Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Here is my question...who are LA's top 2 WR's? And who is their good TE?

Wade Eldrige and Peter Hollars at wr.In 2012 both were all district. Hollars missed all of 2013 and is the speed guy, Eldrige in 2013 made all district, receiver of the year, and has the best hands I have seen in a while. Josh Blofgett was the TE, made tight end of the year in district this year. You combine those three with qb Qualls, which was one of the most improved kids I seen this season, Linder and Hayes in backfield, they will be very strong. They lost close games with SC,MC,DC, and UH. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

If you cannot admit to yourself that you jumped onto Uppermans wagon last season then you are more far gone than I previously thought.

I did pull for Upperman last season. By game 4, they showed that they were very strong on the 3a side of the district. And after a near miss at LA, and blowout of DC, I knew they had something specially and could possibly make a deep playoff run. Like I have said numerous times, Last team standing in 8aa I will always pull for.

I did pull for Upperman last season. By game 4, they showed that they were very strong on the 3a side of the district. And after a near miss at LA, and blowout of DC, I knew they had something specially and could possibly make a deep playoff run. Like I have said numerous times, Last team standing in 8aa I will always pull for.

You jumped on their bandwagon before the first game was ever played.

I picked UH 2nd back in the spring. Over the summer I heard Linder was not going to be playing for LA in 2013 and Hollars got injured, thus the number 2 bumped up to number 1. Any more genius insights to share with us?

The point is you went full cheerleader mode for Upperman. You basically had a school girl crush on York all season. Yes we are all aware you picked LA then switched to Upperman after unfortunate circumstances. They way you carried yourself on here all season is nothing less than a wagon jumper.

The point is you went full cheerleader mode for Upperman. You basically had a school girl crush on York all season. Yes we are all aware you picked LA then switched to Upperman after unfortunate circumstances. They way you carried yourself on here all season is nothing less than a wagon jumper.

So your full season rant with me is over who I did or didn't pulled for? That seems a little weird. What suprised me is all the hate by a few posters on here. I expected folks from ND, Tyner, and Alcoa to diss this district. But to see you and another poster join in and hate on a fellow 8aa team was wrong. But its a free country. I guess you can do whatever you want. I think I know where it comes from though. People don't like it crowed at the top. SC was the dominant program in the district for years. LA could muster a team every 3-4 years to compete but that was about it. In the last couple of years, DC has been a contender leaving three at the top, and three at the bottom. Then enters MC and the rise of UH. Look at MC's jr high program, record over 5 years against SC, LA, DC and you know it won't be long before they contend. UH came out of the blue to most folks. I was fortunate enough to have some insight on the program and could see it coming. Lots called me crazy when I said 2nd place early on. Now there is 5 teams that year to year could contend for top honors. I do beleave that scares some. Specially with UH building the new schools and realative closeness to Cookeville and some of their talent. But in my opinion, better programs top to bottom will make the district better in the long run. As far as the York kid is concerned, He deserves all the hype that he gets wether its by me or anyone else. He set a national record with yards in a single game. The state record and maybe national record for td's in a season. 3rd all time in state in yards from scrimmage. We have had great players in this district and specially at qb but in my opinion his numbers set him apart. So let's stop all the sour grapes, finger pointing, and name calling. Its not about the posters, its about the players and the teams. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I don't care who you pull for or not. Like I said there is a reason everyone hates on you on here, and who you pull for is not the reason. You are mistaken, I pulled for Upperman the entire post season, as I would any 8aa team. I havent "dissed" any team or player. As far as York goes, yes I was skeptical about all the hype until I seen him play in person, then my opinion on him quickly changed. He is deserving of any award he won, and I feel he was cheated and should at least been a finalist for the TN Mr. Football awards. I agree that better teams from top to bottom is best for 8aa. I'm not sure you will ever see more than 2-3 teams with a legit chance of winning the district any given year. That's not saying it will be the same 2-3 every year, it is just hard to stay dominant every year in rural county schools every single year.

I don't care who you pull for or not. Like I said there is a reason everyone hates on you on here, and who you pull for is not the reason. You are mistaken, I pulled for Upperman the entire post season, as I would any 8aa team. I havent "dissed" any team or player. As far as York goes, yes I was skeptical about all the hype until I seen him play in person, then my opinion on him quickly changed. He is deserving of any award he won, and I feel he was cheated and should at least been a finalist for the TN Mr. Football awards. I agree that better teams from top to bottom is best for 8aa. I'm not sure you will ever see more than 2-3 teams with a legit chance of winning the district any given year. That's not saying it will be the same 2-3 every year, it is just hard to stay dominant every year in rural county schools every single year.

well your and another ones hate sure come off as sour grapes in my opinion.

well your and another ones hate sure come off as sour grapes in my opinion.

Yeah well whats your two cents worth to a dime? You wont find one single post from me saying DC should of won because of this or that, DC got cheated, blah blah blah etc. No sour grapes here. I don't let the outcome of any game effect my mood for no longer than couple of mintues then I move on. After every loss ive always gave credit when credit is due.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Wade Eldrige and Peter Hollars at wr.In 2012 both were all district. Hollars missed all of 2013 and is the speed guy, Eldrige in 2013 made all district, receiver of the year, and has the best hands I have seen in a while. Josh Blofgett was the TE, made tight end of the year in district this year. You combine those three with qb Qualls, which was one of the most improved kids I seen this season, Linder and Hayes in backfield, they will be very strong. They lost close games with SC,MC,DC, and UH.

Thank you Murphy! I knew the answers I just wanted to check you. I know all about Hollars and his speed and the backs who doesn't know about those guys but you do know more than anyone else on these boards cause you played with D1 talent haha comical!!
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Murphy! I knew the answers I just wanted to check you. I know all about Hollars and his speed and the backs who doesn't know about those guys but you do know more than anyone else on these boards cause you played with D1 talent haha comical!!

Being good at playing or who you played with doesn't make you know the game. Most good coaches were average players. I wouldn't want PacMan as my teams head coach. But I have seen every team in this district, except Cannon, play and most several times verse diffrent teams. I like going to scrimmages also and seeiing them. It is diffrent when you see just one team and who they have on the schedule. It would be like watching SC verse Alcoa, and then UH verse Alcoa if SC/UH never played. You could argue SC had the better team. When in fact the games each played verse DC,MC, and Tyner at close to the same time in schedule told a diffrent story. Reading scores in the paper rather than see the teams is a big difference. Alcoa was much more impressive in person than the scores in the paper indicated. I will be the first to admit that.