It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

Lewis county sounds a lot like lipscomb. However with all lipscomb tradition they had two d1 players and didn't win a a state title with either. I guess Lewis county and upperman are the only schools allowed to work hard and be disciplined and that be the reason for sucess. Is bobby sharpe still the head coach for for Lewis. He and the late glenn mccadams were great friends. Also one time Lewis county scrimmaged lipscomb and I thought they had a man at qb going to Nebraska. Sad that coaches can respect each other but players can't play together without tension. Ito write off maryville Alcoa and other private schools sucess to open zoning is a major insult to the hard work determination and effort countless players have poured into the program over the years. I'm sorry not really that every school cannot be just like Lewis county high school or upperman. Yes different schools have different types of communities and kids and purposes. I greatly respect throwda slant and Alcoa being willing to take on anyone anytime anywhere. That is one of the main reasons they are successful because they do not put excuses in the back of their minds. Also I've said this in this thread players would move to Alcoa and maryville if it was closed zone because they win and run great programs. The best schools will continue to win no matter what the set up. I hope the voters and committee make the right decision.

Great post!

Those guys will never get the point, and why should they. It works well for them. and as of now, well within the rules.  I respect Lewis Co and know from a far how hard they work and what type program they have. My point on the split with privates wont change because I do beleave it needs to happen. Open zone is more complicated and not alot you can do. But if u can pay to go into a open zone from outside a zone ,specially out of county, that just seems to much like what happens at private schools and those portions of students should have the multiplier. If they are truley as good as the 8 or 9 teams combined I mentioned, they should welcome the challenge. But i think seeing how Signal Moutain and Cathloic going up in class has effected their wins and loses influences that decision. I played a Riverdale and now how open zones and pulling lots of atheltes from a large area outside your zone helps. I been with a team that knew the deck was stacked for many years. But it definatley was not a level playing feild.

But if u can pay to go into a open zone from outside a zone ,specially out of county, that just seems to much like what happens at private schools and those portions of students should have the multiplier. 

OK.....eye'm rilly good att goes-intas......

Mairvul = 6A......6A times 1.8 equalls......uhh uhhhh.......OK we putt upp our 6 and then'st put a peryod and a zero beesides thait......and then'st we lay tha 1.8 undur tha 6, tha peryod, and tha zero......So's thairfour nawt times ate 8 iz nawt.....6 times 8 iz uhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 48.......And then'st we times tha nawt times 1 iz........nawt.......6 times 1 iz uhhh .....6........So's now we taik tha 480 and tha 60 and add thait twogethur....nawt pluss nawt iz ihhhhh ......nawt.......8 pluss 6.....(lett me taik oft my werk boots)........iz uhhhhh........14........Leeve tha 4 and cairy tha 1.......one pluss 4 iz 5....( B)).......So thairfour Mairvul ort two bee 540A........Weight, weight.....eye fergott tha peryiods......and eye gott two moove thait 60 ovur a place orr two.....Nawt pluss nuthin iz nawt.......8 pluss nawt iz ...uhhhh.....8.........6 pluss 4 iz uhhhh.....10.......So's thairfour we haiv 1080.......Moove tha peryiod ovur 2 spaces (caws we haz 2 peyiods).........10.80......Mairvul neads two bee 10.80A.......orr like eye sed urlier......SEC West...... :popcorneater:

OK.....eye'm rilly good att goes-intas......

Mairvul = 6A......6A times 1.8 equalls......uhh uhhhh.......OK we putt upp our 6 and then'st put a peryod and a zero beesides thait......and then'st we lay tha 1.8 undur tha 6, tha peryod, and tha zero......So's thairfour nawt times ate 8 iz nawt.....6 times 8 iz uhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 48.......And then'st we times tha nawt times 1 iz........nawt.......6 times 1 iz uhhh .....6........So's now we taik tha 480 and tha 60 and add thait twogethur....nawt pluss nawt iz ihhhhh ......nawt.......8 pluss 6.....(lett me taik oft my werk boots)........iz uhhhhh........14........Leeve tha 4 and cairy tha 1.......one pluss 4 iz 5....( B)).......So thairfour Mairvul ort two bee 540A........Weight, weight.....eye fergott tha peryiods......and eye gott two moove thait 60 ovur a place orr two.....Nawt pluss nuthin iz nawt.......8 pluss nawt iz ...uhhhh.....8.........6 pluss 4 iz uhhhh.....10.......So's thairfour we haiv 1080.......Moove tha peryiod ovur 2 spaces (caws we haz 2 peyiods).........10.80......Mairvul neads two bee 10.80A.......orr like eye sed urlier......SEC West...... :popcorneater:

if you had payed attention, public-private split doest effect 6a. If you have 2200 students like say Blackman and can't find enought to field a quality team then that's on you. But if you have 400 private students with the multiplier play as you have 600 which is 3a. But the 5 county area u pull from is more like a 5a or 6a school, that a big problem for the schools that don't have that advantage. Wether you give athletic schoolarships,aide,or however it happens doesn't matter. Level playing field shouldn't be looked at as a bad thing. The 10% of teams on top that has the system working for them will not want the change. The 10% of Teams on bottom who don't give a flip about sports, will continue to be on bottom. Its those in the 80% with quality programs without the built in advantages that the change will effect the most. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

if you had payed attention, public-private split doest effect 6a. If you have 2200 students like say Blackman and can't find enought to field a quality team then that's on you. But if you have 400 private students with the multiplier play as you have 600 which is 3a. But the 5 county area u pull from is more like a 5a or 6a school, that a big problem for the schools that don't have that advantage. Wether you give athletic schoolarships,aide,or however it happens doesn't matter. Level playing field shouldn't be looked at as a bad thing. The 10% of teams on top that has the system working for them will not want the change. The 10% of Teams on bottom who don't give a flip about sports, will continue to be on bottom. Its those in the 80% with quality programs without the built in advantages that the change will effect the most.

Don't forget the ankle weight program! The faster the athlete, the heavier the ankle weight! Lol!!!

Lewis county sounds a lot like lipscomb. However with all lipscomb tradition they had two d1 players and didn't win a a state title with either. I guess Lewis county and upperman are the only schools allowed to work hard and be disciplined and that be the reason for sucess. Is bobby sharpe still the head coach for for Lewis. He and the late glenn mccadams were great friends. Also one time Lewis county scrimmaged lipscomb and I thought they had a man at qb going to Nebraska. Sad that coaches can respect each other but players can't play together without tension. Ito write off maryville Alcoa and other private schools sucess to open zoning is a major insult to the hard work determination and effort countless players have poured into the program over the years. I'm sorry not really that every school cannot be just like Lewis county high school or upperman. Yes different schools have different types of communities and kids and purposes. I greatly respect throwda slant and Alcoa being willing to take on anyone anytime anywhere. That is one of the main reasons they are successful because they do not put excuses in the back of their minds. Also I've said this in this thread players would move to Alcoa and maryville if it was closed zone because they win and run great programs. The best schools will continue to win no matter what the set up. I hope the voters and committee make the right decision.

Nice!!