How Did Goodpasture Drop to Single A?

bobcatfan300

Here is a quick fix to please everyone.

Split the state into 3 categories:

1. Privates (Will call this the Elite League due to $$$ and recruiting)- All privates compete against each other and no one else since they are able to offer assistance and that seems to be a thorn in the side of small rural schools.

2. BIG Metro Schools (Will call this the Power league due to sheer size and "Open Enrollment") - All BIG city schools like the ones in Memphis, Knoxville, Chatt, Nashville, etc... compete since they to have found "ways" to get whomever they desire into their schools.

3. Small Rural Schools (Will call this the Backwoods league due to the Camoflouge/Hunting gear worn to most games) - All of your Small Co schools can now compete and beat each other up without making excuses about not being big enough or having enough $$$ to compete.

This way everyone is happy from the Elitist who send their kids to private schools, to the BIG publics who want to see who the baddest on the block is, down to the Small Co. schools who can finally stop whining and complaining about all privates and go back to complaining about Honey Boo - Boo giving them a bad name and re-living their Glory Days of yester year Al Bundy style!

Great port... Funny. Not sure all the private school parents in Memphis consider ourselves "elitist"

And if you think the BIG schools don't recruit or spend $$$....

Edited by DougS

So let me get this straight you are saying Goodpasture Christian School is NOT a christian school?

No I believe what they said were not all private schools are Christian schools! Where did you read he put Goodpasture is not a Christian school, and why are you so against Goodpasture?

Edited by TheDrDre

So let me get this straight you are saying Goodpasture Christian School is NOT a christian school?

You sir, quoted my post. As you can see by my name I am not a supporter of Goodpasture but of Ensworth.  I would imagine that Goodpasture Christian schools is in fact a Christian school, but Ensworth is not.  My post was for people like you who get on here and complain about private schools and all of their recruiting. Here is a little tidbit of info for you, not all privates recruit. Some schools just do not have the means to do it even if they are private. And if all privates do recruit then tell me why there are the likes of MJCA, Hendersonville Chrisitan, Davidson Academy, and so on.  Here is another little tidbit for you, get into a game with some schools from Memphis and realize that they have open enrollement and kids can go where ever they want, or schools in Davidson and Wilson County where if a parent works for the system their kids can go wherever they want. Recruiting happens from all over the spectrum.

No I believe what they said were not all private schools are Christian schools! Where did you read he put Goodpasture is not a Christian school, and why are you so against Goodpasture?

I'm not at all against Goodpasture the gentleman that made the derogatory comments towards the public schools is the issue here. There is no need for that.

Edited by UCSportsFan

You sir, quoted my post. As you can see by my name I am not a supporter of Goodpasture but of Ensworth. I would imagine that Goodpasture Christian schools is in fact a Christian school, but Ensworth is not. My post was for people like you who get on here and complain about private schools and all of their recruiting. Here is a little tidbit of info for you, not all privates recruit. Some schools just do not have the means to do it even if they are private. And if all privates do recruit then tell me why there are the likes of MJCA, Hendersonville Chrisitan, Davidson Academy, and so on. Here is another little tidbit for you, get into a game with some schools from Memphis and realize that they have open enrollement and kids can go where ever they want, or schools in Davidson and Wilson County where if a parent works for the system their kids can go wherever they want. Recruiting happens from all over the spectrum.

Well then that explains it. Since you think of yourself as an intellectual giant where did I complain about Goodpasture? My complaint was directed towards TSSAA not Goodpasture.

Edited by UCSportsFan

Is the kids at these private schools really that great? Are parents saying that their public school kids are not as good? What's really the debate? I am sure you don't hear this argument when public schools beat a private school? The last time I checked my public school children put their pants on one leg at a time just like the private school kids. It has a lot to do with how kids are raised today and if we give them an excuse to why someone is a better athlete or not. I played highschool football for a public school that was about as redneck as you could of got, but I loved when we were playing the private schools because I had a coach who believed it didn't matter who we were going to play we were there to win and compete. My senior year we got beat by Brentwood Academy who won the state title and we also beat Goodpasture who also won a state title. I would rather play the best competition to make me a better athlete. Just remember it is not always about wins and loses. You don't get better playing horrible competition. We should be telling our athletes it don't matter who you play your going to go out there and compete and believe you have a chance to win. Just because a team has the most talented players don't mean they always win. (ask those major league teams who spend millions and don't make the world series even though they have the best talent) Hard work will beat talent any day if talent refuses to work hard. I say bring on the best and my public school kids will play you anytime and anywhere, because regardless of wins and loses we got better and that's what sports is truly about!!