District 14a Tourney

westtnsportsfan

From the sound of it whoever goes Middleton will be lucky to come out with a win. I'm not sure.

Ill second that. I think UC has a better chance of going down there and winning, so, yeah, how about you guys let us take the region championship and you guys can go beat Middleton at their place. Sounds good to me... Whatcha think purple?

Ill second that. I think UC has a better chance of going down there and winning, so, yeah, how about you guys let us take the region championship and you guys can go beat Middleton at their place. Sounds good to me... Whatcha think purple?

As much as I'd like to see both "North West" teams from the area in the Boro...I don't see UC helping you out with that Middleton situation..lol

I'm calling Region Final Four

UC #1 v Huntingdon #2

GC #2 v Dresden #1

Based upon records and experience....West Carroll--a little inexperience and a key player is young.McKenzie--probably weakest team in tourney, Lake County--one very good player but haven't heard much about anyone else, Greenfield- one great player and only 2 wins over teams with a winning record (Lake County & Dresden). Greenfield is the wild card team in my prediction, because they beat Dresden this season---so they could end up there in the region slot instead of Huntingdon/Dresden (depends on outcome of their championship). That wouldn't surprise me either.

Good luck to all and may the best teams represent!

After watching Middleton tonight, I feel a little better about things. Middleton is still very good, but they do have flaws in their game that were shown tonight. Single A in the west is going to be good for several years.... between Gibson, Middleton, Bradford, Greenfield, Huntingdon....there is a lot of very good young talent around here.

Middleton returns practically all of their key players next year and have some great young talent in the freshman and sophomore class. Bradford and Greenfield are both very young and very good. Huntingdon has the post girl, Belew, who is only a Freshman. Gibson is loaded.... it should be some great basketball over the next several years in Single A around here.

After watching Middleton tonight, I feel a little better about things. Middleton is still very good, but they do have flaws in their game that were shown tonight. Single A in the west is going to be good for several years.... between Gibson, Middleton, Bradford, Greenfield, Huntingdon....there is a lot of very good young talent around here.

Middleton returns practically all of their key players next year and have some great young talent in the freshman and sophomore class. Bradford and Greenfield are both very young and very good. Huntingdon has the post girl, Belew, who is only a Freshman. Gibson is loaded.... it should be some great basketball over the next several years in Single A around here.

Always enjoy reading your posts.   Interesting to see what you thought about MIddleton - did you happen to see Jackson Christian ?   Was not at games but have seen both play couple times through the year, and still say they are a dark horse....not for sure Middleton will be hosting sub-state - really give shot for JC to knock them off either in district or region finals.

Don't think either one can hang with UC and both with have trouble with GC also.

Always enjoy reading your posts.   Interesting to see what you thought about MIddleton - did you happen to see Jackson Christian ?   Was not at games but have seen both play couple times through the year, and still say they are a dark horse....not for sure Middleton will be hosting sub-state - really give shot for JC to knock them off either in district or region finals.

Don't think either one can hang with UC and both with have trouble with GC also.

I saw JCS for the second time this year last night and came away pretty impressed. They're very capable of knocking off Middleton. JCS is one of the more scrappier Single A teams I've seen this year and have no problem with a physical game despite them not being very big. They all can shoot it for the most part and post play isn't bad either. Like I said in another post, I think JCS is more equivalent to Greenfield. That's no disrespect either as Greenfield is a very solid team as well. 

A team that I came away surprised with was Riverside. They're much better than their record indicates. They're also very young with only 1 senior that plays. Riverside will be a solid team next year as well. They gave Middleton fits the whole game with their pressure defense and hit some big shots.

As for Middleton, Riverside definitely exposed some weaknesses that I did not get to see in the Middleton/Walnut game that I saw. Middleton definitely has some weaknesses that I think Gibson can really expose. Our press will give Middleton all kinds of fits, just to be honest. If they struggled with Riverside's half court defense, they'll be in for a long night against our press and intense half court defense. A Middleton and Union City matchup would be very interesting. Union City is big, slow, and physical half court defense who rarely presses. Middleton flourishes in half court sets and struggles when full court pressure comes. 

Is Gibson Co really that loaded?Just wondering.The radio from UC did say they were starting a freshman and two sophomores I believe with two seniors.Said they only played 6 players against UC.So am wondering if they only play 6 players ,do they really have a bench or relying on those 3 players and just hoping the other two are solid.As for going to Middleton.Better get ready or practice in your gym now in 100 degree temperature.With all the cold we have had,can promise you when you get to the small gym in middleton,you arent going to need a coat or jacket.

Is Gibson Co really that loaded?Just wondering.The radio from UC did say they were starting a freshman and two sophomores I believe with two seniors.Said they only played 6 players against UC.So am wondering if they only play 6 players ,do they really have a bench or relying on those 3 players and just hoping the other two are solid.As for going to Middleton.Better get ready or practice in your gym now in 100 degree temperature.With all the cold we have had,can promise you when you get to the small gym in middleton,you arent going to need a coat or jacket.

Is Gibson really that good? Well, were not too shabby I wouldn't say. Just take a quick glance at our schedule. Everyone on the floor can shoot the three. We have some studs in the freshman and sophomore classes. I think we are a year away from really being serious about a state championship, but I think we are definitely capable of being in Murfreesboro this year. We are not as good as Union City, but we are the second best team in this district and region. We don't have much of a bench, 6 players sounds about right. Our first 5 are pretty stinkin good though, especially for us to be as young as we are. Tonight will be an interesting game. We will have to play much better than we did against Greenfield.

Union city wins by 13. They came out of the gates and punched gc in the mouth. Went up by as many as 23 I believe. Gc made a run in 2nd half and cut it to 5 pts in the 4th. Union city is just the better team. Had the holt girl not fouled out it may have really gotten interesting. Congrats union city. That's as physical a girls basketball team as I've ever saw.

Is Gibson really that good? Well, were not too shabby I wouldn't say. Just take a quick glance at our schedule. Everyone on the floor can shoot the three. We have some studs in the freshman and sophomore classes. I think we are a year away from really being serious about a state championship, but I think we are definitely capable of being in Murfreesboro this year. We are not as good as Union City, but we are the second best team in this district and region. We don't have much of a bench, 6 players sounds about right. Our first 5 are pretty stinkin good though, especially for us to be as young as we are. Tonight will be an interesting game. We will have to play much better than we did against Greenfield.

Was at the game tonight and really liked number 12 and number 4 for Gibson Co.I had a feeling that number 12 may be the best player on the year and probably scores at will against teams with smaller girls.Just thought the size of UC hurt her a litle.Really like number 4.Very fast and not afraid to take it to the basket.I think shes a sophomore.Gibson Co will be tough next year with 3 returning players and I guess number 21 will fill the other 4th spot.And maybe the bigger girl that came off the bench for about a minute.So I'm thinking about 4 good players and 1 role player.Will be tough and probably be the team to beat in the district next year as I believe the district as a whole will be down.But I think what will hurt will be when they maybe play a very tough team and a couple players foul out.Could be trouble unless GC has someone move in or a younger girl maybe coming up from middle school

Was at the game tonight and really liked number 12 and number 4 for Gibson Co.I had a feeling that number 12 may be the best player on the year and probably scores at will against teams with smaller girls.Just thought the size of UC hurt her a litle.Really like number 4.Very fast and not afraid to take it to the basket.I think shes a sophomore.Gibson Co will be tough next year with 3 returning players and I guess number 21 will fill the other 4th spot.And maybe the bigger girl that came off the bench for about a minute.So I'm thinking about 4 good players and 1 role player.Will be tough and probably be the team to beat in the district next year as I believe the district as a whole will be down.But I think what will hurt will be when they maybe play a very tough team and a couple players foul out.Could be trouble unless GC has someone move in or a younger girl maybe coming up from middle school

Ill go with the latter and say a younger girl coming up in middle school... Actually make that younger girls coming up through middle school. After this year, depth will be no problem for Gibson. Our middle schools are loaded bigster. Expect the next, let's say 10 years, to be the best run you might have seen in Gibson girls basketball. It's going to be an impressive run unless something drastic happens.

Union city wins by 13. They came out of the gates and punched gc in the mouth. Went up by as many as 23 I believe. Gc made a run in 2nd half and cut it to 5 pts in the 4th. Union city is just the better team. Had the holt girl not fouled out it may have really gotten interesting. Congrats union city. That's as physical a girls basketball team as I've ever saw.

Very encouraging to see Holt play well, because she didn't against Greenfield. IMO, we need a dominant low post like Heather Griffin to make a strong tourney run. Our depth is a little low , but we won the title in 2009 and 2010 with primarily 5 players with 1 or 2 bench players both years. We need to learn to be more physical on the boards as well. UC is very physical and GC is going to have to learn to be the one that pushes instead of the one that gets pushed. Watched Dyersburg Westview tonight and I have never in my life seen a team that gets away with more pushing and shoving than Dyersburg.

Ill go with the latter and say a younger girl coming up in middle school... Actually make that younger girls coming up through middle school. After this year, depth will be no problem for Gibson. Our middle schools are loaded bigster. Expect the next, let's say 10 years, to be the best run you might have seen in Gibson girls basketball. It's going to be an impressive run unless something drastic happens.

Good to hear that GC. Glad to hear Holt played well tonight. I didn't make the game. I went to the AA games in Alamo, How dis the game go in your opinion?