Knox Central Circus

TennBoy

I hear an Oak Ridge guy.

Don't know that he should be described as an "Oak Ridge guy", but the candidate mentioned did coach at Oak Ridge for a time, among other stops in his career.  He could just as easily be called a "Hillsboro guy" or a "New Jersey guy". 

Edited by HTV

Anyone know the record of the team he was OC @ in NJ?  What size school was it, how competitive was the league they were in, and what was the make-up of the student body. What type of offense did he run? Points scored average, and was it a passing or running based offense. Were they ever shut out or held to under 10 points. How much, (if anything other than a TSU career, coaching stints Hillsboro,  OR,  and Hankensack), Central fans do you know about your new coach. Does a Blade endorsement, now carry as much a Quarles endorsement? Seems like a lot of the new coaches around ET are getting jobs based on who they know, not on what they have done as coaches.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know the record of the team he was OC @ in NJ?  What size school was it, how competitive was the league they were in, and what was the make-up of the student body. What type of offense did he run? Points scored average, and was it a passing or running based offense. Were they ever shut out or held to under 10 points. How much, (if anything other than a TSU career, coaching stints Hillsboro,  OR,  and Hankensack), Central fans do you know about your new coach. Does a Blade endorsement, now carry as much a Quarles endorsement? Seems like a lot of the new coaches around ET are getting jobs based on who they know, not on what they have done as coaches.

Rosser coached at Hackensack High School, which according to Wikipedia has about 1,800 students. 

Haven't really seen much on the football team online, other than that they were 6-3 in the regular season playing in a classification that included schools up to 2,400 students.  One of the schools they played is Don Bosco Prep, which is a school that has turned out a ton of Division 1 athletes over the years. 

New Jersey is a weird state for high school football.  While we fuss about having 6 public school and 2 private school state champions crowned ever year, I am told that New Jersey has 24 - yes 24, not a typo - football "state champions" every year. 

Rosser will be my guest this Saturday at 10 on AM 760 in Knoxville.  I look forward to meeting him and learning about his background and his plans at Central.