Maryville gloating accepted in this thread, calm down on the others

BackinTN

Wow...that would send A LOT of schools to the D2 realm....STARS, where's that list again???

We could lose an entire classification with this criteria.

Not really. Most that it would involved would set a number of tuition students they would accept that would keep them below that number and move on. Those that are taking in significantly more would either have to change their policies and take less or they would move to a different classification. Since they are already recruiting, there should be no major transition, other than greater travel, by going to DII. 

Open zoned schools would either close their zones to their predetermined zoning boundaries, or they would go DII as well. 

DII would get more competition, which would be good for them, and no one would care about the public schools that recruit any more. 

Success is recruiting! You don't think people would move to the district of the next program to spring up to take Maryville, Alcoa, Greeneville's place? The thing you really need to be worried about are the future D1 players that move into the Maryville district and pay zero tuition. Maybe we could have parents with kids like these banned from changing residence while their children are between the ages of 14-18.

Success is recruiting! You don't think people would move to the district of the next program to spring up to take Maryville, Alcoa, Greeneville's place? The thing you really need to be worried about are the future D1 players that move into the Maryville district and pay zero tuition. Maybe we could have parents with kids like these banned from changing residence while their children are between the ages of 14-18.

This isn't about the ones that actually live there and most could care less about when they moved there. Ask Rankin about that and the success he had from it during his years at Riverdale. He was great about finding jobs and housing so people would move and actually live in the zone. That's a little easier to accept than having kids coming from multiple counties.

Yeah...that has already been alluded to.

So where does Murvil go in your perfect world???

6A, 7A?? 

NCAA D2??

What would it take to make you disappear?

And I promise I will push for it...to my dying breath.

"Yeah...that has already been alluded to.

6A, 7A?? 

NCAA D2??

And I promise I will push for it...to my dying breath." -APB

Well, you said it and I delivered on what it would take, get the schools that are either/both open zoned and high number of tuition paying enrollment students into DII.

I'll be waiting for you to start pushing for it to your dying breath...then I will disappear. 

"Yeah...that has already been alluded to.

6A, 7A?? 

NCAA D2??

And I promise I will push for it...to my dying breath." -APB

Well, you said it and I delivered on what it would take, get the schools that are either/both open zoned and high number of tuition paying enrollment students into DII.

I'll be waiting for you to start pushing for it to your dying breath...then I will disappear. 

Get your school to open it's zone. Problem solved. (Each school system can decide this)

Edited by OldRebel2

I have already made a couple of calls to the powers that be to get Murvil and Alcoee off the bully trail.

Who are these multiple county kids that you speak of and where did they go to school??

And...

What about the open zones at Centennial, Page and Fairview in your own back yard?? (this from the WC web page)

They will have to go D2 as well. : (

Wow...that would send A LOT of schools to the D2 realm....STARS, where's that list again???

We could lose an entire classification with this criteria.

Alcoee, Mairvul, Sweetwater, Dobbuns Bent-It, Cyunts Hill, Elizabethtun, Greenevul, Oneidee, Cleavlund, Tullyhoma, Union Citee, Huntingdun, Milan, Trentun Peebodee, Lynn Orr Citee, Dyersburg, Lebanon, Oke Gridge, Humboldt......

APB hitt mite taik Oneidee, Peebodee, and Lynn Orr Citee a while two adapt two SEC west compeetishun tho...imo.... :popcorneater:

Alcoee, Mairvul, Sweetwater, Dobbuns Bent-It, Cyunts Hill, Elizabethtun, Greenevul, Oneidee, Cleavlund, Tullyhoma, Union Citee, Huntingdun, Milan, Trentun Peebodee, Lynn Orr Citee, Dyersburg, Lebanon, Oke Gridge, Humboldt......

Centennial, page, fairview...Upperman, monterey, cookeville...

APB hitt mite taik Oneidee, Peebodee, and Lynn Orr Citee a while two adapt two SEC west compeetishun tho...imo.... :popcorneater:

Phixed...there's more...keep digging.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge