How Did Goodpasture Drop to Single A?

bobcatfan300

"Pickett County, the Edwards kid moved back to PC just to play his senior year at PC.  That is where one of his parents went to school.  he lived and played in Crange HS for 3 years and wanted to go back to PC basically for a chance to win.  That didn't work out too well."

I would say winning 21 games did work out quite well for Taylor and best of all he got to play for Pickett County. Let's see if Clarkrange is within 2 points of Goodpasture with 2 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter like the Bobcats. By the way, while you are knocking PC, their fans that stayed were cheering for Clarkrange last night.

First off I wasn't knocking PC fans. I'm knocking everyone as a whole that is constantly complaining about this private vs public school matter. We are fans of the game that should enjoy watching the game. Me personally I'm glad clarkrange is playing goodpasture and got to play friendship 2 years ago for region. I want them playing the best. I love to watch crange play stone, cchs, end worth, etc. shows what they are made of. And I think a lot of Edwards. He's a heck of a kid. I will never bash him for any decision he made. But to say that switching from a team that went to state to a team that didn't get out of a region is better? Since when does the amount of games being own mean much? I'm sure if you ask him or any kid in the state they want to play in the glass house. Granted crange very well may not make it there but they got a shot still. And within 2 points with a half remaining? What did that accomplish? Yes PC kept it close for a half. Crange very well may not. They may lose by 50. But guess what....they are still guaranteed at least one more game to play. They get to at least go to Chattanooga and possibly have a rematch with Boyd. Who knows what the games hold. But we do know they are still playing. Ask any kid in PC, Monterey, anywhere in region 4 or the state if they would like to know they have 2 games left. I bet they would all say yes. Especially Edwards since this is his last year. I'm not knocking the kids not the school in byrdstown. That's just common sense.

I love to watch crange play stone, cchs, end worth, etc. shows what they are made of. 

Yes. It is fun to watch during the regular season, but I bet if one played them during tourney time, there would be a different answer to that statement after being beat by them each time you play those teams during the tournament(s). 

Edited by CASC95

Is the kids at these private schools really that great? Are parents saying that their public school kids are not as good? What's really the debate? I am sure you don't hear this argument when public schools beat a private school? The last time I checked my public school children put their pants on one leg at a time just like the private school kids. It has a lot to do with how kids are raised today and if we give them an excuse to why someone is a better athlete or not. I played highschool football for a public school that was about as redneck as you could of got, but I loved when we were playing the private schools because I had a coach who believed it didn't matter who we were going to play we were there to win and compete. My senior year we got beat by Brentwood Academy who won the state title and we also beat Goodpasture who also won a state title. I would rather play the best competition to make me a better athlete. Just remember it is not always about wins and loses. You don't get better playing horrible competition. We should be telling our athletes it don't matter who you play your going to go out there and compete and believe you have a chance to win. Just because a team has the most talented players don't mean they always win. (ask those major league teams who spend millions and don't make the world series even though they have the best talent) Hard work will beat talent any day if talent refuses to work hard. I say bring on the best and my public school kids will play you anytime and anywhere, because regardless of wins and loses we got better and that's what sports is truly about!!

I agree with you TheDrDre, that's how Trousdale manhandled Friendship and Goodpasture this year, in fact TC manhandled GP 2 times!!! TC kids are just too tuff for privates.

I am glad you agreed with that post, but how come Satterfield won't play Goodpasture in Baseball, and Softball???

GP recruits better in baseball and softball than any other sport including football, in fact name one GP football player who was tuff enough to play at Trousdale this year, you need to recruit FB the same way you do for BB and SB.

GP recruits better in baseball and softball than any other sport including football, in fact name one GP football player who was tuff enough to play at Trousdale this year, you need to recruit FB the same way you do for BB and SB.

I get it now. So what your saying is if TC can't beat someone you don't schedule them? That teaches the rest of your athletes in those other sports that you have no faith in them. This is the worst example you could teach any athlete. I can hear the coach now sorry but we don't believe in you and you can't compete so we are not going to schedule those schools. Cowardly and very unsportsmanlike!!! I do know this if you ever had a chance to beat a Goodpasture softball team this would of been the year. I hear they have no pitching. I bet those young athletes on TC Basebal and Softball teams would love to play whoever whenever but parents dont believe in them.

Yes. It is fun to watch during the regular season, but I bet if one played them during tourney time, there would be a different answer to that statement after being beat by them each time you play those teams during the tournament(s).

I have watched crange play friendship multiple times in the tourney. I watched them get destroyed 2 years ago in baseball tourney by friendship. I will watch them toniht against goodpasture. Again. Is it fair? Maybe not. I'm not saying it's fair. But it's just the way it is for now. No need in complaining constantly because they are playing a private school. If it's not the private school it's the tougher schools in A if crange makes it to state goodpasture is no better than some if the better teams out west. So in the glass house the competition is the same.

I get it now. So what your saying is if TC can't beat someone you don't schedule them? That teaches the rest of your athletes in those other sports that you have no faith in them. This is the worst example you could teach any athlete. I can hear the coach now sorry but we don't believe in you and you can't compete so we are not going to schedule those schools. Cowardly and very unsportsmanlike!!! I do know this if you ever had a chance to beat a Goodpasture softball team this would of been the year. I hear they have no pitching. I bet those young athletes on TC Basebal and Softball teams would love to play whoever whenever but parents dont believe in them.

Oh, I guarantee they will find a pitcher somewhere before the season starts, the mystery transfer will appear.