Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

Hampton was won in the building but it has been awhile. I know they won when coach White retired the first time.  I was listening to the game last night and the radio said coach English was 110-9 in the building. Wow what a home court UC has.     Good Luck Bulldogs.

Thats about UNREAL...But not surprising if you've played there! Lol

A big school like Unicoi beating a little 1A school like Hampton who had, I think one less loss than they did. It's no wonder grown men were rushing the floor probably one of the biggest wins in school history Lol. Congrats to the Jr. Bulldogs, sectional champs. I may be an idiot for asking this, but exactly does being sectional champs mean? I'm not really familiar with how this works

As '88 said, the win by our 8th graders was BIG! It brings a lot of attention to the program.

For years I have (along with Pujo & others) spoke of Hampton's talent pool being deep...It's a pleasure to watch these kids come up through youth club, be successful in elementary and (in most cases) carry it on through high school!

Now, back to the high school team...I reckon we head to Gate City Tuesday....I see NO reason to have to play this game although I hear it has to do with meeting the number of games HS teams must play in regular season....Hope we leave with the win but more important, I hope they all leave healthy and ready for district play at Daniel Boone.

Peeps! Enough with the messages and texts worried about the last loss...Dont be worried about the team seeming a lil "dry" on the floor and "not as many defensive schemes" as usual....You reckon some teams from the "west" of us have been scouting us the last few games??  MmmHummm

Im sure Ned nor this team wants to lose, but that game Saturday wasn't worth the full bag....Even at that, if we had hit free-throws and lay ups, we'd won and still not showed a thing

That one ref was about the worst official I have seen since poor ole sonny. Nice guy but my goodness. Did anyone ever get an explanation on why the ref called the timeout when Hampton had a layup?

Its hard to be as bad as Sonny was...but they were....AFTER Stanley stole the ball, took three long strides, then the whistle blew....Here's the explanation..."I thot UC's coach wanted a time out"!!

Edited by uknoit2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I thought I was gonna blow my top off on that one! That one ref was HORRIBLE. Gang tackling Jones and McClain and getting the ball after every tackle. SIGH> I HATE going to Erwin. If anything, this sort of game just shows the guys that yes, they can be beaten if they don't cover on defense, hit free throws, and hit the boards hard. Unicoi has a bunch of big guys, so they had better ability to rebound, but the free throws are important. I hope Ned has been addressing that in practice.

Its hard to be as bad as Sonny was...but they were....AFTER Stanley stole the ball, took three long strides, then the whistle blew....Here's the explanation..."I thot UC's coach wanted a time out"!!

Odds are that one possession could have really turned the tide in the game. Certainly Stanley would have dunked it, there was no one around to impede him, and that would have given the Dogs all sorts of momentum. That ref was clearly biased all night.