District 9AAA

BigBoy10

When was the last time you considered them dominant?

Thanks for reply. My reference is to this past year when the HHS girls were ranked in top ten in state. I followed them then and saw a steadily decline in this teams achievement during the year. They lost their 2 top Players for various reasons and remaining girls could not maintain the level needed to continue their quest .So the decline is imminent and there is a clear and present reason for my reply. Looks to me there is a problem with upperclass girl players and coaching decisions. To back me up look up the Tennesseean and the article printed last week concerning Sumner County Schools and specifically HHS. Big problems are ahead it seems. Breaks my heart this trend has continued into 2014

You can call it what you want, but the student has attended 5 schools now (including Beech) in the last 4 years (counting the middle schools).  Looks like a 6th is a probability.

Thanks for reply. Your statement could be considered correct. But let me say this. Since when can we as parents not have a sayso in our kid's future? Even if it requires transferring Schools. My experience includes transferring my child to several Schools and grades were maintained to B+ level. My child continued to%2

You can call it what you want, but the student has attended 5 schools now (including Beech) in the last 4 years (counting the middle schools).  Looks like a 6th is a probability.

Thanks for reply. Your statement could be considered correct. But let me say this. Since when can we as parents not have a sayso in our kid's future? Even if it requires transferring Schools. My experience includes transferring my child to several Schools and grades were maintained to B+ level. My child continued to College and became a Professional athlete. Now back to Hayes::::This young lady is an Honor student who happens to be an athlete. She comes from an outstanding family who teaches their kids all the values we teach ours. This young lady has endured plenty of critiques from others cause she is good player and we all know when you are on top people try to knock you down. So my reply is why cant we join in to assist this family during a time when they need love and not critiques. Such a sad state of affairs as to what Sumner County Schools and specifically HHS is being charged with in court. See the Tennessean article last week. Look it up. This outstanding child could be yours  So I say we need to reach out to the family rather than look to condemn them

This is not about bullying or discrimination but a joke. Hendersonville has never been good in girls basketball so the statement that their good players are leaving is funny as they don't have any. The statement that they were ranked in the top 10 in the state is wrong also. They were ranked in the midstate top 10 for about 2 weeks at the beginning of the season. And until this year they had not been to the regional tournament in quite a while. They have been to 1 state tournament in school history and until Coach Wilhite got there they did not a season of over 10 wins in forever. Coach Wilhite did go undefeated at Ellis MS 4 consecutive seasons and has been the dominant MS coach in this county since she started. Are all the coaches at the many other schools the young lady has attended going to testify? I would agree that based on conversations with people I know that say she is a good young lady and a good student. This whole thing is not about her but about Daddy's meal ticket.

Edited by GhostbusterBob

Thanks for reply. Your statement could be considered correct. But let me say this. Since when can we as parents not have a sayso in our kid's future? Even if it requires transferring Schools. My experience includes transferring my child to several Schools and grades were maintained to B+ level. My child continued to College and became a Professional athlete. Now back to Hayes::::This young lady is an Honor student who happens to be an athlete. She comes from an outstanding family who teaches their kids all the values we teach ours. This young lady has endured plenty of critiques from others cause she is good player and we all know when you are on top people try to knock you down. So my reply is why cant we join in to assist this family during a time when they need love and not critiques. Such a sad state of affairs as to what Sumner County Schools and specifically HHS is being charged with in court. See the Tennessean article last week. Look it up. This outstanding child could be yours  So I say we need to reach out to the family rather than look to condemn them

It is a sad state of affairs! I don't condone bullying in any form. But I also don't condone suing the school board for something they have absolutely nothing to do with. Looks like the taxpayers of sumner county will be paying "daddy's meal ticket" to the tune of $300,000 from what the Tennessean said. You want to sue the parents of the kids who were responsible for bullying, I get that. You want to go after the coach if she didn't handle things properly, I get that. But suing the school board takes money from thousands of other kids in the school system... I just can't get on board with that and I dont know how you could sleep at night. Ohhhh thats right, because money fixes everything including bullying.

First of all Hayes quit the team for the 3rd time the night HHS played Gallatin. Annette Hayes made a scene and threatened the principal and assistant principal during the game when his daughter was benched for not following the coaches instruction. He was heard telling his daughter to ignore the coach and play yo game. Great values... They followed the coaches around after the game, making a scene for everyone at the game to see. After bad mouthing the school, team and coaches the next day, they had a change of heart and asked to come back on the team. So the part of the story where they say she was dismissed is a lie. The only bullying that took place in this program was by Mr. & Mrs. Hayes. They taunted, threatened, and were a constant distraction to the program. The article in the Tennessean is a sorry attempt at getting their daughter eligible next year. There is a reason she has gone from Ellis to Hunter to Goodpasture to HHS and now to Beech in less than 4 years.

I hope the School Board stands up to them, then the truth will have to be told.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for reply. My reference is to this past year when the HHS girls were ranked in top ten in state. I followed them then and saw a steadily decline in this teams achievement during the year. They lost their 2 top Players for various reasons and remaining girls could not maintain the level needed to continue their quest .So the decline is imminent and there is a clear and present reason for my reply. Looks to me there is a problem with upperclass girl players and coaching decisions. To back me up look up the Tennesseean and the article printed last week concerning Sumner County Schools and specifically HHS. Big problems are ahead it seems. Breaks my heart this trend has continued into 2014

I dont' believe they were ever ranked in the top 10 in the state this past season.  A lot of teams start off well and then don't finish well.  I looked up the article and I don't see any clear accusations, only vague accusations.  Maybe someone can shed more light on this.

First of all Hayes quit the team for the 3rd time the night HHS played Gallatin. Annette Hayes made a scene and threatened the principal and assistant principal during the game when his daughter was benched for not following the coaches instruction. He was heard telling his daughter to ignore the coach and play yo game. Great values... They followed the coaches around after the game, making a scene for everyone at the game to see. After bad mouthing the school, team and coaches the next day, they had a change of heart and asked to come back on the team. So the part of the story where they say she was dismissed is a lie. The only bullying that took place in this program was by Mr. & Mrs. Hayes. They taunted, threatened, and were a constant distraction to the program. The article in the Tennessean is a sorry attempt at getting their daughter eligible next year. There is a reason she has gone from Ellis to Hunter to Goodpasture to HHS and now to Beech in less than 4 years.

I hope the School Board stands up to them, then the truth will have to be told.

Sounds like a pattern. Last year, the father ran down the bleachers after the region game. Literally jumped over the team bench and began screaming and berating one of the most respected high school coaches in Tennessee. He followed him to the locker room where officials from the host school were forced to intervene. That is why they were on the move then.

Drama. I am sure there is still a school somewhere willing to sell their soul for a talented player.

CBCBCB, at some point the mirror will show you the problem. Don't ignore it.

Sounds like a pattern. Last year, the father ran down the bleachers after the region game. Literally jumped over the team bench and began screaming and berating one of the most respected high school coaches in Tennessee. He followed him to the locker room where officials from the host school were forced to intervene. That is why they were on the move then.

Drama. I am sure there is still a school somewhere willing to sell their soul for a talented player.

CBCBCB, at some point the mirror will show you the problem. Don't ignore it.

I guarantee there isn't a coach in the midstate that wouldn't at least give the girl a chance.  She is too talented and every coach has just enough of an ego to think he/she could handle the issues.

I will say that if Coach Spann had issues, that raises some big red flags.

I guarantee there isn't a coach in the midstate that wouldn't at least give the girl a chance.  She is too talented and every coach has just enough of an ego to think he/she could handle the issues.

I will say that if Coach Spann had issues, that raises some big red flags.

Metroman, it would be the worst mistake of your life  I can guarantee you that. More flags flying that the UN building. The list is endless and continues to grow with each passing day.