D1 vs D2

rlwest40

Things are going in the wrong direction; think about it, we're going to have 3 state champs this year. But it will add more points for criteria for next year's invitational tournaments. Small school state champs should benefit greatly here, thus skewing many seeds.

That's why Carry tournaments can be a disappointment, where at least you a clearer picture with consolidations.

Head to head and common opponents should be a higher criteria, but of there is none, go ahead and show deference if that's what the wrestler's coach genuinely desires (considering reality and avoiding major bracket busters with a 1st/2nd seed going down first round)

It can be fun at first, but ultimately a risk of embarrassment later on, including upcoming seeding meetings

I find in funny TD2 that you say public schools would do better due to the past when it was combined if you look at whose producing and more successful college wrestlers it's hands down D2 today

I find in funny TD2 that you say public schools would do better due to the past when it was combined if you look at whose producing and more successful college wrestlers it's hands down D2 today

Interesting,  You may know more than I do, but as far as I know,  DII only has 1 kid starting right know in NCAA division I  (Mosley at American).  DI has two kids starting at UTC right now (boykin, Lewis/smith,  if Schrader wasn't hurt you would have three and then Croy at Harvard.  so as I see it that is 4 kids that actually won wrestle-offs and starting at the DI level for Public and one for private.  "Not.... would of...... should have.... could off"  All these guys actually won their wrestle-off and made the starting line-up.  sure some other kids will get to wrestle here and there, but I'm talking about making the varsity line-up.

So that is 5 current DI starters from Public schools and 1 D1 starter from private shools.

Marchetti

Johnson

Baucke

Elsea

Mosley

Hooker

All starters, Watson I was told is injured, not sure about Manley who started last two seasons at Stanford. Bruner and Clemons are likely redshirted.

Boykin and Schrader both list their wrestle offs, but Boykin doing a good job for an injured Johnson.