How Did Goodpasture Drop to Single A?

bobcatfan300

Is the kids at these private schools really that great? Are parents saying that their public school kids are not as good? What's really the debate? I am sure you don't hear this argument when public schools beat a private school? The last time I checked my public school children put their pants on one leg at a time just like the private school kids. It has a lot to do with how kids are raised today and if we give them an excuse to why someone is a better athlete or not. I played highschool football for a public school that was about as redneck as you could of got, but I loved when we were playing the private schools because I had a coach who believed it didn't matter who we were going to play we were there to win and compete. My senior year we got beat by Brentwood Academy who won the state title and we also beat Goodpasture who also won a state title. I would rather play the best competition to make me a better athlete. Just remember it is not always about wins and loses. You don't get better playing horrible competition. We should be telling our athletes it don't matter who you play your going to go out there and compete and believe you have a chance to win. Just because a team has the most talented players don't mean they always win. (ask those major league teams who spend millions and don't make the world series even though they have the best talent) Hard work will beat talent any day if talent refuses to work hard. I say bring on the best and my public school kids will play you anytime and anywhere, because regardless of wins and loses we got better and that's what sports is truly about!!

You hit the nail on the head about the raising thing.If all or even 75 percent of public school kids were taught and expected to give their best ,we wouldn't be having this debate. At our public school ,my kid and a very few others hit the weights and gets to whatever is expected of them on a regular basis.Look at these kids report cards and it will tell you the same story. Private school kids are there for a reason, the parents expect their best and they are with likeminded students.Its alot easier to coach and teach kids who apply themselves.To me,thats the biggest difference in the 2 different types of schools.The only one to really blame is society.We have away to many talented and smart kids who miss the boat. I've said it before but if every kid was applied, the NFL would have completely different rosters.

Is the kids at these private schools really that great? Are parents saying that their public school kids are not as good? What's really the debate? I am sure you don't hear this argument when public schools beat a private school? The last time I checked my public school children put their pants on one leg at a time just like the private school kids. It has a lot to do with how kids are raised today and if we give them an excuse to why someone is a better athlete or not. I played highschool football for a public school that was about as redneck as you could of got, but I loved when we were playing the private schools because I had a coach who believed it didn't matter who we were going to play we were there to win and compete. My senior year we got beat by Brentwood Academy who won the state title and we also beat Goodpasture who also won a state title. I would rather play the best competition to make me a better athlete. Just remember it is not always about wins and loses. You don't get better playing horrible competition. We should be telling our athletes it don't matter who you play your going to go out there and compete and believe you have a chance to win. Just because a team has the most talented players don't mean they always win. (ask those major league teams who spend millions and don't make the world series even though they have the best talent) Hard work will beat talent any day if talent refuses to work hard. I say bring on the best and my public school kids will play you anytime and anywhere, because regardless of wins and loses we got better and that's what sports is truly about!!

Posted Today, 10:03 AM

I have something to also report I found this picture of a Clarkrange parent videoing Goodpasture's semi final game!!!! http://www.google.co...start=0&ndsp=18

This is a lie...if you go to this site it says "Braves" not Buffaloes. Apparently Goodpasture has been caught and TSSAA should suspend them from further play while this is investigated.

Outstanding post by TheDrDre

If you give it a little thought,its not that great. Who is really saying that the public school kids are not as good. Its the private school people or they wouldn't  go out of their way to send their kids to a private school. As far as I'm concerned, my kids are as good as any of um,public or private.All I'm saying is ,as a whole,our student body is not nearly as applied as the private schools.

Also, players can move. The player in question lives in Pickett County. And for the snide remarks about the rural fans, you won't find nicer people than in Pickett County. And check the beautiful homes around the lake. People move from cities all over to get away from the urban mess to live in beautiful places like Pickett County. Some of these Goodpasture fans with their mean spirited comments obviously don't practice Christian principals.

Also, players can move. The player in question lives in Pickett County. And for the snide remarks about the rural fans, you won't find nicer people than in Pickett County. And check the beautiful homes around the lake. People move from cities all over to get away from the urban mess to live in beautiful places like Pickett County. Some of these Goodpasture fans with their mean spirited comments obviously don't practice Christian principals.

If Ihad a house in any urban city and a home in Hades, I'd sell my house and go home.

Are you sure all of the comments are coming from Goodpasture posters? 

I don't see comments from Goodpasture fans.  I see several general comments from posts that don't have any affiliation with Goodpasture.  Why are you trying question the Christian principals of Goodpasture?  Pickett County is gorgeous.  We've vacationed on Dale Hollow Lake.

There are a lot of kids at public schools who do not play sports because there family simply cannot afford for them to play. When I helped coach baseball at RBS the baseball program couldn't afford to pay for things like cleats, gloves, and other necessities for them to be able to play. Also, there is away games when the children have to be fed and there are some parents who just can't afford for them to eat fast food after every away game, many times we would pay for our players to eat in away games because they wouldn't have money. I would say a majority of kids at private schools do not have this problem. Most of the families who have there children attend these private schools can usually afford these simple necessities because...well.... They can fork out thousands of dollars to send their kids to these schools. That is why the percentage of students athletes at a private school is higher that the percentage of student athletes at a small public school. That is my beef with the whole public/private situation. You can't consistently compete with schools who can get a majority of its students to play sports. I always say it's easier to pick 5 talented players from a group of 30 trying out than a groups of 15....

• Upvote 1

Posted Today, 10:03 AM

I have something to also report I found this picture of a Clarkrange parent videoing Goodpasture's semi final game!!!! http://www.google.co...start=0&ndsp=18

This is a lie...if you go to this site it says "Braves" not Buffaloes. Apparently Goodpasture has been caught and TSSAA should suspend them from further play while this is investigated.

Well duh its not real it was a joke. But taking a picture of a guy with a white shirt with jeans filming his child play ball and saying it was a opposing teams parent or coach cheating is blatantly idiotic. People crack me up lol.....