Region 7A Tournament

GCPioneer

Yea GC had a great season with a lot of youth on that team..I think. Dresden just played lights out and congrats to those girls..But man..GC Is gonna be so scary good next year and their time will come at the glass house next year..Good job and congrats on a great season..Maybe UC will take care of business to tomorrow night.

Dresden will be loaded again next year as well. They only have two seniors on the team, McAlpin & Garner.

Edited by dtownfan364

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City was without their point guard in the state after she tore her ACL in the tournaments....UC is going to be a tough out, no matter who it is....Good Luck vs Dresden....

I am aware Amber Fair did not play and i'm also aware that she played the year before when Jackson County beat them in the semi's.  Fair is a very good player no doubt and she will help UC but until UC can prove on the floor they can beat Jackson County they will not win the Gold ball.  This year is their best chance to do that because this year Jackson County is without their star point guard so maybe the tables will turn, we shall see.

Union City was without their point guard in the state after she tore her ACL in the tournaments....UC is going to be a tough out, no matter who it is....Good Luck vs Dresden....

Purple, Where you been for so long, jumping on the UC bandwagon now I see? Never could get you to post on the girls board back a few years ago when UC girls were down. All I remember were box scores on your every post of MJ Brown in those years.

You must not have been at the game last night because Union City is very beatable. I was very disappointed in the Union City team. Of course they may have had a bad night but Greenfield had them on the ropes with 5 minutes to go and the score 35-33, Union City looked shook. It all worked out for UC but they didn't look like #1 team in the state.

Wait til you run into Jackson County and Clark Range back to back at Murfreesboro. Union City has only been tested 3 or 4 games all year and they wont be ready for those two teams. If UC plays like that and Dresden plays like last night then Union City will be going to Middleton which ain't good for either team. Good luck to Dresden & Union City, they both deserve to be moving on.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Nice win by Dresden.... You guys sliced and diced our defense all night, shot the ball well, rebounded well and performed like you guys wanted to win. Tough loss for Gibson but tomorrow is a new day.... Good luck to Dresden in the region championship and substate. If you guys play and shoot like you did tonight, you're very capable of making it to Murfreesboro. The PG is a stud! She created offense all night or you guys and the other guard killed us by getting to the basket when she wanted. Great season by our girls and we will be back next year just as strong!

GC I know you say we will back next year just as strong. It seems like every year we lose a girl or two in the offseason for whatever reason that could have really mattered. Losing Nicole Johnson was big for GC. It would have been nice to have her last night. But let's look at next year. Fields going to be your point or Lannom or both? Then you have White on the low block and Smithson at 2 or 3? The other tall girl that comes off the bench I am sure will see more playing time. But, I know you have said after this year we will start a major run. Do we have any current players on the bench you are predicting to do well? What 8th graders do you project to come in and make an impact? I hope we can become 8-10 deep. Even when we won the state the two years, we weren't tremendously deep.

Purple, Where you been for so long, jumping on the UC bandwagon now I see? Never could get you to post on the girls board back a few years ago when UC girls were down. All I remember were box scores on your every post of MJ Brown in those years.

You must not have been at the game last night because Union City is very beatable. I was very disappointed in the Union City team. Of course they may have had a bad night but Greenfield had them on the ropes with 5 minutes to go and the score 35-33, Union City looked shook. It all worked out for UC but they didn't look like #1 team in the state.

Wait til you run into Jackson County and Clark Range back to back at Murfreesboro. Union City has only been tested 3 or 4 games all year and they wont be ready for those two teams. If UC plays like that and Dresden plays like last night then Union City will be going to Middleton which ain't good for either team. Good luck to Dresden & Union City, they both deserve to be moving on.

The key wood here is HAD!..UC had a off game in the second half and Greenfield pulled within 2..But like good teams always do..They came out with that W..And thats all that matters..UC will take care of business tomorrow night and we will see 7a in the glass house. .Unlike Greenfield because they will be sitting at home thinking about what coulda been.

This misconception about Union City's schedule is frustrating really...Union City can't do anything about the other teams in their district, they HAVE to play them....The only decent teams were us, Gibson Co and G-field....Suitor did do something about his out-of-district schedule though...UC has beaten a 23-win Westview team twice,a 25-win Dyer County team, a 22-win Boyd Co.,KY team , a 21-win Paducah Tighlman,KY team (who owns wins over Dyersburg +3,Middleton +8 and Dresden +12), a 23-win Livingston Acd team, a 20-win Lipscomb team and 28-win Gibson County team 3 times....

Greenfield shook Union City up so bad they ended up winning by 11 points....That's what the good teams do.They respond to the other team's runs...UC has had the bulls-eye on their backs all year and have been getting everyone's best shot....Everybody wants to be the "one" on UC's loss column...That's pressure in itself right there...

It must bite to have to live vicariously through another team...Why don't you just take off the old Black and Orange, Gfieldfan and get some Blue and White and just become a JC fan....And all the garbage about wishing UC luck and being "disappointed" by UC ??...Come on man !!!...You don't give two rips about Union City and never have....SMH....And btw, I haven't seen you posting much on either the boys or girls side in awhile....

GC I know you say we will back next year just as strong. It seems like every year we lose a girl or two in the offseason for whatever reason that could have really mattered. Losing Nicole Johnson was big for GC. It would have been nice to have her last night. But let's look at next year. Fields going to be your point or Lannom or both? Then you have White on the low block and Smithson at 2 or 3? The other tall girl that comes off the bench I am sure will see more playing time. But, I know you have said after this year we will start a major run. Do we have any current players on the bench you are predicting to do well? What 8th graders do you project to come in and make an impact? I hope we can become 8-10 deep. Even when we won the state the two years, we weren't tremendously deep.

Nacole was a HUGE loss this year when she quit before the season started. We had to do a "PG by committee" this year instead of having a true PG on the floor. In my opinion, had she played this year, I would've guaranteed a run to the 'boro this year, but it is what it is.

So let's look at next year:

We lose Cara Beth Holt and Sara Beth Mullins...

The starters we have returning are Erin Lannom, Bri Fields, and Justyce White.

In my opinion, I see Allie Smithson and Mackenna Upchurch filling in those 2 starting spots.

I also think that Serena Roach will get playing time as a sophomore. She has a lot to work on, but could be a very good back up to Justyce if she works hard in the off season.

As for upcoming freshman...

Madison Baird will be up there next year and could very well see playing time as a sub. She's going to be a good one for the next 4 years at Gibson. There are also some other good freshman coming in, but not sure they will be able to contribute immediately.

What I'm looking forward to is this 7th grade class. Rutherford is stacked with kids all in the 7th grade class. Also, Dyer has some really good 7th graders as well. Spring Hill/Yorkville has some kids that will be very solid as well. I honestly wished they would combine all of the middle school teams together as one, which would make A LOT OF SENSE!, but it will never happen because parents will get mad that their kid isn't getting to play.