Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

yep, just like a couple all district kids from CHS almost transfered to UHS last year. Might have been enough take state, who knows. Would've, Could've

Yeah anything is possible, but probably wouldn't of made a huge difference in the Alcoa game. Maybe it would of made them a little more competitive, but Alcoa was just on a totally different level than everyone else in 3a. Their lines was just plain out dominant and made their run game pretty much unstoppable. I don't see a couple Cookeville kids, even if all district being able to shorten the overall talent gap enough to change the outcome of that game.

Yeah anything is possible, but probably wouldn't of made a huge difference in the Alcoa game. Maybe it would of made them a little more competitive, but Alcoa was just on a totally different level than everyone else in 3a. Their lines was just plain out dominant and made their run game pretty much unstoppable. I don't see a couple Cookeville kids, even if all district being able to shorten the overall talent gap enough to change the outcome of that game.

2 kids probably wouldn't have beat Alcoa but one was like 6'4 285 dt of the year in district, other was offensive mvp at tb. Both played 2 ways. Would have helped a lot but that's hs football. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

didn't the starting qb quit the week of first game in '03? And he was the best kid on the team. Had an old friend say they might have won state with him playing.

He quit a week or two before the season. He was a better football player than he was a quarterback though if that makes sense. We went as far as we were going to go though, with or without him. Fulton was just too much.

How do you all see UHS panning out in '14? They're young but had a few impact players on the squad. I think with their spectacular season this past year it has excited the student body and may draw more athletes out of the halls. Plus with monterey's head coach stepping down and the recent coaching changes at cookeville could bring in more players and may establish the team as the team to be on in Putnam county. Also with a largely inexperienced team we'll see how good Herron and staff are at coaching (even the coaching staff is young, most are in their 20s). I'd like for them to reach the playoffs again but really I hope they can stay consistent with winning and bring some more competitiveness in the district. Opinions?

My opinion is they will take a little step back. I think they will finish the regular season at 5-5. That will be good enough to get them into the playoffs. If they play the same schedule as last season I think they get wins versus: Monterey, Clay County, Jackson County, Cannon County, and York.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

My opinion is they will take a little step back. I think they will finish the regular season at 5-5. That will be good enough to get them into the playoffs. If they play the same schedule as last season I think they get wins versus: Monterey, Clay County, Jackson County, Cannon County, and York.

I don't expect them to do better than 5-5 but that's still better than what they went in years past. Hopefully they can keep games competitive and turn the program around. I wouldn't want to see the district teams go back and forth with crushing victories like the UHS/DC game this past year or Upperman's losses in years before that. Quite frankly it's boring (unless you enjoy no competition) for the winning team and certainly not enjoyable for the losing team.

Now games like UHS/ND game was fun to watch down to the last second.

Edited by JohnnyRay

I don't expect them to do better than 5-5 but that's still better than what they went in years past. Hopefully they can keep games competitive and turn the program around. I wouldn't want to see the district teams go back and forth with crushing victories like the UHS/DC game this past year or Upperman's losses in years before that. Quite frankly it's boring (unless you enjoy no competition) for the winning team and certainly not enjoyable for the losing team.

I believe they will be competitive with everyone in the district this season besides DC and LA. Those two games could very easily get out of hand, but I think they will be able to play with everyone else. I just don't think they will be good enough to beat SC or MC on the road.

I don't see 5-5. They beat CC,YI,Clay,Monterey, and Jackson. 90% sure they beat Macon, who lost both kids who made all district, and the rest they had wasn't that good. Then I think they split between GH and SC. I don't see any of those teams (SC GH MC) with a kid as good as leading district returning rusher Butler, that 6'6 left tackle, 6'3 noise or wr/db Baily Phillips. I agree they get beat by 2 scores by DC and LA, but it won't be no more 50 point victories like years past. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan