Dresden verses Loretto

ysoangry

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know nothing about our opponent but thought we needed a thread for it.

Who you got? Can Dresden keep the dream season alive?

Loretta played in the Gibson County Christmas Tourney this year as I was hoping to see a GC/Loretta matchup, but they got knocked off by Scotts Hill in the semis. I would say you guys got a respectable draw, but you have to play your A game whoever you draw. It is very different atmosphere in the Glass House. We have been up there in the past and choked it up, went up there and got robbed by officials, and been up there and won championships. Main thing is for teams to stay poised as it is a marathon not a sprint. I will say officiating has gotten better for the most part, but I have seen some terrible officiating in the past. Main thing to not get rattled in the bright lights. Good luck. You guys were stout against my Pioneers. I would say you guys have a good of chance as anyone if you play well.

The more important the game the better Hatchell plays. Acts a lot like Gatlin her big bro. She had 25 last night and even played post a little. Everyone left is stout so the girls need to focus and be ready. I can't wait till Wednesday!! Last time I watched the state tournament it was at vandy and Obion County led by Cannon Whitby won state. Hate to date myself.....

This will be an interesting match up... A very even match up at that. Both teams can shoot it well... both teams are very well coached and both teams are similar in style. This will be a goood one.... I pick the team that hits the most shots ;)

I usually agree with you Pioneer, but you're wrong this time...offense draws the crowds, but defense wins games...team that holds the other to the fewest points takes this one! Seriously, good luck Dresden...I think the chances that you take the gold ball home are very small, but you've got a great shot to win and advance...priceless to the fans and the program...savor every minute, it's a great achievement to be there.

I usually agree with you Pioneer, but you're wrong this time...offense draws the crowds, but defense wins games...team that holds the other to the fewest points takes this one! Seriously, good luck Dresden...I think the chances that you take the gold ball home are very small, but you've got a great shot to win and advance...priceless to the fans and the program...savor every minute, it's a great achievement to be there.

I wasn't saying anything in particular about offense or defense other than the team that hits the most shots wins whether the score is 2-0 or 100-98. But both of these teams offense are very solid. I really don't expect it to be a defensive struggle. Both of these teams have girls that can shoot it as well as girls that can get to the basket...

I wasn't saying anything in particular about offense or defense other than the team that hits the most shots wins whether the score is 2-0 or 100-98. But both of these teams offense are very solid. I really don't expect it to be a defensive struggle. Both of these teams have girls that can shoot it as well as girls that can get to the basket...

Ummm, I thought that you were being funny with your pick, sooo....

Loretto is a very good defensive team, more so than offense. Plus they like to hold the ball and be patient for a good shot when they get the lead so expect this game to be low scoring. I have not seen Dresden play, but know that Loretto needs this game to be in high 20s or low 30s if they wanna win. They have done well, especially since the Burden girl didn't play this year after making All-Dist as a freshman. Best of luck to them...represent D12 and R6 well!

Loretto is a very good defensive team, more so than offense. Plus they like to hold the ball and be patient for a good shot when they get the lead so expect this game to be low scoring. I have not seen Dresden play, but know that Loretto needs this game to be in high 20s or low 30s if they wanna win. They have done well, especially since the Burden girl didn't play this year after making All-Dist as a freshman. Best of luck to them...represent D12 and R6 well!

Is that the tall blonde post player they had? She was good.