The Power Lies On The East side of the State

greengreen22

yea but Fulton and Maryville haven't played Louisville Trinity who at the time was #1 in USAtoday when Ensworth beat them. I do think a Fulton/ Maryville game would be good. Some how though some of the Alcoa goons think they would beat Fulton this year. I couldn't see that happening.

Wow!! You really think that we couldn't play with Fulton? We laid 75 on your nats! I guess Fulton would have put up 100! You honestly can't think that can you? Look at the series between the two teams. Alcoa has only lost once and beat basically the same Fulton team last year 30-6. Now I understand that teams change from year to year but for you to think that well makes you look like a bigger MO than the goofy lookin grown up from Baxter with the yellow Mohawk that was at our place two weeks ago! ;)

Wow!! You really think that we couldn't play with Fulton? We laid 75 on your nats! I guess Fulton would have put up 100! You honestly can't think that can you? Look at the series between the two teams. Alcoa has only lost once and beat basically the same Fulton team last year 30-6. Now I understand that teams change from year to year but for you to think that well makes you look like a bigger MO than the goofy lookin grown up from Baxter with the yellow Mohawk that was at our place two weeks ago! ;)

As a Fulton guy, I think we'd beat Alcoa this year. I do not think we'd whipe you out, I do think it be a good game. I wouldn't be shocked if Alcoa beat us. To say Alcoa couldn't hang with Fulton is just not true. It be a good game.

I'm not sure Trinity was No. 1 this pre-season. If so, I would have to say USAToday really jumped the gun in doing so. This year the Shamrocks lost to not only Ensworth, but also Lawrence Central out of Indiana, Colerain and Moeller from Cincy, and Louisville Male twice (reg season & playoffs). Male ended Trinity's season at 6 - 6.

Having 3 powerhouse DII teams dilutes the talent for other 3a - 6a teams in Midd Tenn.

A lot of those Gold Balls at Ensworth were won with kids from Neighboring counties playing major roles. Not to mention MBA and BA have their share of athletes from other counties as well.

In Knoxville there are no DII teams attracting players away from those public schools. But open enrollment policies do shift the power to certain schools in the east.

It would be interesting to see what would happen to the balance of power if open enrollment schools had a 1.8 multiplier or if the practice were discontinued altogether. It would certainly level the playing field some.

This rule hurts the smaller county schools the most.