Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Guest Termite

They were good,igive them that, but look at the competition.

Just like old 7, I know Maynord, Gentry, and the Sparta DC.

Hey old 7, I guess that Jamie is now teaching and coaching at Cookville?

Guest Termite

Yes agree Sparta was good for around here but it wasnt a by chance that Rhea Co in first year with new coach won that district, and Sparta and CHS lost in the first round. For a team to come out of that district they almost have to be 9-1 or 10-0 to make any noise come playoff time. Sorta like UH in 2013 or LA and DC is 2012. Playing Monterey game one is a big waste for Cookeville......they should open with a boro team or at least a good 5a team like Gallatin

Wait a minute, didn't you defend Baxter's weak schedule over the years?? Kinda talking bout both sides of your mouth ain't ya???

Wait a minute, didn't you defend Baxter's weak schedule over the years?? Kinda talking bout both sides of your mouth ain't ya???

UHS schedule was weak....much like CHS. But CHS didnt take that weak schedule and go 10-0 average 53 points and avg giving up 13.5.lIke i said, with the competion around here, to make noise in the playoffs......u better be 9-1 or 10-0 and be very impressive in doing it if u think you will go to the playoffs and wins some games. And even that is no guarentee.....SC should know this.

I had read on another forum that Angel was only getting around 5 touches a game at Central. Anybody know if there is any truth in that?

I reached out to a buddy coach in Lebnon area and he confirmed Angel is the real deal. Said he is a step slower version of Hurd, same type hybred type player. Wasn't used as much as they could have at WC, but he was young. Sounds like it will be up to CHS to utilize him better than WC. HS football recruiting is starting to be like Softball and Basketball in AAU, Camps and combines get more weight in recruiting than preformance on the field does in a lot of situations. Some coaches thinking seeing kids in helmets and shorts verse top competition is the best judge. I am more old school. I like seeing what a kid does in a team situation, when the pressure is on, and how he takes over a game. This kid can do nothing but help CHS Edited by UpperCumberlandMan