off, but still wasn't quite enough. As well as they played that night, they'll probably have to play even better this time. We're healthier and for the most part we've turned our game up a notch in these playoffs.

On a side note, congrats to 10-AAA for sending two teams to the semifinals. Not bad for a "weak" district.

GO PATS!!

Good point.  And 10-AAA will have a team in the championship game 2 of the last 3 years.  Last year, the 2012 State Champion Beech High School beat 10-AAA Northeast 44-43 in a quarter final game.

Shelby has done a miraculous job at NE. I remember not too long ago when the NE job was vacant from Thanksgivg all the way through the month of June. When Johnson (now the principal at Northwest) took the job and then Shelby ran with it after he left it saved a football program that many thought was dead. Pardue and Fort-Merriweather are players and will once again give the Patriots fits. I just don't know if it will be enough to win in the end. I think Shelby's plan to get into Quad 3 and play with Shelbyville, Lawrence, Lincoln, Gallatin, and Hillsboro was "genius" looking back on it. Henry County's road has been BRUTAL this year. Memphis East, Beech, Liberty, Rossview, Ridgeway (x2), Kenwood (x2), and now Northeast (x2).

Agreed completely. NE does not have a big stadium and HC will bring a TON of people. And I imagine with this being a semifinal, the Clarksville people will churn out some numbers as well.

They moved the Upperman v. Notre Dame game to Tucker Stadium Friday night to accommodate the crowd.  It couldn't be that difficult to do the same at APSU.