GP WEST

MatWiz

I am glad the talk has now turned back to the G.P. West tournament instead of talk of Centennial High School.  If you want to talk about that, create a new topic.  It sounds like the Brentwood tournament was a good tournament with many side tales that can be discussed elsewhere.

Edited by hoosierdad

I'd pick Debien over Bruno, Debien was in complete control of all four of his matches at that tournament including the finals whereas Bruno was behind in two out of his three matches giving up the first takedowns in each of them. Debien was clearly the more dominate wrestler at this tournament.

Chris has also already proven that he can have success on the national scene being one of three All-Americans on the current Cleveland squad. Although Bruno is a complete beast at heavyweight I'm not sure what his accomplishments are out of state or at the national level, I'm sure he would do well though.

Well I know Bruno went undefeated on his Cadet Duals trip and made the ALL-Tournament Team.  Chris was on the same team but I cant remember how his record was.

Debien, Murphy, and Reagan were all undefeated on the Cadet Duals trip, but like I said Chris has claimed All-American status at least three times in high school that I know of by competing at folkstyle freestyle and greco national tournaments.

I know a couple years ago Debien and Austin Stevison both were AA's then last year Chris and Ethan were both AA's plus Debien also AA'd at Fargo. There may be more but I know of three at least in the past couple years.

With that being said, to answer the question of which wrestlers from this tournament could make the most noise nationally, I would say the three tournament champs and All-Americans from Cleveland. Chris Debien, Austin Stevison, and Ethan West with Chris being the most decorated.

Were there any other AA's at the GP West?

The simple solution is to have a contract with an out clause of $2500.00. Other states do this to keep teams from backing out of duals and tournaments after the athletic directors and tournament directors are counting on there attendance.

Sounds as if you are still a little miffed with EFT!!!!!! You need to let that go you old sun baked geezer...

Could TFI not find anyone else to do the commentating in their matches against TBSFBAG and EBE ? I felt like I was listening to Mr Rogers telling you about one of hid sweaters..

Call me next time, my neighbor and I will gladly help out our fellow fish eaters

Bcbiii

Sounds as if you are still a little miffed with EFT!!!!!! You need to let that go you old sun baked geezer...

Could TFI not find anyone else to do the commentating in their matches against TBSFBAG and EBE ? I felt like I was listening to Mr Rogers telling you about one of hid sweaters..

Call me next time, my neighbor and I will gladly help out our fellow fish eaters

Bcbiii

Mr. Rogers is a good analogy of our "Red Bank" friend but Captain Kangaroo may be a better fit.  You are more than welcome to help out any time that you are in town.  I did hear that the "Purple Mamas" were more than a little upset that you didn't help them stock the bar.  What I want to know is how Mrs. Susie Q's parents trusted you back in the day?  Talking about a true Eddie Haskell!!!

Mr. Rogers is a good analogy of our "Red Bank" friend but Captain Kangaroo may be a better fit. You are more than welcome to help out any time that you are in town. I did hear that the "Purple Mamas" were more than a little upset that you didn't help them stock the bar. What I want to know is how Mrs. Susie Q's parents trusted you back in the day? Talking about a true Eddie Haskell!!!

Truth be known, Susie Q was on her way to a life behind bars if it wasn't for me... I remember Brick confiding in me about what all Susie Q was into and all the piercings and tatoo's that she had.. We talked one day in the back of her yellow station wagon in the way back seat and thankfully she took my advice...

Bcbiii

I think I still have a pic or two, I'll dig them out and post them....