Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

Its amazing to me that this guy talks about the powers that be and their state championships. Highly doubt that winning in girls basketball makes for a expert in picking a football coach. Didn't he also pick the AG teacher at Gleason? How'd that work out? Granted Kelly won in baseball but let's be realistic here, if I had , Jeff Parker, Peanut Winn, Popeye Jones, Daron Williams and the others in that group I could've coached them to a lacrosse or hockey championship with their talent. If it wasn't for a knee injury and a pitiful ref that group could've won 3 championships that year. I'm sure they will pick whomever they think will be best and hopefully he will. They better hope the "posse" continues to support the team cause if they don't who will mow the field, pressure wash the bleachers, cook for the fundraisers, clean the fieldhouse and weight room? Maybe diesel will do it.

I plan on this being my last post because my intentions were never to cause dissention, but I need to ask a few questions and make a few observations before I go.

1. Select55 and ysoangry, why ARE you so angry?
  2. I don’t guess you read when I said I was obviously kidding about the Lion Posse.  I think that they have brought a great atmosphere of support to the program.  I’m sure the players and the community appreciate all that the Lions Posse has done.  By the way, what is the initiation fee to be one of your coveted members?  Is there any hazing?  I’m still trying to figure out some new, Greek letters that might be a good fit for you. Ha!  Again, I’m kidding.   
  3. Apparently, you have a problem with our administration.  Other than not hiring a football coach on your time schedule, what have they done that is so terrible?  From where I’m standing, they are fantastic role models for this community and wonderful family men.
  4. I am slightly confused, so please correct me if I misinterpreted this.  Select55 says that we could have all of the talent in the world, but without a good coach it’s not going to happen.  Then, ysoangry basically says that anyone could have coached and won a State Championship with the talent on Kelley’s baseball team.  So, which is it?  Is it a good coach or talent?
  5. I would think that winning a State Championship in any sport would be spectacular.  Tell me, how many have any of you won?  It seems that you feel you are better qualified to hire a teacher and a coach than the people who have actually been in the education and coaching field for 20+ years.
  6. Duckman38201, are you realistically trying to compare McKenzie’s teams from the last 2 years to their teams from the 9 to 10 years before that?  In my previous post, I was referring to the fact that we replaced Milan with Gleason, and if you are trying to put those two teams on the same level talent wise, I can't even entertain that thought.      
  7. We can all disagree, but at the end of the day, this is about the kids.  Are we going to support the program and the kids regardless of who is hired?  Community members and parents bashing the administration and a new coach will tear our great program down quicker than anything.  The kids will respond to any coach who is supported by everyone 100%.  With as much work and effort as you have put into this program, are you really going to quit on it if someone is hired that you didn’t agree with?  You act like the administration caused all of this mess, but they didn’t want Keith Hodge to leave.  He just had to do what was best for him and his family.  So why don’t we all sit back and support the administration, the kids, and the new coach (whoever it may be.)  I know that I will always support them.
  8. This will be my last novel.  Goodnight.

The only problem I have with the administration is they tend to play the good ole boy game. Hodge slid into Dresden with no ties whatsoever and its the best thing to happen to Dresden football. The Dresden teams in the past had as much or more talent than any in the past five years but when kids can miss practices and lifts for hair appointments you will go 1 and 29 in a three year period. If their problem with Chad is his antics watch Chuck during a girls basketball game.

The incoming freshmen and last years freshmen have as much talent as any team in Dresden history but some of the "key" players are already slacking because talent trumps work ethic in their eyes.

As people I have no issues with the administration I know them all and they are good God fearing men. To me, we are to the point that it looks like they have no clue what they are doing. If you have 30 candidates for the job pick one and let him get to work.

As far as the Lion Posse is concerned its not that hard to join this club but we do have a secret initiation. Our lone requirement is while at a football game you are required to stand up and cheer for our team. Football games are not the time for social hour and discuss who is sleeping with who around town.

I'm really not angry, I'm proud my son had four years with Keith and Chad and is probably one of if not the winningest four year team in Dresden history.

Good luck Lions!!

The only problem I have with the administration is they tend to play the good ole boy game. Hodge slid into Dresden with no ties whatsoever and its the best thing to happen to Dresden football. The Dresden teams in the past had as much or more talent than any in the past five years but when kids can miss practices and lifts for hair appointments you will go 1 and 29 in a three year period. If their problem with Chad is his antics watch Chuck during a girls basketball game.

The incoming freshmen and last years freshmen have as much talent as any team in Dresden history but some of the "key" players are already slacking because talent trumps work ethic in their eyes.

As people I have no issues with the administration I know them all and they are good God fearing men. To me, we are to the point that it looks like they have no clue what they are doing. If you have 30 candidates for the job pick one and let him get to work.

As far as the Lion Posse is concerned its not that hard to join this club but we do have a secret initiation. Our lone requirement is while at a football game you are required to stand up and cheer for our team. Football games are not the time for social hour and discuss who is sleeping with who around town.

I'm really not angry, I'm proud my son had four years with Keith and Chad and is probably one of if not the winningest four year team in Dresden history.

Good luck Lions!!

Funny you mentioned Chucks antics, I heard some fans from another school one night refer to him as Radio, If you seen the movie you will know what they mean=)

You like myself are old enough to remember Chuck back in the 80's when he was the boys coach. Big was of chew in his mouth with dip spit flying everywhere when he yelled at his players. I was also told by a former Gleason player that she was told who she could date and what time she had to be home by her basketball coach. If she wanted to play he was pretty much her parent. I'm not saying chad telling Huntingdon they were #1 was smart but give the guy a chance. Randy and Chuck both calmed down (to an extent). But bottom line is pick someone !!!!

Its amazing to me that this guy talks about the powers that be and their state championships. Highly doubt that winning in girls basketball makes for a expert in picking a football coach. Didn't he also pick the AG teacher at Gleason? How'd that work out? Granted Kelly won in baseball but let's be realistic here, if I had , Jeff Parker, Peanut Winn, Popeye Jones, Daron Williams and the others in that group I could've coached them to a lacrosse or hockey championship with their talent. If it wasn't for a knee injury and a pitiful ref that group could've won 3 championships that year. I'm sure they will pick whomever they think will be best and hopefully he will. They better hope the "posse" continues to support the team cause if they don't who will mow the field, pressure wash the bleachers, cook for the fundraisers, clean the fieldhouse and weight room? Maybe diesel will do it.

I recommend Butchie and Duckman to mow the field, pressure wash the bleachers, cook for the fundraisers, clean the Fieldhouse and weight room

The thing about hiring someone with a spotted past with sideline antics is that you are sticking your neck out.  If it was one time, maybe.  If it was two, maybe, but after that you have to assume some things will not change.  If Chuck or Randy had ever flipped off a crowd, threw a flag, been suspended or anything like that they would of been fired on the spot.  The funny thing about success is that many people tend to overlook that you are molding the future and will sacrifice things they know are wrong for winning,  I promise you this if Dresden had been losing during all these issues it would be no question that they wouldn't stand for it.  I know I am going to anger some people, but that is my opinion.  There are plenty of good coaches, teachers, and role models out there and Chuck and Randy will be sure and find one that fits.