Maryville gloating accepted in this thread, calm down on the others

BackinTN

Now that we're all (hopefully) done trolling each other, can anyone give an actual # of tuition students that were part of the football team this year (9th-12th)?  I stand by my guestimate that it's less than 5.

Personally, I was a tuition student that played football.  Might also be of interest in considering that I was a tuition student grades K-12.  Surely you people that want to whine about OOZ issues can realize that football is not the driving force behind OOZ students.

I know that Alcoa has higher OOZ students than Murvil...hard to get a kid into there without moving into the city...Better be an excellent football err...grammer student.

Both percentage are low on football team...I'd guess Murvil has less than 10 kids on tuition.

Alcoa, between 12-18...

Tuition is NEVER waived. Only exception to this would be if a kids parents work for the city schools

Not sure if this has been stated > Tuition is half price for city employees (teachers)

Edited by Rebels5star

I know that Alcoa has higher OOZ students than Murvil...hard to get a kid into there without moving into the city...Better be an excellent football err...grammer student.

Both percentage are low on football team...I'd guess Murvil has less than 10 kids on tuition.

Alcoa, between 12-18...

Tuition is NEVER waived. Only exception to this would be if a kids parents work for the city schools

Not sure if this has been stated > Tuition is half price for city employees (teachers)

Idk about now, but it's probably not a lot different.  In 2012, Alcoa High School had 343 resident students and 193 tuition students.  That's 36%.  I'd be surprised if there aren't more than 12-18 on the football team.

The last number I saw for the MHS tuition students was in 2010.  At that time, MHS had 100 tuition students out of a total enrollment of 1558, or 6.4%. 

Source: http://www.thedailytimes.com/Local_News/story/Alcoa-officials-pitch-new-high-school-id-020068

Edited by OldRebel2

Lots of kids wanting to get in Ms Fergusons english class.

Interesting part of the article to me; 

Alcoa Elementary School has 619 resident students and 126 tuition students. Alcoa Middle School has 369 resident students and 164 tuition students. Alcoa High School has 343 resident students and 193 tuition students.

They are doing a good job bringing in higher numbers of tuition kids as the grade level goes up. Not surprising as it happens in most private schools too, but it shows how open zoning for tuition paying students is very similar to private schools. Gives some credence to the argument of some for a mulitplier for public schools with open zone/ low tuition policies. 

I wonder how many of those 193 high school non school zone kids play football? I would guess at least 10-15 just based on natural percentages. 

As a side note, its funny that they are worried about growth when they created their own problem with very low tuition and loose policy. I'm believe they would rather spend tens of millions on a new school building than lose the pipeline of students from out of zone. 

I wish Maryville would be as open with their numbers. I'm betting they won't. 

I wonder how many of those 193 high school non school zone kids play football? I would guess at least 10-15 just based on natural percentages. 

Yeah...that has already been alluded to.

So where does Murvil go in your perfect world???

6A, 7A?? 

NCAA D2??

What would it take to make you disappear?

And I promise I will push for it...to my dying breath.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge