Public School Baseball in Chattanooga

Pounder1

What do the district standings look like now? Central, Hixson, Tyner and Red Bank all look to be really similar teams except for the fact that Tyner throws their best kid like 2-3 times each week. I have seen this kid twice and he has exceptional stuff but they are killing him pitching him 100 plus pitches 2-3 times a week. That kid's parents need to come down on whoever is allowing that to happen.

Edited by Gut Bombs

What do the district standings look like now? Central, Hixson, Tyner and Red Bank all look to be really similar teams except for the fact that Tyner throws their best kid like 2-3 times each week. I have seen this kid twice and he has exceptional stuff but they are killing him pitching him 100 plus pitches 2-3 times a week. That kid's parents need to come down on whoever is allowing that to happen.

I think Hixson may be the better of the teams because of their depth in pitching, but Tyner definitely has the ace in the group and will be tough to beat. Red Bank is a little snake bit but could be tough come playoff time. Central is getting better and better every week and could win it as well come playoff time, so it will all depend who is hot first week of May for sure!

Have you seen that ace at Tyner? The kid is good from what I saw but that coach needs to be educated on how much is too much for a kid. Im afraid they are putting his future in jeopardy with pitching the kid complete games 2-3 times per week. I'm an old pitcher myself and I can tell you from experience. Those days of throwing 2-3 times per week is bad for kids. They will be like me one day and do good to play catch with their own kids. Its ashame. Someone please educate that bunch over there.

Have you seen that ace at Tyner? The kid is good from what I saw but that coach needs to be educated on how much is too much for a kid. Im afraid they are putting his future in jeopardy with pitching the kid complete games 2-3 times per week. I'm an old pitcher myself and I can tell you from experience. Those days of throwing 2-3 times per week is bad for kids. They will be like me one day and do good to play catch with their own kids. Its ashame. Someone please educate that bunch over there.

Butler is very good...and maybe you just saw him twice in one week because Chae has only threw 37 Innings this year so far which is about the norm for everyone's #1...also his best pitch is the change up which takes less tear on the arm than the curve and slider....for me he is the best pitcher in the city IMO

He is doing great at Suwanee. Can't get him out of lineup.

You mean Sewanee? Good...tough place to win at and stay at...good coach...but not a lot of players that can play..very little help financially..not as tough academics wise as 2 or 3 yrs ago..but still tough

Edited by wingman10

Sort of surprised that Bradley Central is 8-2 and leading District 5AAA.  I know Cleveland lost their #1 pitcher before the season started, and it sounds like the Soddy transfer is helping some as Bradley's #2 pitcher.  

Also equally surprised that Walker Valley is in last. They are just two years removed from a State final-four appearance. Are they missing anyone that was supposed to be an impact pitcher or player?

The district seems to be pretty equal this year. East Ham and Soddy are just one game back of Bradley heading into the final week of district play (and East Ham split with Walker Valley).  It will be interesting to see how it all ends up.

Out of curiosity, only one Walker Valley vs. McMinn County game is showing up on the Coach T scoreboard.  Was the other game a rain out?  Has it been made up?  If anyone has the score, please post here.  Thanks,

Region 3AAA

If this one ends in a 3 way tie can anyone advise what the seeding format will be.

I read that they voted an automatic berth into the region if one team won with a 2 game lead but that is not posssible now. Just was wondering how they will play this with seven teams in all and 3 way tie.

This is all in place if Bradley, EH, and Soddy all win tonight!

Region 3AAA

If this one ends in a 3 way tie can anyone advise what the seeding format will be.

I read that they voted an automatic berth into the region if one team won with a 2 game lead but that is not posssible now. Just was wondering how they will play this with seven teams in all and 3 way tie.

This is all in place if Bradley, EH, and Soddy all win tonight!

Good question. If run differential is used to break the tie (and I'm not sure it is), I think the #1 seed will be Bradley, but they will have to beat Ooltewah tonight to stay in the 3 team tie for first. Definitely the toughest matchup of the three games tonight.

Looked up scores and it will still be tied if Bradley, Soddy and EH win.

Bradley and EH run differential is 8-8

Bradley-Soddy  is Bradley- 11-5

Soddy-EH is Soddy -11-7

With an odd number of teams the #1 seed might be crucial if there is a bye.