Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

I would like to see CHS play 2 8aa teams ever year. They have SC, but need to drop Monterey. Maybe play. UH ever year, rotate every two years between DC,LA and SC.

It would be nice to see CHS play 8AA teams, but those mentioned would have a good shot of beating CHS. Don't think Maynord would like the odds. 

It would be nice to see CHS play 8AA teams, but those mentioned would have a good shot of beating CHS. Don't think Maynord would like the odds.

I agree but CHS "should" win 90% of those but probably wouldn't seeing that politics plays such a role there. Makes more sense. Than playing 1a Monterey. And if UH can stay competitive this year, 2015 should be a very strong year for them. Eventually the talent from Cookeville will trickle down to play at UHS. Some already has.

I believe Maynord can build them up to winning 9-10 games yearly. There is tons

of talent in Cookeville, talent as a whole in Putnam County has been unutilized for as long as I can remember. I don't buy into all the talent going to Upperman either. It is just not feasible for most families economically speaking. Cookeville also benefits from playing in a weak district.

I believe Maynord can build them up to winning 9-10 games yearly. There is tons

of talent in Cookeville, talent as a whole in Putnam County has been unutilized for as long as I can remember. I don't buy into all the talent going to Upperman either. It is just not feasible for most families economically speaking. Cookeville also benefits from playing in a weak district.

UHS is three miles from Cookeville city border on hwy70. About 6-7 miles from the courthouse. Economics is not much of a problem. Word from my work buddy is that they will be getting about 6 freshman from Avery Trace, Prescott, Algood (Cookeville jr highs) for next season. They had several freshman this year from those three schools. About 5 of those 17 seniors this year were from Cookeville. So it has already started to happen. With the high school expansion, and building the biggest jr in putnam county, they are bound to get more. On another subject, heard a new kid showed up and will be attending LA when they go back to school. Out of state kid. A football/baseball player. They guy that told me says he looks like a lineman-first base type kid. Very big. He is a jr. I will try to dig more info on that tomorrow.

UHS is three miles from Cookeville city border on hwy70. About 6-7 miles from the courthouse. Economics is not much of a problem. Word from my work buddy is that they will be getting about 6 freshman from Avery Trace, Prescott, Algood (Cookeville jr highs) for next season. They had several freshman this year from those three schools. About 5 of those 17 seniors this year were from Cookeville. So it has already started to happen. With the high school expansion, and building the biggest jr in putnam county, they are bound to get more. On another subject, heard a new kid showed up and will be attending LA when they go back to school. Out of state kid. A football/baseball player. They guy that told me says he looks like a lineman-first base type kid. Very big. He is a jr. I will try to dig more info on that tomorrow.

Baxter is 10 miles from Cookeville, you can look it up anywhere online. I'm not saying the county isn't rezoning and putting kids into Upperman. All im saying is that the kids that are zoned to go to Cookeville HS for the most part will stay there. Most families don't have the finances to pay that extra 50 bucks or so in gas every week. 

Baxter is 10 miles from Cookeville, you can look it up anywhere online. I'm not saying the county isn't rezoning and putting kids into Upperman. All im saying is that the kids that are zoned to go to Cookeville HS for the most part will stay there. Most families don't have the finances to pay that extra 50 bucks or so in gas every week.

Putnam County has no school zones.

The city line for Cookeville is around the Dipsy Doodle on 70, way less than 10 miles from UHS. The UHS kids in buffalo valley are way further than that. Just like the Rickman kids up by Monterey going to LA. That little a diffrence won't be a problem. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Maybe zoned isn't the word i'm looking for. I just don't see all these kids all of a sudden deciding to go to Upperman. Maybe down the road in a few years if Upperman can sustain a high level of success and CHS is having losing seasons year after year. Upperman is still pretty much a unknown commodity that has  had little success outside of last season. Cookeville has made the playoffs 10 straight seasons and has a coach that is a proven winner.

The city line for Cookeville is around the Dipsy Doodle on 70, way less than 10 miles from UHS. The UHS kids in buffalo valley are way further than that. Just like the Rickman kids up by Monterey going to LA. That little a diffrence won't be a problem.

Why would Rickman kids go to Monterey?