Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Two qb's that will suprise in 8aa. will be Quals from LA and Stanton from UHS. Quals look bad early in the season with not much help around him. By the end of the season he looked like a diffrent player. He might have the most weapons with Hollars, Eldrige, Linger, and a all district TE. He throws a good long ball, but needs to work on accuracy on short passes. Stanton for UH looked good as a freshman filling in for injured York for 3 starts. Also looked good in mop up duty first two games before he got hurt. He is a tall kid, pushing 6'3, but needs to fill out weight wise. Has a big time arm, also a stud baseball pitcher. I think his dad was a pitcher at MTSU.

You crack me up with your I am not an Upperman supporter. Only an Upperman supporter would know all that garbage you just put out their.

You crack me up with your I am not an Upperman supporter. Only an Upperman supporter would know all that garbage you just put out their.

Watched 2 scrimmages, 4 regular season games, 4 playoffs games. Hard not to know some things seeing them so far. I know alot about CHS to, herald-citizen and seen them twice counting a scrimmage. i think the Gabe kid will be a tight end for CHS doing some research on him.

Watched 2 scrimmages, 4 regular season games, 4 playoffs games. Hard not to know some things seeing them so far. I know alot about CHS to, herald-citizen and seen them twice counting a scrimmage. i think the Gabe kid will be a tight end for CHS doing some research on him.

Well I promise you that you are wrong!! I know the OC and head coach VERY WELL!! He will not be a TE!! Edited by oldsc7

Well I promise you that you are wrong!! I know the OC and head coach VERY WELL!! He will not be a TE!!

Might not be in Cookeville but that is what he is getting the offers to play, and what position he is at the major camps. Coach Chambers, Repasky and Maynard will put him at the position that best help the Cavs next year. http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=19&yr=2016

He is being projected as a TE/Hybrid back at the next level. Most people say his 4.62 40 time is not fast enough to play RB in D1.

yes, Most backs now a days are under the  4.6 mark specially before they beef up in weight in college. I know some one rumored the York kid as 4.59 and why he gets looks at saftey and receiver. Creed was around 4.58-59.....but with his size not near fast enough for the d-1 level at corner or running back. But, at TE.....4.62 is not bad at all. Specially if he can keep that speed once he grows from 215 up around 230-240. Either way, great addition to CHS.

Might not be in Cookeville but that is what he is getting the offers to play, and what position he is at the major camps. Coach Chambers, Repasky and Maynard will put him at the position that best help the Cavs next year. http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=19&yr=2016

Chambers and Repasky will have zero say in it. Trust me when I tell you I am very close to Maynord and the OC Gentry. I also know the Angel family very well and I also know why he left Central. He is not gonna play TE...he will be touching the ball numerous times for CHS.

Chambers and Repasky will have zero say in it. Trust me when I tell you I am very close to Maynord and the OC Gentry. I also know the Angel family very well and I also know why he left Central. He is not gonna play TE...he will be touching the ball numerous times for CHS.

I would suspect he would touch the ball alot  as that he is a D-1 talent. If not i would question the coaching. I just question the " better than York" comment when he doesnt really play the same position. I am sure he will do well if CHS can get enough kids around him to help out. Being beat by Sparta, and losing some of the top players from 2013, I would think CHS will be rebuilding mode a bit. Not ready to take on the powers in 6a. O and D Line will be on the samll side this year.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I would suspect he would touch the ball alot as that he is a D-1 talent. If not i would question the coaching. I just question the " better than York" comment when he doesnt really play the same position. I am sure he will do well if CHS can get enough kids around him to help out. Being beat by Sparta, and losing some of the top players from 2013, I would think CHS will be rebuilding mode a bit. Not ready to take on the powers in 6a. O and D Line will be on the samll side this year.

I use better than York cause of the 5 SEC offers. The kid played wing last year for Central. Sparta was not a bad team at all last year. They did have the best defense in 5a at the end of the regular season.

Guest Termite

I use better than York cause of the 5 SEC offers. The kid played wing last year for Central. Sparta was not a bad team at all last year. They did have the best defense in 5a at the end of the regular season.

Best defense in 5a at the end of regular season? Doing that at Sparta ought to get that DC up there a raise.

Yes agree Sparta was good for around here but it wasnt a by chance that Rhea Co in first year with new coach won that district, and Sparta and CHS lost in the first round. For a team to come out of that district they almost have to be 9-1 or 10-0 to make any noise come playoff time. Sorta like UH in 2013 or LA and DC is 2012. Playing Monterey game one is a big waste for Cookeville......they should open with a boro team or at least a good 5a team like Gallatin