Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

I was wondering when people would give the refs a little credit for that UC win. Excuses don't help a thing and if we had executed on the free throw line and converted a few blown layups, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. But the truth is still the truth. I still think this game will help us in the long run, Things don't always go you're way and you have to learn to play through it. I'd give high marks in that reguard.

I was wondering when people would give the refs a little credit for that UC win. Excuses don't help a thing and if we had executed on the free throw line and converted a few blown layups, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. But the truth is still the truth. I still think this game will help us in the long run, Things don't always go you're way and you have to learn to play through it. I'd give high marks in that reguard.

That's very true, Pujo. In fact I mentioned those missed free throws to you on the way out that night. I realize we really should have won the game based on the free throws alone, but that was a sorry ref-exhibition.

That's very true, Pujo. In fact I mentioned those missed free throws to you on the way out that night. I realize we really should have won the game based on the free throws alone, but that was a sorry ref-exhibition.

As players and coaches, you can't fix refs,,the other is fixable, learn and move on.

KING, I agree in part here...To beat a team 3 times is not easy...They tend to learn more and more of your game, moves and habits...As for Cosby and later Migs or GCA, I like our chances playing a team that hasn't experienced this D vs one that has!

Im sure Cloudland continues to improve, but Im also sure we improve game by game also.

Cloudland hammered uh tonight 67-45. Landers are establishing themselves as the 2nd best team in the district. The only threat to Hampton will be landers and cosby

We have gotten a lot better as the season has went along....,I think we could definately play with district 1 and maybe win some  games in the region tourny this year....dont know that we are a threat to Hampton just yet. We will see though. if we continue to improve  maybe.

We have gotten a lot better as the season has went along....,I think we could definately play with district 1 and maybe win some  games in the region tourny this year....dont know that we are a threat to Hampton just yet. We will see though. if we continue to improve  maybe.

I also think you fellers will be a tough out Oldeagle.

I also think you fellers will be a tough out Oldeagle.

I think we play really good "D" and when were having a good night offensively we are tough to handle. Our district is such garbage we dont get a steady dose of competition all year. I go to WAAAY more non district games. Hancock aint awful and Berean is a couple years away they are the only two who are close to being descent

A couple of observations..of course Hampton fans gonna cry about refs. After all they lost so had to be officiating right ?? blaming missed free throws is fine but dont forget Unicoi missed ALOT of fts themselves , especially in last couple of minutes to help Hampton back in it.. Devils were up 9 and missed free throws and falling all over the floor( not being fouled..i said tripping and falling) helped Hampton back in game.. If officiating was so biased as you guys claim I doubt Erwins Best player(#24) wouldve fouled out with 4 minutes to go in the game and their other Best player(#42) would have had to sit throughout game becaiuse of foul trouble.. The whistle that stopped play was bad but there is always bad calls throughout a game BOTH WAYS..Fact is that was 2 very good teams playing and it came down to the wire..Erwin had a starting post player out as well,  As far as the over the top celebration..I would say most high school teams that win that way at the buzzer would have a celebration like that no matter who they were playing..The fact it was against a very good team probably made it better to them.. but talking about missed fts and refs beating you is ridiculous..both teams missed big free throws and both teams had bad calls.. game coulda went either way..Erwin made the last play..bottom line..Good luck to both teams in tournaments