District 14a Tourney

westtnsportsfan

Was at the game tonight and really liked number 12 and number 4 for Gibson Co.I had a feeling that number 12 may be the best player on the year and probably scores at will against teams with smaller girls.Just thought the size of UC hurt her a litle.Really like number 4.Very fast and not afraid to take it to the basket.I think shes a sophomore.Gibson Co will be tough next year with 3 returning players and I guess number 21 will fill the other 4th spot.And maybe the bigger girl that came off the bench for about a minute.So I'm thinking about 4 good players and 1 role player.Will be tough and probably be the team to beat in the district next year as I believe the district as a whole will be down.But I think what will hurt will be when they maybe play a very tough team and a couple players foul out.Could be trouble unless GC has someone move in or a younger girl maybe coming up from middle school

21 is a freshman and the big girl that came in is a freshman. I would say next year the tall girl that came in and that busted her nose and never returned will most likely start next year. She has a good shot. They both deal with confidence right now it seems but 21 will get after you on defense and is not scared of contact. 4 I believe will be the best to come through since Heather Butler. And she has a possibility to go bigger than UTM with her athletic ability. She is a consistent jump shot away from being big time in my opinion. We will play juniors and sophomores with a few freshman coming up likely to get some playing time.

Good to hear that GC. Glad to hear Holt played well tonight. I didn't make the game. I went to the AA games in Alamo, How dis the game go in your opinion?

Didn't go, was in another gym tonight... Union City is tough as everyone already knows. If we don't win a gold ball this year, I'd like to see Union City win it. They have good players with good attitudes.

I like it when any of our North-West corner teams win it, girls and boys. We have a high level of basketball over here in the corner, sort of like football does in the East.

I believe this is UC's year and anything short of a championship, or a championship appearance, will probably be pretty disappointing. They have skill, size, attitude, and leadership. I look forward to watching GC the next few years, I got a feeling GC is fixing to go on a several year run as well.

Good luck in the Region!

21 is a freshman and the big girl that came in is a freshman. I would say next year the tall girl that came in and that busted her nose and never returned will most likely start next year. She has a good shot. They both deal with confidence right now it seems but 21 will get after you on defense and is not scared of contact. 4 I believe will be the best to come through since Heather Butler. And she has a possibility to go bigger than UTM with her athletic ability. She is a consistent jump shot away from being big time in my opinion. We will play juniors and sophomores with a few freshman coming up likely to get some playing time.

I agree with you.I like number 4 better than anyone I saw on the Gibson co team.A ton of talent.Enjoyed watching her.I told a friend of mine last night if Gibson co had one of the big girls from Union city , things may have gone different last night.Union city just has so many big girls.Dont see a Single a team with that many on a team that all can play.

I agree with you.I like number 4 better than anyone I saw on the Gibson co team.A ton of talent.Enjoyed watching her.I told a friend of mine last night if Gibson co had one of the big girls from Union city , things may have gone different last night.Union city just has so many big girls.Dont see a Single a team with that many on a team that all can play.

Yes she is very gifted. #3 will be a stud as well and she can't shoot it now. Didn't hit any last night but she if normally money. She doesn't shoot enough if you ask me. And #23 & 21 are freshman that of improve as much between freshman and sophomore years as 4 &3 watch out. It could get real at BO BOOTH gymnasium the next few years.

Woah slow down!!! To say Bri Fields is gonna be better than Heather Butler is too high of expections. Yes, Bri is good for a sophmore, and she is gonna continue to get better, but she still is raw and still disappears for long stretches. She has D1 potential, yes but its up to her and how hard she is willing to work to be the best. And Gibson County could seriously reel off a few state championships with all the underclassmen coming back. After this year, its gonna be them and Bradford at the top of 14A as UC will have a bit of a down period.

Woah slow down!!! To say Bri Fields is gonna be better than Heather Butler is too high of expections. Yes, Bri is good for a sophmore, and she is gonna continue to get better, but she still is raw and still disappears for long stretches. She has D1 potential, yes but its up to her and how hard she is willing to work to be the best. And Gibson County could seriously reel off a few state championships with all the underclassmen coming back. After this year, its gonna be them and Bradford at the top of 14A as UC will have a bit of a down period.

Lol not at all saying that she will be better. Sorry if that's how it sounded. What I was saying is that bri has potential to go to a bigger school that utm based on her athleticism. She is crazy athletic and can take games over without really having a jump shot or a consistent left hand. If she gets those watch out. Heather butler is a few inches away from being at any school in the country she wants to be if you ask me. And I would say she has made a few people second guess themselves with the numbers she has put up at UTM.

I do agree. It is completely up to her on how good she really wants to be. The sky is the limit for her. If she grows and gets an outside shot, she's going to be big time! The thing about Heather is she lived in the gym 24/7. If Bri works on her game, she could leave a legacy behind at Gibson similar to that of Butler. It's all about work ethic. The potential to be GREAT is there for her....