Your School's Mt. Rushmore

Hey GovMan...this is off-topic, but I've been looking for an answer to this question for awhile. I went to a WB basketball game this year and loved the player intros with the lights and the smoke and all that. It really seemed to get everyone pumped up for the game. Do you know what song they play for that? I figured you'd be the person to ask!

For starting line ups we do "Right Now" by Van Halen for girls and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica for boys.

For run-out we use "Siver Scrapes" by Danny McCarthy for girls and "300 Violin Orchestra" by Jorge Quintero for boys.

Another run out we used for years was "O Fortuna" ...I first heard it used at a Lady Vols game.

Everett ...

Kenny Coulter

Dan Webb

Kenny Teffeteller

Rick Kenny

Definitely a good group. I did think I might see a girl's basketball representative on the mount - be it a player or a coach? I was a little too young to attend many games at Everett, but wasn't girls hoops big there back in the day?

Albert Davis: best athlete in school history.

David Davis: the shot.

Dawn Marsh: We've never been that good in girls basketball, before or since.

Gary Rankin: the Brian Sommers thing. Whether you agree or disagree with the decision, never met another high school football coach in my life who would make that call.

I mentioned this subject to an old timer and he had 3 of the same names. His fourth was one of the Marsh boys that played hoops. The old timer said the guy was unbelievable in the gym. Anyone remember which Marsh he coulda been talking about? :popcorneater:

Definitely a good group. I did think I might see a girl's basketball representative on the mount - be it a player or a coach? I was a little too young to attend many games at Everett, but wasn't girls hoops big there back in the day?

Would have to go with Sue Thomas...

I mentioned this subject to an old timer and he had 3 of the same names. His fourth was one of the Marsh boys that played hoops. The old timer said the guy was unbelievable in the gym. Anyone remember which Marsh he coulda been talking about? :popcorneater:

My guess is David Marsh

My guess is David Marsh

My guess is that you would be correct ...

David, class of 1967, was once rated the finest defensive player in the history of East Tennessee basketball.  An excellent ball handler and shooter as well, he was named to three straight All - State Tournament teams from 1965 - 67.  In 1967 he was named to the Prep All-American team.  (David Duggan)

Speaking of Alcoa, Duggan would also probably mention Herman Thompson (basketball), Tommy Yates (football), Freddie Marsh (basketball), Jim Riddick (basketball), Ron Pittard (basketball), and Tim George (football) among others.

I guess if we are going to start crossing sports boundaries, at William Blount- Stan Ballard would be one name to throw out there. at 6'3" ish, he had to take on the heavyweights on the Knoxville area. Mike Carpenter (7'2" from Farragut) John Dyslan (7'0" from Webb) and Doug Roth (6'11 from Karns) were the ones he would have to match up with, and he more than held his own against those great players. About the only one that really had his number was Rodney Jones from A-E, but that guy had some game. 

As an aside, basketball in this area was SO GOOD back then. Even Carter (with David Henderlight) was tough. Those guys were monsters.

The Puleo girl in basketball would be a candidate.

....and all of the Alnwick kids that came through that tennis program to make them the unstoppable powerhouse that they are today.