Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

A couple of observations..of course Hampton fans gonna cry about refs. After all they lost so had to be officiating right ?? blaming missed free throws is fine but dont forget Unicoi missed ALOT of fts themselves , especially in last couple of minutes to help Hampton back in it.. Devils were up 9 and missed free throws and falling all over the floor( not being fouled..i said tripping and falling) helped Hampton back in game.. If officiating was so biased as you guys claim I doubt Erwins Best player(#24) wouldve fouled out with 4 minutes to go in the game and their other Best player(#42) would have had to sit throughout game becaiuse of foul trouble.. The whistle that stopped play was bad but there is always bad calls throughout a game BOTH WAYS..Fact is that was 2 very good teams playing and it came down to the wire..Erwin had a starting post player out as well,  As far as the over the top celebration..I would say most high school teams that win that way at the buzzer would have a celebration like that no matter who they were playing..The fact it was against a very good team probably made it better to them.. but talking about missed fts and refs beating you is ridiculous..both teams missed big free throws and both teams had bad calls.. game coulda went either way..Erwin made the last play..bottom line..Good luck to both teams in tournaments

We both had guards fouled out....Yours in the 4th and ours fouled out early in the 3rd...But still, the ref'n was beyond bad...And of course we're gonna notice bad calls against us more than those against you! (Just like we noticed the two holds and two block-in-the-backs in one play that allowed UC to score the TD and beat us in FB) :mrgreen:

All we're saying is its hard to win AT U.C....in basketball! And that's a fact!

If anyone goes back and reads the posts I was making during the game, they'd see I said uncontested missed lay ups and not rebounding, along with missed free throws  done us in and would cause a short post season if continued....I stick to my guns and say those things killed us against a good UC team.

We have moved on now

Edited by uknoit2

A couple of observations..of course Hampton fans gonna cry about refs. After all they lost so had to be officiating right ?? blaming missed free throws is fine but dont forget Unicoi missed ALOT of fts themselves , especially in last couple of minutes to help Hampton back in it.. Devils were up 9 and missed free throws and falling all over the floor( not being fouled..i said tripping and falling) helped Hampton back in game.. If officiating was so biased as you guys claim I doubt Erwins Best player(#24) wouldve fouled out with 4 minutes to go in the game and their other Best player(#42) would have had to sit throughout game becaiuse of foul trouble.. The whistle that stopped play was bad but there is always bad calls throughout a game BOTH WAYS..Fact is that was 2 very good teams playing and it came down to the wire..Erwin had a starting post player out as well,  As far as the over the top celebration..I would say most high school teams that win that way at the buzzer would have a celebration like that no matter who they were playing..The fact it was against a very good team probably made it better to them.. but talking about missed fts and refs beating you is ridiculous..both teams missed big free throws and both teams had bad calls.. game coulda went either way..Erwin made the last play..bottom line..Good luck to both teams in tournaments

I'm really a fair and honest person, but that don't mean i'm always right. Ijust thought the block and charge calls was very inconsistant and Ithought Hampton got the bad end of things in that reguard. What Ithought was the worst deal in the whole thing was when Stanly got the steal. come to find out, our Coach was the one who got the play stopped. That was a killer. I also agree UC blew several easy oppertunities and missed free throws. It was a great game between 2 good teams and Ienjoyed the heck out of it. Good luck to both squads in post season.

I'm lost.....which play did Ned stop?

Ned was as lost as the rest of us when the ref stopped that break away of Stanley's .....doesn't really matter, we're on to the next step now

Thats the play I'm talking about, Thats just what  Ned told Mike.   I really don't know but either way it  sure hurt. Hopefully we can beat GC and get on a roll.

HAHAHA! King, I'm not a sore loser nor overbearing winner....kids will be kids, but adults amaze me sometimes! Teams/Schools as UC SHOULD beat the Hamptons and Cloudlans of the world in FB and BB every time...Sad fact for them is its far from reality!

So you're saying Unicoi is always better than Hampton and Cloudland just because there are more kids. That's craziness.

I'm lost.....which play did Ned stop?

Ned was as lost as the rest of us when the ref stopped that break away of Stanley's .....doesn't really matter, we're on to the next step now

I heard hamptons coach saying that there should have been 2 FT's and only 1 was shot. So he was asking to stop game to check and shoot the other one. But it was only 1&1 and the first one was missed. They did give Hampton the ball even though the whistle blew right before he caught the ball.

I heard hamptons coach saying that there should have been 2 FT's and only 1 was shot. So he was asking to stop game to check and shoot the other one. But it was only 1&1 and the first one was missed. They did give Hampton the ball even though the whistle blew right before he caught the ball.

Yep thats what I heard also, no one else knew what was going on and the fans were going nuts.

Thats the play I'm talking about, Thats just what  Ned told Mike.   I really don't know but either way it  sure hurt. Hopefully we can beat GC and get on a roll.

UC dribbled from far end to beyond half court and passed the ball, Stanley stole the pass and headed for a lay up then the whistle blew....Crazy to say the least LOL...