Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

I'm hearing we will know tomorrow!!! Honestly this is getting dumber by the second. I've decided that the powers that be are a bunch of idiots!!! Have the testicular fortitude to make a decision and live with it. All your doing is hurting the kids.

I don't blame the whole team, QB club and community if they go to Murray or anywhere else. 

1. I think Keith and Chad Hodge have done an excellent job. 

2. I will support the program and the kids regardless of who they hire.

3. Let's be honest, the reason that Dresden has been competitive year in and year out is because of the reclassification.  Going from 2A (which is now a mixture of 2A and 3A) to 1A is the single most decisive factor. 

4. Does anyone know who is responsible for the reclassification?  It just so happens to be the TSSAA.  Funny, one of the idiots with no testicular fortitude, is on that board so maybe we should thank him for helping to make us competitive again.

5. The other 2 idiots with no testicular fortitude have 4 State Championships between the two of them. 

6. Maybe we should trust the 3 'powers that be', because they obviously know what it takes to be a winning coach.  They are more than adequately qualified to make a good decision regarding a coaching change.

7. Before we resort to name-calling, let's count the years of experience any of you have in education. 

8.  I think it is perfectly acceptable for the 'powers that be' to hire a coach on their time schedule and not yours.

1. I think Keith and Chad Hodge have done an excellent job. 

2. I will support the program and the kids regardless of who they hire.

3. Let's be honest, the reason that Dresden has been competitive year in and year out is because of the reclassification.  Going from 2A (which is now a mixture of 2A and 3A) to 1A is the single most decisive factor. 

4. Does anyone know who is responsible for the reclassification?  It just so happens to be the TSSAA.  Funny, one of the idiots with no testicular fortitude, is on that board so maybe we should thank him for helping to make us competitive again.

5. The other 2 idiots with no testicular fortitude have 4 State Championships between the two of them. 

6. Maybe we should trust the 3 'powers that be', because they obviously know what it takes to be a winning coach.  They are more than adequately qualified to make a good decision regarding a coaching change.

7. Before we resort to name-calling, let's count the years of experience any of you have in education. 

8.  I think it is perfectly acceptable for the 'powers that be' to hire a coach on their time schedule and not yours.

Well Said.

Diesel, you are right on giving the administration time but 8 weeks is a bit much, but going back to your classification thing, Dresden has been in 2A not 1A every year the Hodge brothers have been there except this past fall.  They actually won more playoff games and had more success in 2A so the classification thing isn't a good argument on success.

I think that everyone is anxious to see who the next coach will be.  I don't know who all has been interviewed but this is a month after the applications were do.  Six weeks since Keith has announced that he took the Murray job.  A month and half of no coach head coach in high school football is a long time.  And it appears that there seems to be no end in sight for a decision.  Everyone keeps saying tomorrow eventually someone will be right.  Just when will it be the right tomorrow.  

Diesel, you are right on giving the administration time but 8 weeks is a bit much, but going back to your classification thing, Dresden has been in 2A not 1A every year the Hodge brothers have been there except this past fall.  They actually won more playoff games and had more success in 2A so the classification thing isn't a good argument on success.

You are right, Dresden has been in 1A/2A since this reclassification.  However, in the NEW reclassification, there are now 6 classes.  In the past, when Dresden was in 2A, there were only 5 classifications.  2A back then (pre-reclassification) is a mixture of 2A and 3A now.  Basically, Dresden went from being the smallest school in 2A from 1999-2008 to one of the largest 1A/2A schools from 2009-present.  You tell me, do you have a better chance of success as one of the larger schools or smaller schools in a classification?  So, the classification 'thing' is a pretty good argument.

I understand your argument, but to be honest Dresden was one of the smallest 2A schools in the state the years the Hodge brothers have been there (not one of the biggest or even close) and now they are probably in the top 5 biggest 1A schools.  Dresden's classification has never seemed to hurt or help them.  It boils down to 2 things:  coaching and talent

Go back to pre-Hodge times and look at how often Dresden beat the following teams:  Westview, Peabody, Humboldt, McKenzie, Bruceton, Union City and then compare those teams to when the Hodge brothers coached against them.  I bet the records will flip-flop.  That comparison is fair.

Edited by FootballFan1970

You can talk about reclassification, records, etc. but the bottom line is the Hodge brothers brought something back (or may have even started)  to the Dresden football program.  Dresden had suffered for many years to win football games and then these two young coaches come on board and bring an unbelievable work ethic and attitude with them.  They created excitement within the program and the community.  They did things differently than in the past.  Their passion and desire to be a winner carried over to their players.  They did not have more talented players than past coaches.  They just brought out the best in the players they had which is something that had not been done in years.  I just want to see the same out of the next coach.

The first thing I said in my original post is that Keith and Chad Hodge have done an excellent job.  I don't have an agenda; I am just stating the facts and some of my opinions.  If you want to compare Dresden's schedule from when they were in 2A (before the reclassification) to Dresden's schedule the past 5 years and tell me which is tougher, please do so.  Since you are talking about talent, let's compare our opposing teams talent then and now. 

I will start with your beloved Huntingdon Mustangs: Chris Donald - Tennessee Division 1, Boo Weathers - Carson Newman just to name two.  In current years, however, you have the Warbrittons who are great players but are at UTM playing in intermural sports.

Westview: Justin Harrell - Tennessee and NFL, Rafeal Hill - Austin Peay?, Marqui Guy - UTM just to name a few.  I current years, however, no one.

Trenton Peabody: hard to compare because Dresden has only played them twice in recent years. 

Humbolt: E.J. Epperson - Ole Miss starting fullback, Adriene Donald - Memphis?.  In recent years, however, Nick McLilly?

McKenzie: Drew Hayes - Mr. Football/Pro. pitcher, Derek Carr - All time leading passer at UTM.  In recent years, however, no one.

Bruceton: Dresden did not start playing them again until 2009.  But which Bruceton teams have been better?  The teams from the 90's or their present teams?

Union City: Mario Makelrath (sp?)- look up his stats, Lucas Ingram-UTM, Goodwrich (sp?) brothers-MTSU just to name a few.  In recent years, however, I honestly don't know.

Dresden replaced Milan with Gleason.  I could tell you about all of the players from Milan who have gone on from those earlier teams, but we would be here a while.  How many from Gleason, West Carroll and Bruceton?

The records may flip-flop but the competition is nowhere near the same.  Especially, when you go from playing 2A/3A teams each week to playing a few of those teams but replacing most of them with Gleason, West Carroll and Bruceton.  (3 basically guaranteed wins)

With all of that said, my post was not and never will be about the Hodges.  I genuinely believe they are outstanding coaches.  My point is that the reclassification is a large part of Dresden's recent success. 

You are right, Dresden has been in 1A/2A since this reclassification.  However, in the NEW reclassification, there are now 6 classes.  In the past, when Dresden was in 2A, there were only 5 classifications.  2A back then (pre-reclassification) is a mixture of 2A and 3A now.  Basically, Dresden went from being the smallest school in 2A from 1999-2008 to one of the largest 1A/2A schools from 2009-present.  You tell me, do you have a better chance of success as one of the larger schools or smaller schools in a classification?  So, the classification 'thing' is a pretty good argument.

Look at who was in that district

Milan, Westview, Huntingdon, Trenton, Humboldt, 

That was a stacked district to start off

The first thing I said in my original post is that Keith and Chad Hodge have done an excellent job.  I don't have an agenda; I am just stating the facts and some of my opinions.  If you want to compare Dresden's schedule from when they were in 2A (before the reclassification) to Dresden's schedule the past 5 years and tell me which is tougher, please do so.  Since you are talking about talent, let's compare our opposing teams talent then and now. 

I will start with your beloved Huntingdon Mustangs: Chris Donald - Tennessee Division 1, Boo Weathers - Carson Newman just to name two.  In current years, however, you have the Warbrittons who are great players but are at UTM playing in intermural sports.

Westview: Justin Harrell - Tennessee and NFL, Rafeal Hill - Austin Peay?, Marqui Guy - UTM just to name a few.  I current years, however, no one.

Trenton Peabody: hard to compare because Dresden has only played them twice in recent years. 

Humbolt: E.J. Epperson - Ole Miss starting fullback, Adriene Donald - Memphis?.  In recent years, however, Nick McLilly?

McKenzie: Drew Hayes - Mr. Football/Pro. pitcher, Derek Carr - All time leading passer at UTM.  In recent years, however, no one.

Bruceton: Dresden did not start playing them again until 2009.  But which Bruceton teams have been better?  The teams from the 90's or their present teams?

Union City: Mario Makelrath (sp?)- look up his stats, Lucas Ingram-UTM, Goodwrich (sp?) brothers-MTSU just to name a few.  In recent years, however, I honestly don't know.

Dresden replaced Milan with Gleason.  I could tell you about all of the players from Milan who have gone on from those earlier teams, but we would be here a while.  How many from Gleason, West Carroll and Bruceton?

The records may flip-flop but the competition is nowhere near the same.  Especially, when you go from playing 2A/3A teams each week to playing a few of those teams but replacing most of them with Gleason, West Carroll and Bruceton.  (3 basically guaranteed wins)

With all of that said, my post was not and never will be about the Hodges.  I genuinely believe they are outstanding coaches.  My point is that the reclassification is a large part of Dresden's recent success. 

It's all relative.  Consistency and being competitive is the key to any program's success. Coaching becomes more of a factor when talent is down or if you have some injuries.  There's also alittle bit of luck involved.  The kids still have to go out there and play.  They deserve just as much credit as coaches do.  Some people on here just don't like Dresden, never have, never will so they say whatever to try to hold Dresden down.  Bottom line is they are playing well consistently now so they hard to beat.  I could be wrong, but nobody they play lines up against them and knows they will win.  Really that's why it's critical to hopefully hire the right coach to keep that excitement going and being competitive every year.  Thats really all you can ask for.

It's all relative.  Consistency and being competitive is the key to any program's success. Coaching becomes more of a factor when talent is down or if you have some injuries.  There's also alittle bit of luck involved.  The kids still have to go out there and play.  They deserve just as much credit as coaches do.  Some people on here just don't like Dresden, never have, never will so they say whatever to try to hold Dresden down.  Bottom line is they are playing well consistently now so they hard to beat.  I could be wrong, but nobody they play lines up against them and knows they will win.  Really that's why it's critical to hopefully hire the right coach to keep that excitement going and being competitive every year.  Thats really all you can ask for.

Very Well said on what seems to be a controversial subject