Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

just wondering if Trapp will tweak the offense to fit him? He is not the runner that Poteete or Phillipss were but could have the best arm. Any know who the U qb will be next year?

What is their to tweak? We run a passing heavy spread offense. I seen some people call it a zone read last season and that is not true. All the running Poteete done was usually not by design. He was just running for his life half the time. Phillips had better lines and you seen alot less running.

I have a good feeling about Jennings and DC in years to come. If I was a reciever in that area I would be doing everything I could do to get better cause Jennings will make you famous if you know what I mean.

I am hoping another go to receiver can emerge besides Patterson this season. As far as Jennings goes, yeah he should be a good one for us for years to come.

What is their to tweak? We run a passing heavy spread offense. I seen some people call it a zone read last season and that is not true. All the running Poteete done was usually not by design. He was just running for his life half the time. Phillips had better lines and you seen alot less running.

7 points in 3quaters verse a very average UH D. Jennings has a great arm but will be an average scrambler. With 4 wr and Milan rolling to the flats, UH simply man covered and blitzed DC with more men then they could block. Verse kids like York,McCoin,and Poteet would exploit that and kill you on the run. Jennings is more of a Peyton M. Take out a wr, put in a fb or te and feed the ball to your biggest weapon Milan with some blocking. Then play action pass off it. The best coaches mold there scheme around the talent, not the talent around the scheme.

7 points in 3quaters verse a very average UH D. Jennings has a great arm but will be an average scrambler. With 4 wr and Milan rolling to the flats, UH simply man covered and blitzed DC with more men then they could block. Verse kids like York,McCoin,and Poteet would exploit that and kill you on the run. Jennings is more of a Peyton M. Take out a wr, put in a fb or te and feed the ball to your biggest weapon Milan with some blocking. Then play action pass off it. The best coaches mold there scheme around the talent, not the talent around the scheme.

One game doesnt account for an entire season, they were simply out matched that night. Coach Trapp hasn't tried running a pro style offense since his first season. He didn't run his typical offense last year, schemes changed while becoming more balanced. I expect much of the same this year but for our passing game to become more explosive. We was limited in wha we could do last season. Also Peyton takes the majority of his snaps in the shotgun, you dont have to line up in an I formation to run the ball sucessfully.

One game doesnt account for an entire season, they were simply out matched that night. Coach Trapp hasn't tried running a pro style offense since his first season. He didn't run his typical offense last year, schemes changed while becoming more balanced. I expect much of the same this year but for our passing game to become more explosive. We was limited in wha we could do last season. Also Peyton takes the majority of his snaps in the shotgun, you dont have to line up in an I formation to run the ball sucessfully.

I agree you don't have to line up in a I to run the ball, look at auburn. But they have 2 threats in the backfield and its workable. With a qb that don't threaten the D with is legs, its hard to do. UT tried it a half season and made a change to the more mobile qb rather than go to more power sets. Even UH brought in the Ely kid a lot to block for York and Butler. Just something Trapp should consider. Jennings is good, but as a Soph, Milan will still be the main weapon on O. I would make sure he has room to run. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I agree you don't have to line up in a I to run the ball, look at auburn. But they have 2 threats in the backfield and its workable. With a qb that don't threaten the D with is legs, its hard to do. UT tried it a half season and made a change to the more mobile qb rather than go to more power sets. Even UH brought in the Ely kid a lot to block for York and Butler. Just something Trapp should consider. Jennings is good, but as a Soph, Milan will still be the main weapon on O. I would make sure he has room to run.

It will all get figured out. Milan better be the main weapon on offense, I would like him to get more touches every game. I would also like to see him more involved in the passing game as well.

Once again know what you are talking about before you speak... Jennings is an outstanding scrambler he moves well in the pocket. The week of the Macon county he sprained (Tweaked) his knee. Then in the Macon co game he had to come out in the third quarter because he twisted it. Had an MRI and it showed a sprain, and the next week we played y'all. He had a hard time moving on it. Which played into all the blitzs and sacks. Don't get me wrong we would have lost regardless but that really hurt us

Once again know what you are talking about before you speak... Jennings is an outstanding scrambler he moves well in the pocket. The week of the Macon county he sprained (Tweaked) his knee. Then in the Macon co game he had to come out in the third quarter because he twisted it. Had an MRI and it showed a sprain, and the next week we played y'all. He had a hard time moving on it. Which played into all the blitzs and sacks. Don't get me wrong we would have lost regardless but that really hurt us

again, I will say he will probably be the best qb in the district next 3 years. I seen him play on more than once. He can move and slide and get away from the rush when needed. My point is his bread and butter is not his legs, its his arm and height. Milan's talent is his ruuning ability once he gets going. Milan is not a true scat back. But once he gets going he has excellent top end speed. I thinking tweaking the O to better use both their talents is a good thing. Not everyone can run the read spread like York and McCoin could. I hs, you can't recruit your type qb. So you have to mold around the kids you have.

Jennings and Milan have a special talent no doubt. I agree with you on that, something I think Jennings needs to work on is not starring down the receivers, he had a habit of doing that last year. I talked to Moon's dad this weekend and it seems like his son will be 100% in a month or 2. He is a really good player and will surprise you with how physical he is for his size. You get him and Ball back next year! I'm interested in seeing how Joey will contribute on Offense, he is quick and has good hands. Could turn out to be a nice weapon for the offense along with Milan, Mooneyham, Patterson, Warner, and the freshman caserino ( I know I butchered that) should be fun to watch!

Edited by Waterboy78

Jennings and Milan have a special talent no doubt. I agree with you on that, something I think Jennings needs to work on is not starring down the receivers, he had a habit of doing that last year. I talked to Moon's dad this weekend and it seems like his son will be 100% in a month or 2. He is a really good player and will surprise you with how physical he is for his size. You get him and Ball back next year! I'm interested in seeing how Joey will contribute on Offense, he is quick and has good hands. Could turn out to be a nice weapon for the offense along with Milan, Mooneyham, Patterson, Warner, and the freshman caserino ( I know I butchered that) should be fun to watch!

I agree tgose two are very top end type kids. I would almost say they would win district if LA was not going the be so strong. Hard to win the district with a soph qb. Even if he is great, ussualy has a bad game in him at some point. Now all those kids coming back might help change my mind once I see them. Who will replace Gill as the stud on the line? DC has had play makers for about 5 years now, but a top 4a type dominant line has been lacking. Just wonder what's that line going to look like in 14?