Loss of Private schools

DelTavian

Posted by pujo:

Its 35 instead of 36.Its not only 1a and 2a which is the number you came up with. read the story in the Jackson sun.

I'd kill to see the full list of who would move up or down in all sports once the 35 were moved out.

Anybody got any inside info? Hey Ronnie (Carter). You read CoachT don't you? Post the list for us so we can start planning. :)

Del.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

again to try and keep this off the debait page, here are some thoughts. Once the private schools move out and the alignments are readjusted, guess who two new teams to DI A ball are: Tyner and Trousdale. I think Alcoa would also be in A with all the A privates gone. Not debaiting one way or another, just pointing out.

Pan, I remember when Trousdale and Alcoa were single A once years ago, and I don't think most people have a problem with that.

Posted by panfan:

Once the private schools move out and the alignments are readjusted, guess who two new teams to DI A ball are: Tyner and Trousdale. I think Alcoa would also be in A with all the A privates gone

Here is the basic list of who would be in what class, for football only, if this happens. This could be different depending on new enrollments, schools choosing to play up, etc. There are 53 schools in each class, if I counted correctly. This could be 5 regions with 7 teams, 3 with 6 teams.

http://www.coacht.com/story.cfm?doc=5376

[Edited by coacht on 11-5-02 6:31P]

I'm told Tyner will be back in AA in basketball in the next classification period, maybe even next year because their school population increased so much. That would put them in 2A football in a 5 class public division. I think Alcoa would move up, it looks like Rockwood would be one of the few teams around for them to play in a region, and I don't guess that's really close either. Trousdale might consider moving up the way they've done in 3A this year, and just 8 students under the cutoff they might be over the limit when the final numbers are taken. There would still be lots of good teams.

Posted by coacht:

Here is the basic list of who would be in what class, for football only, if this happens. This could be different depending on new enrollments, schools choosing to play up, etc. There are 53 schools in each class, if I counted correctly. This could be 5 regions with 7 teams, 3 with 6 teams.

http://www.coacht.com/story.cfm?doc=5376

[Edited by coacht on 11-5-02 6:31P]

Well, either Grundy's region would change or someone could go 0-10 and still make the playoffs. ;)

Del.