Ooltewah Owls 2014

GOOSESDAD

C'mon man. Lol 4-6 isn't good but it isn't terrible either. And wasn't Stanton the coach in 05?

To what we are accustomed to at Oak Ridge through the years it's terrible. Although we haven't been as great in recent memory, we still hold our football team to excellence here. And yes he was, but I could've coached that team to a state title.

To what we are accustomed to at Oak Ridge through the years it's terrible. Although we haven't been as great in recent memory, we still hold our football team to excellence here. And yes he was, but I could've coached that team to a state title.

I understand that programs like Oak Ridge and Riverdale have extremely high standards, which can be a good thing but if can also be a bad thing. Its bad because fans can have unrealistic expectations. Look at Riverdale... They were calling for their coaches head after a 4-6 record last year when he had taken his team to the semis only 2 years before. The team started 0-6 but won the last 4 games. To me that is a sign of good coaching.. That team finished the season strong and improved dramatically... And I'm of the opinion that bad coaches do not take their teams to the semifinals or state, it just doesnt happen. When your team has a bad coach, its easy to see. When you hit rock bottom you know it. Just look at WB.. We had a great coach and we had our best season in school history under him.. As soon as he left we became a sub .500 team. We havent made the playoffs or reached a 5-5 record since... That is bad coaching... Good coaches take teams to the semis and state. Bad coaches do not do that, i dont care what anyone says. Edited by Governors91

I understand that programs like Oak Ridge and Riverdale have extremely high standards, which can be a good thing but if can also be a bad thing. Its bad because fans can have unrealistic expectations. Look at Riverdale... They were calling for their coaches head after a 4-6 record last year when he had taken his team to the semis only 2 years before. The team started 0-6 but won the last 4 games. To me that is a sign of good coaching.. That team finished the season strong and improved dramatically... And I'm of the opinion that bad coaches do not take their teams to the semifinals or state, it just doesnt happen. When your team has a bad coach, its easy to see. When you hit rock bottom you know it. Just look at WB.. We had a great coach and we had our best season in school history under him.. As soon as he left we became a sub .500 team. We havent made the playoffs or reached a 5-5 record since... That is bad coaching... Good coaches take teams to the semis and state. Bad coaches do not do that, i dont care what anyone says.

Stanton got ran out of OR more for other things then he did for coaching. I wont go into detail about i'm not like that, but their are people who know (especially OR fans) He wasn't a horrible coach, but he wasn't that good. We just had awesome talent in 2005. If Lussier (our coach before him) was Coach in 2005 we more than likely would've been state champions that year. To be honest with you Stanton had more talent on his teams then Blade did in 2009 and 2010 and Blade took us to the semifinals in 2010 with very little talent. That team was slow as molasses overall, but he took us to the semi's. Now that is good coaching.

Stanton got ran out of OR more for other things then he did for coaching. I wont go into detail about i'm not like that, but their are people who know (especially OR fans) He wasn't a horrible coach, but he wasn't that good. We just had awesome talent in 2005. If Lussier (our coach before him) was Coach in 2005 we more than likely would've been state champions that year. To be honest with you Stanton had more talent on his teams then Blade did in 2009 and 2010 and Blade took us to the semifinals in 2010 with very little talent. That team was slow as molasses overall, but he took us to the semi's. Now that is good coaching.

See I can believe that .. I can see a decent/ok coach taking a talented team to state. But I highly doubt a coach like Gregory or Ridge could take a talented team to the playoffs, let alone state.

Good morning Merryville jocks! I want you to follow my Owls 2014 season.We have a very good team. We just don't play as many cupcakes as you do in our district. Yes we need to separate from the better teams in our district and if we plan to make some noise in the playoffs. No go on and get your grill started. And quit clogging up my thread talking about much of nothing.

If they had crazy talent they could. It's possible.

Maybe... But William Blount doesn't have crazy levels of talent.. As I have been saying for a long time... William Blount has the talent to be atleast 5-5 or 6-4 "Most" years and have an occasional team that is good enough to be legitimate state contenders. We haven't won more then 4 games since 07.. That is unacceptable... In '11 we had the talent to make a deep playoff run imo and we still finished below .500

Maybe... But William Blount doesn't have crazy levels of talent.. As I have been saying for a long time... William Blount has the talent to be atleast 5-5 or 6-4 "Most" years and have an occasional team that is good enough to be legitimate state contenders. We haven't won more then 4 games since 07.. That is unacceptable... In '11 we had the talent to make a deep playoff run imo and we still finished below .500

hope ya have a great yr

Ok Champs...keep gloating and get ready for #16??  Now back to the Merrivill thread...I enjoyed yal folks...you don't get wadded like my 5aaa buddies....yal talk 2/7 and my 5aaa buddies say i have met my match talking....and they are right....yal talk too much about absolutely nothing...

We got studs throughout 5aaa and we give them their props...yal just talk about Merryville....Give  other studs credit....admitt that Mark Dodson is a stud and wasn't going down for the second time...The Canes finally got the win against my Owls and I admitt that Matt Malita is my daddy...he made a big play and that was heart from him and the QB....heck we sacked him 8 times and that stud kept getting up and making plays....If yal give credit where credit is due..people wouldn't hate yal so much...yal put your pads on just like the rest of us....and yal not hard to talk to....you just don't have any real dialog IMO....Now my 5aaa buddies and yes they are my buddies...we can cut to the core and then give props to the studs......

Let me name some of our former and current STUDS...

Trey Herndon- Vanderbilt Signee

Austin Henrik- MTSU

Tyler Davis-Army/West Point

Tony/Alonzo Francios- ETSU

Bailey Lenior-UTC

Austin Gatewood- ETSU

Hunter Moore- Central Arkansas

Dj Clutch Jones- Georgia Military

Desmond Pittman-?

David Strickland- Miss JUCO

David Nobles- Lindsey Wilson

Mike Williams- Austin Peay

Brody Binder-Troy will play football and baseball

Now for the up and coming STUDS

Tj Parker 

Raekwon Bunion

Austin Massey

Matt Daddy Malitta

Martez Durrah

Jeremy Woods

Cole Copeland

London Elrod

Jerimiah Jackson

Rashaun Freeman

Adrian Hall

Edward Hayes

Corbin Pawers

Nick Putnam

Tyler Reed

Jeff Coleman

Hey these are just the studs off the top of my head and believe me ...THEY ARE NO CUPCAKES!!!

WHEN THEY PERFORM AT A HIGH LEVEL WIN OR LOSS...WE GIVE PROPS...AND WHEN THEY DROP THE BALL..WE WILL FRY THEM LIKE BACON LOL THIS IS WHAT YAL ARE MISSING...STUDS ALL OVER THE DISTRICT...BEG TO DIFFER???