It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

Actually, it does. Because all you get to see is the product on the field on Friday nights. What you don't get to see is how fierce the competition for playing time is at these particular schools and how they go about their business Saturday through Thursday. The game is won way before Friday night, amigo. This is the rub for the so-called "less than fortunates" in this world. You blame it on Private...open-zone...recruiting...in-laws...outlaws...Bush...Obama, whatever.

The onus is on the community AS A WHOLE to put the desired product on the field. This has never wavered at the schools that I had mentioned previously. A lot is expected and a lot is given by all involved with the program. These schools have waterboys that give more effort than some of the players on the teams they face. There is the difference in "good football" as I see it and the finger-pointing, excuse laden parallel universe that you evidently reside in.

Can I get a "Go Alcoee...Amen.."

Most of what you said is 100% correct. But you take a team like say Lewis Co, and by recruiting,open zoning, moving kids in, magic, who cares what a school calls it.....but say that school gets Todd Kelly Jr, Jalen Hurd, and Josh Malone suddenly show up as sophmores and play for them. Bam, 3 straight titles in 3a. Recruiting makes a average team good, and good teams great. Lewis Co, Fairveiw, Giles, Smith Co, LA, Macon Co, Hickman Co, Cheatum Co, Westmoreland are all places that live and die with hs football. To assume that we don't need a level playing field because teams don't try as hard as Alcoa is absurd.

Most of what you said is 100% correct. But you take a team like say Lewis Co, and by recruiting,open zoning, moving kids in, magic, who cares what a school calls it.....but say that school gets Todd Kelly Jr, Jalen Hurd, and Josh Malone suddenly show up as sophmores and play for them. Bam, 3 straight titles in 3a.

Maybe 3 straight titles in 2A or 4A, not 3A....

Most of what you said is 100% correct. But you take a team like say Lewis Co, and by recruiting,open zoning, moving kids in, magic, who cares what a school calls it.....but say that school gets Todd Kelly Jr, Jalen Hurd, and Josh Malone suddenly show up as sophmores and play for them. Bam, 3 straight titles in 3a. Recruiting makes a average team good, and good teams great. Lewis Co, Fairveiw, Giles, Smith Co, LA, Macon Co, Hickman Co, Cheatum Co, Westmoreland are all places that live and die with hs football. To assume that we don't need a level playing field because teams don't try as hard as Alcoa is absurd.

Great post!

• Upvote 1

Edited by alltime

You could put all the schools above together and Alcoa still wins by at least 28. :)

First of all my friend you know nothing about me and I know nothing about you but I'm not going to get on here and run my mouth about you and your program because I was taught to have more class than that. Secondly, I promise you Nobody works harder than our Lewis Co coaches and players in the off season and during the season because we know we have to because we don't have the players year in year out like schools like Alcoa and other big time programs. Lewis Co don't have The championships Alcoa has but we have been to the playoffs for 22 straight years (2nd longest streak in the state behind Trousdsle) and that's without having any D1 players going to college, so please don't try to tell me we don't work hard here at Lewis Co because that's why we are competitive year in year out since 1991. I've missed 7 State championships since 1990 and I couldn't even count how many playoff games I've seen my friend, so I think I know quality football and I know Alcoa is King of the hill right now but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and put up with you downing me and my team! You need to show me one post I made saying anything about Alcoa being good because of y'all being open zoned, all I've ever said is privates need to play privates come playoff time and not just in football but in all sports

You don't know crap about winning football. I know that from your whinny post. You have no clue to the REAL key building blocks that go into a program like Alcoa and Maryville. And you NEVER will.  Why? because you are a "entitlement whiner" You and UCM represent the loser "level playing field" mentality. While YOU whine.............Alcoa and Maryville will continue winning ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................MY FRIEND!

Edited by BCsportsfan

You don't know crap about winning football. I know that from your whinny post. You have no clue to the REAL key building blocks that go into a program like Alcoa and Maryville. And you NEVER will. Why? because you are a "entitlement whiner" You and UCM represent the loser "level playing field" mentality. While YOU whine.............Alcoa and Maryville will continue winning ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................MY FRIEND!

Very classy statement that doesn't even deserve a response!