District 14a Tourney

westtnsportsfan

"You know you're a good team when you play one of your worst games of the season and still beat a very good team"... that sums tonight up and is meant as no disrespect to Greenfield.

We shot 18% in the first half and went 6 minutes without scoring in the second quarter (Union City game all over again). Luckily, Sophomore Erin Lannom and Sophomore Briana Fields took over the game in the third and fourth quarters and willed us to a win. Greenfield played a great game and very gritty game tonight. They're a good team that gets better and better each time I see them, credit that to coaching. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to playing them a fourth time if it comes up again. I would feel a little better facing a Dresden or Huntingdon team that we haven't played this year. Great game to Greenfield. Now it's onto another Union City match up on Saturday. We can beat them, but will have to play much better than tonight. I said at the beginning of the year that we will beat them atleast once this year.... I'm still confident in that.

"You know you're a good team when you play one of your worst games of the season and still beat a very good team"... that sums tonight up and is meant as no disrespect to Greenfield.

We shot 18% in the first half and went 6 minutes without scoring in the second quarter (Union City game all over again). Luckily, Sophomore Erin Lannom and Sophomore Briana Fields took over the game in the third and fourth quarters and willed us to a win. Greenfield played a great game and very gritty game tonight. They're a good team that gets better and better each time I see them, credit that to coaching. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to playing them a fourth time if it comes up again. I would feel a little better facing a Dresden or Huntingdon team that we haven't played this year. Great game to Greenfield. Now it's onto another Union City match up on Saturday. We can beat them, but will have to play much better than tonight. I said at the beginning of the year that we will beat them atleast once this year.... I'm still confident in that.

Glad to hear. Had to listen on radio tonight but from the sound it was a ugly hard fought win. Lookin forward to say night.

GC Greenfield has some 6th graders that are dynamite as well. They are playing AAU and tearing it up. I agree with u on the GC game. They played terrible and still won. Credit to Greenfield's defense having a little something to do with that but GC was as nervous as I have ever seen a GC team. They looked terrible in the first half and played better in 2nd half, but still looked awful. Lannom and Fields made some cltch buckets that put them over the top. But if GC plays this nervous against whoever in the region every game out will be a dogfight. They have to take a deep breath and play with more poise. I felt like they were in panic mode just about the whole game. GC needs to be more aggressive in penetrating to the hoop especially Lannom and our down low game has to more aggressive when they get the ball on the low block. GC we won this game tonight and I knew Greenfield would put up a fight, but if we play like we did again tonight we will not make it M boro. I don't know about the other district, but we got to play better. We are a better offensive team than we showed tonight.

GC Greenfield has some 6th graders that are dynamite as well. They are playing AAU and tearing it up. I agree with u on the GC game. They played terrible and still won. Credit to Greenfield's defense having a little something to do with that but GC was as nervous as I have ever seen a GC team. They looked terrible in the first half and played better in 2nd half, but still looked awful. Lannom and Fields made some cltch buckets that put them over the top. But if GC plays this nervous against whoever in the region every game out will be a dogfight. They have to take a deep breath and play with more poise. I felt like they were in panic mode just about the whole game. GC needs to be more aggressive in penetrating to the hoop especially Lannom and our down low game has to more aggressive when they get the ball on the low block. GC we won this game tonight and I knew Greenfield would put up a fight, but if we play like we did again tonight we will not make it M boro. I don't know about the other district, but we got to play better. We are a better offensive team than we showed tonight.

Yea, if we don't start playing more confident, we will be hanging it up in the region tournament. These girls have not  experienced the big games yet in their high school careers. Even though we are Gibson Co., this is all new to this bunch. It is impressive to see these Freshman and Sophomores step like they are. They just need to realize that they're better than their opponents in almost all cases this year and play with confidence like they should. We are better than Huntingdon and Dresden IFFF we play like our normal selves. If we don't hit shots, we still need to keep up the defensive intensity and REBOUNDING.... at times tonight, we broke down defensively and rebounding is all about effort and at points in tonights game we just didn't have it. We need to bounce back and give Union City their first loss of the year and then ride that wave all the way to the state tournament!

Edited by GCPioneer

Yea, if we don't start playing more confident, we will be hanging it up in the region tournament. These girls have not  experienced the big games yet in their high school careers. Even though we are Gibson Co., this is all new to this bunch. It is impressive to see these Freshman and Sophomores step like they are. They just need to realize that they're better than their opponents in almost all cases this year and play with confidence like they should. We are better than Huntingdon and Dresden IFFF we play like our normal selves. If we don't hit shots, we still need to keep up the defensive intensity and REBOUNDING.... at times tonight, we broke down defensively and rebounding is all about effort and at points in tonights game we just didn't have it. We need to bounce back and give Union City their first loss of the year and then ride that wave all the way to the state tournament!

I think we get out of the region somehow, but I don't know if we can go down to a Middleton and beat a pretty good athletic team on the road. We have to be more poised especially on the offensive end. Defensively we played pretty well and created quite a few turnovers. But we have to limit our turnovers. I was really worried watching the 2nd quarter. I think the difference in the game was we were a tad bit better conditioned team than Greenfield. It showed in the 2nd half as we made more clutch shots. Greenfield was missing pretty bad and they looked fatiqued. But they have a very bright future and their fans brought a state tournament atmosphere tonight. Their crowd was electric.

I think we get out of the region somehow, but I don't know if we can go down to a Middleton and beat a pretty good athletic team on the road. We have to be more poised especially on the offensive end. Defensively we played pretty well and created quite a few turnovers. But we have to limit our turnovers. I was really worried watching the 2nd quarter. I think the difference in the game was we were a tad bit better conditioned team than Greenfield. It showed in the 2nd half as we made more clutch shots. Greenfield was missing pretty bad and they looked fatiqued. But they have a very bright future and their fans brought a state tournament atmosphere tonight. Their crowd was electric.

What about that block call against Cara Beth.... what a ridiculous call lol