It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

Just found out that Alcoa's Coach Rankin is a big supporter of the public private split! So I guess he's getting tired of Cak

the goon squad from Alcoa conradict themselves all the time, pointing that out will fall on deaf ears. Like some else tried to say " Giles and Trousdale". Don't whine about the private schools....and in fact they are two of the top supporters of the split.

I hate to sound callous, but the consideration of one school can't compare to equality. TCC will face obstacles in starting a program regardless of which division they are placed, and being competitive will take time. Scheduling is simple, just play the schools closest or who offers the best opportunity for financial gain, or chances to compete, whichever the priority.

Oh I know, I think the split should happen too. Just thinking out loud really. I wish the split would be effective next school year. I haven't expressed an opinion on this previously but I think it is fine for public-private's to play in regular season if they want to but there needs to be a way to not be penalized for that in playoff seedlings and the post- season should be completely separate.

Trousdale sponsored the rule change, its public record, go look it up. "Liar" "girly"...how old are you?

He's old enough to back up what he says rather than hiding like a coward. I was at hooters that day and you were nowhere to be found! You get on here and spout off like you know everything. Since when did you become an expert of Alcoa football?

Debate argue what ever you like. The split Is going to happen. The question is how many privates will get in trouble before then.

When privates are exiled they will have to spend so much money on travel they will have less funds to give financial aide. Then the privates can fight amongest themselves and the one with the most money will win. The haves will win. The have nots will have a hard time surviving.

Your statement about finances in private schools shows YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING About. The travel will not be an issue and if for a few select schools it is since the privates will form their own governing body and no longer give tssaa or public schools financial support. Why should they they are kicked out so now their gayes will e good and with less schools to support and a smaller organization to operate schools should benefit more $$$. if you think the split will hurt the majority of private schools especially $$ your wrong. The private schools could subsidize their travel from the new revenue streams they will have by getting to enjoy to control their funds for their own constituents best interest. Also financial aid at private schools works like this they apply to a program like fasfa and the firm looks at their factors impacting income and sends back how much they qualify for. Then the students family pays the rest. Most financial aid doesn't cover a third of what it costs to attend school. Essentially financial aid is a coupon. All private schools have an amount of money they must have per student to make budget. Many people think that athletes are going to a private school for free but that is not the case and its usually at a discounted rate. Private schools cannot afford to do that because they are funded through tuition. That is one of the reasons many private schools don't want to give aid now because they need all the funds they have.

Privates won't fight among themselves. There already are divisions within d2 that schools look very different in based on size amount of aid given etc. the new d1 schools the public schools are kicking out could very well into. the first time do agree with upper on saying its a very doable and financially sustainable splt. No one is going to have a hard time surviving. I've never heard of a school going bankrupt over athletic travel fees. Private like public school districts are run like businesses just without state or federal money. Also why wouldn't rankin want the split it makes championships easier for him. Now they will play cak non conference enjoy the gate and rivalry and continue beating the schools that want the privates out. Alcoa ain't scared.