Ooltewah Owls 2014

GOOSESDAD

PassiveAggressive, you obviously don't know $#!+ about football. Alcoa would whip every Chattanooga school regardless of class. I'd go out on a limb & bet Webb would have last year too. Not to mention Knoxville West, but any team in the KIL is better than the sorry #### teams you guys put on the field. That leaves you to nut hug the 1-2 teams that beat Maryville in a decade, but whatever helps you get it up...

That being the case, the last championship team from Chattanooga (Red Bank w/ Riggs) got smacked when they DROPPED TO 4A & proceeded to get raped by Maryville. heck, the best coach you guys ever had was a Maryville reject (Bennie Monroe). You guys down there should stick to wrestling which I'll admit Chattanooga is king even though Ooltewah is the red headed step child when it comes to that arena too.

I will say this, any Maryville fan that chooses to have a battle of football wits with you regarding football should be locked up. It's not fair when someone like yourself comes to the fight unarmed & unintelligent.

Wow great post! But I would think you should type, then read, wait 5 minutes then re read. Then go check your facts, then if you feel good about it hit post.

But if you want to debate I am in, but if you want to throw rocks go ahead, but dealing with PA he don't throw rocks he fishes, you might want to get that hook out of your mouth.

YOU:

"Alcoa would whip every Chattanooga school regardless of class. I'd go out on a limb & bet Webb would have last year too."

FACT:

in 2013 Baylor 21 Webb 7............

PassiveAggressive, you obviously don't know $#!+ about football. Alcoa would whip every Chattanooga school regardless of class. I'd go out on a limb & bet Webb would have last year too. Not to mention Knoxville West, but any team in the KIL is better than the sorry #### teams you guys put on the field. That leaves you to nut hug the 1-2 teams that beat Maryville in a decade, but whatever helps you get it up...

That being the case, the last championship team from Chattanooga (Red Bank w/ Riggs) got smacked when they DROPPED TO 4A & proceeded to get raped by Maryville. heck, the best coach you guys ever had was a Maryville reject (Bennie Monroe). You guys down there should stick to wrestling which I'll admit Chattanooga is king even though Ooltewah is the red headed step child when it comes to that arena too.

I will say this, any Maryville fan that chooses to have a battle of football wits with you regarding football should be locked up. It's not fair when someone like yourself comes to the fight unarmed & unintelligent.

JSamson,  Maryville didn't look so good against Ensworth last year did they,  Knoxville doesn't have better football players than Chattanooga, Knoxville does not deal with Private School pressures of Chattanooga (There is no Baylor or McCallie in Knoxville and dont' say Webb).  These Private schools take 1 to 3 of the best athletes from the each 8th grade class each year.   Now, lets add in the Georgia state Line.  Each year several good players transfer down to Ridgeland or Ringgold to avoid dealing with the TSSAA rules.  The year Ridgeland played in the 4AAAA Championship game several of their players were from Chattanooga and I'm not even going to mention the same thing happens in Alabama at North Jackson.  What happens in Knoxville is a majority of good players transfer to Alcoa or Maryville. Consider yourself lucky and shut the heck up. 

JSamson, Maryville didn't look so good against Ensworth last year did they, Knoxville doesn't have better football players than Chattanooga, Knoxville does not deal with Private School pressures of Chattanooga (There is no Baylor or McCallie in Knoxville and dont' say Webb). These Private schools take 1 to 3 of the best athletes from the each 8th grade class each year. Now, lets add in the Georgia state Line. Each year several good players transfer down to Ridgeland or Ringgold to avoid dealing with the TSSAA rules. The year Ridgeland played in the 4AAAA Championship game several of their players were from Chattanooga and I'm not even going to mention the same thing happens in Alabama at North Jackson. What happens in Knoxville is a majority of good players transfer to Alcoa or Maryville. Consider yourself lucky and shut the heck up.

Knoxville has: Catholic, CAK,and Webb... All of these schools take from the talent pool of Knoxville public schools, so you cant really use that as an excuse. Now I don't necessarily agree with everything Jsampson said but he was correct in saying that football is alot stronger in the Knoxville area.

Where do your facts come from?

Red,   First let me say,  Maryville and Alcoa do it right. I'm not taking anything from them and I applaud their success.  I'm a capitalist and I believe winners win.  Their youth football is great, etc....   However, I've know many, many players over the years transfer down into those school zones and guess what,  I would and don't blame them.   But to compare Knoxville and Chattanooga is not comparing apjples to apples.  Grace, CAK and Webb are not Baylor and McCallie and you guys don't understand how easy it is to transfer to a Georgia school and not change a families lifestyle at all.

Knoxville has: Catholic, CAK,and Webb... All of these schools take from the talent pool of Knoxville public schools, so you cant really use that as an excuse. Now I don't necessarily agree with everything Jsampson said but he was correct in saying that football is alot stronger in the Knoxville area.

Webb is in the lower D2 classification. Both Baylor and McCallie are in the higher D2 classification, not to mention McCallie is an all-boys school. Notre Dame is just as big as Knox Catholic and they don't get anywhere near the recruits/athletes as Baylor and McCallie. CAK is roughly equivalent to Chattanooga Christian and they aren't pulling in recruits either.

You don't know what you're talking about when it comes to private schools. Chattanooga has Knoxville beaten going away.

Here's a quick list of the private schools in Chattanooga:

Boyd Buchanan - 2A

Silverdale -2A

Chattanooga Grace - 1A

Chattanooga Christian - 3A

Notre Dame - 3A (was 4A last year)

McCallie - DII-AA

Baylor - DII-AA

Knoxville has a few similar private schools, but they don't have those two big boys at the top.  Every good athlete in Chattanooga goes through the Baylor/McCallie bottleneck.  Those two schools take 1/3 of the good athletes in the area regardless of zone.  Add Boyd-Buchanan and Notre Dame to the mix and you're look at 1/2.

Edited by DougVick

It is not the same.   They don't give full financial aid to players for a  school that cost $22k a year and their facilities don't look like a college campus.  CAT, CAK and Webb would compair to ND, Boyd, Sliverdale, Grace,  We have those too.  Chattanooga has one of the highest private school enrollment per population in the entire country.  Thats a whole other issue.   Baylor and McCallie even in bad years would win school championship yearly.   If you say any different, you don't know what you are taking about.  My point,  football players are not better in Knoxville,   their programs may be because they keep more of their players. 

Are you trying to tell me that McCallie & Baylor would win the public school division yearly??? You must be outta your darn mind. Ask McCallie what happened when they played Alcoa. BJ Coleman could tell you...

They lost by 3 points.

That same McCallie team beat Riverdale that year (2006).

You don't know what you're talking about, broseph.

Edited by DougVick

They lost by 3 points.

That same McCallie team beat Riverdale that year (2006).

They lost to a 2A school & the game was at McCallie so losing to a small school at your home field with arguably one of the better high school QB's to come from this state speaks volumes. I watched that game, did you? Even when Baylor & McCallie were playing everyone else before the split they weren't world beaters like everyone in Chattanooga thinks they were. I dealt with this same delusional thinking for 4 years when I went to UTC, I thought after a few years of reality setting in things would have changed... Edited by JSamson7