Your School's Mt. Rushmore

I agree with your post, Governors91, except I don't believe that WB would have beaten Bearden handily. WB, Bearden and Farragut were all pretty evenly matched that year. They were all state championship caliber football teams.

I think if WB and Bearden were to play 10 times, WB would win around 5 of those meetings.

i say that because WB was a far more dominant football team all year long. Yes, Bearden was 9-1 and WB was 8-2 but bearden had a few close games and had an easier schedule . You also have to consider that WB was 3 points away from a 10-0 season and blew out 6 of the 10 teams they played and they had a tough schedule. I still say WB should have beaten Bearden, but thats just my opinion

At that time of the year, all teams are playing with beat up players.....but if memory serves me correctly, Lail and one of the Walker brothers were playing with pretty bad ankle injuries, with Walkers being the worse of the two.  That is still no excuse for the offense getting shut out.....Bearden came in with a good game plan on their home field and on that particular night, they were just the better team.

It's interesting to compare the '99 and '07 WB teams.  The 99 team beat a 10-3 Maryville squad by 1, while the 07 team lost to a 15-0 state champion Rebels team by 1.  I believe both teams lost to Farragut by 1.  07 team's record was better by 1 game.  If anything leans me to the 99 team it is that they competed very closely in their play-off loss to the eventual state champion Sevier County team, while the 07 team was handled easily by Bearden (who I believe won the next week too, before losing a close game in the state semi-finals).

I don't know, maybe if I get enough time I might break the two teams down in some of the major areas (qb, rb's, receivers, o line, defenses, special teams) and see how they compare.  Any of you familiar with the two teams want to work on that?

At that time of the year, all teams are playing with beat up players.....but if memory serves me correctly, Lail and one of the Walker brothers were playing with pretty bad ankle injuries, with Walkers being the worse of the two. That is still no excuse for the offense getting shut out.....Bearden came in with a good game plan on their home field and on that particular night, they were just the better team.

of course Bearden was the better team that night. But I think anyone who had watched wb any that year would agree that WB was alot better than they played that night. I dont know what the reason for it was... But suffice it to say they played like crap, and that would be putting it lightly... I did hear that Some of the players were playing with the flu that night... I dont know if that is true or not , just what I heard.. It makes sense tho because they did look awful sluggish and having the flu will do that to you. Like i said tho, dont know if its true , thats just what I heard.

It's interesting to compare the '99 and '07 WB teams. The 99 team beat a 10-3 Maryville squad by 1, while the 07 team lost to a 15-0 state champion Rebels team by 1. I believe both teams lost to Farragut by 1. 07 team's record was better by 1 game. If anything leans me to the 99 team it is that they competed very closely in their play-off loss to the eventual state champion Sevier County team, while the 07 team was handled easily by Bearden (who I believe won the next week too, before losing a close game in the state semi-finals).

I don't know, maybe if I get enough time I might break the two teams down in some of the major areas (qb, rb's, receivers, o line, defenses, special teams) and see how they compare. Any of you familiar with the two teams want to work on that?

i think you have to pick the 07 team over the 99 team because they won more games and won the majority of them in a convincing fashion. If you look at the 99 season a lot of those games were close, but the 07 team cruised to victory in 6 of their 8 wins, and still won the other comfortably. Also in '99 Sevier County actually lost a few games, you would have a point if sevier county was undefeated and wb was able to keep it close.

Fellers let me jump inn hear....

Will-Yum Blunt haid a good teem inn 07....Good QB, size and spead inn tha baickfeeled, good size and spead at WR, big ole lines, vurry good LB's, and spead inn tha seccundairy.....'91 a buddee ov mine tolt me thait Will-Yum Blunt wooda beet Beer-Den in tha playofts thait yeer, if'un Beer-Den haidun't let thair grass grow so hi....

ML ewe and me nose thait Sang haz rilly good I-site.....He wuz staindin' direcklee undur tha upprite.....Butt eye wuz unhaipy thait sumbodee missed tha TD thait Clendenen haid on our furst drive and we haid two settull fer tha feeled gole....My camcordur VHS taip planelee shows Clendenen's foot wuz inn....stirthepot.gif

Eye thawt thait W-B wood finnish bettur in '07......Maybee A-R's ontwo sumthin....One thang eye do reemimburr then tho....."Jist weight till Mairvul haz two jump up and play tham "big boys" like Beer-Den, Farrah-Gut, and all tham othur big skools. Thay won't winn enny more Gold......................"...... :popcorneater:

Eye rilly beeleeve Scott Satterfield ort two bee on thair sumwhure....

Edited by STARSNBARS

I know you are trying to be funny but seriously they lost because they played like crap. Why? i don't know... Bearden was really hot and firing on all cylinders and WB had an off night and got hammered. I know all that junk about "if,ands & buts were candy and nuts" but WB should have won that game, its just a fact.

I know you are trying to be funny but seriously they lost because they played like crap. Why? i don't know... Bearden was really hot and firing on all cylinders and WB had an off night and got hammered. I know all that junk about "if,ands & buts were candy and nuts" but WB should have won that game, its just a fact.

Eye am serrius G-91...Thait iz whut eye wuz tolt... :popcorneater:

Eye am serrius G-91...Thait iz whut eye wuz tolt... :popcorneater:

well whoever told you that is a fool... Lol WB just played their worst game of the season at the worst possible time. Nothing went right that night... They couldn't do anything offensively. The biggest thing I noticed was they werent playing physical .. At all... And the line just wasn't getting a push and the running game was nearly non existent as a result. WB had been playing physical and dominating the line of scrimmage all season.

well whoever told you that is a fool... Lol WB just played their worst game of the season at the worst possible time. Nothing went right that night... They couldn't do anything offensively. The biggest thing I noticed was they werent playing physical .. At all... And the line just wasn't getting a push and the running game was nearly non existent as a result. WB had been playing physical and dominating the line of scrimmage all season.

Well tha Good Book tells me two nevur call ennybodee thait werd '91...So eye ant.....

Me and momma haiv this littull thang we do evurtime we goes two Beer-Den......We leeve urlee fer thair tha "all ewe cain eat speshull" att Can-pies Ov Toe-key-o.....Then aftur we git r-u-n-n-o-f-t, eye meen leeve thair, eye go two Nellie Belle and pick up my worr cutters and we go rite upp beehind tha dempster dumpster att tha Can-pies.....Threw sum hunny suckulls and eye snip tha chane lank fense and me and momma slips inn ovur thair inn undur tham big pines att tha Beer-Den Footbawl Feeled on tha fer side........Butt "slippin in" and momma down't go good twogethur...We weight till thait big Bulldawg band starts playin' whilest thair teem comes on tha feeled and thair fans start two barkin' and "slipp in" while'st all tha camoshun iz goin' on.....Usin' this rewteen, our beluved boys frum 825 ere undeefeeted att Beer-Den Hi... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS