Elizabethton versus Livingston Academy

BigBama42

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine from JC sent me an article today that quotes Eliz's coach as saying he is pleased with the draw and that the two teams he did not want to face in the first round were in the opposite bracket, so perhaps BigBama is just reflecting what their coach is saying.   Of course coach Dugger goes on to say that all the teams are good and losses don't mean anything at this point, but the jist of the article is both he and the sportswriter like Eliz's draw.

Who didn't he want to face?

Dyersburg and Cannon County is who he named.

So he doesn't want to play Cannon County but is good with playing the team that beat them in the Region Championship game?

BigBama- all the teams who make it this far are going to be tough. I am not from

LA, nor am I a fan, but the Upper Cumberland region is traditionally the toughest area of the state for girls' basketball, much in the way Memphis is known for boys' basketball. Any teams that come from that area will be formidable. That is not to take anything away from Elizabethton, simply trying to explain why some may have taken offense as being seen as ,"the good draw." There are no easy draws from that area of the state.

Sorry if I offended anybody. Let's play ball!!

I don't think anyone was offended as much as they wanted to inform you that their record was deceiving and that they are very good. I am also not a LA fan. Just seen them play for 20+ years.

I read the coaches comments in the paper too, doesn't make much sense when LA has shown that Cannon Co is pretty equal to them. He should know better than to give LA fuel for the fire.

Edited by bob77

So he doesn't want to play Cannon County but is good with playing the team that beat them in the Region Championship game?

BigBama- all the teams who make it this far are going to be tough. I am not from

LA, nor am I a fan, but the Upper Cumberland region is traditionally the toughest area of the state for girls' basketball, much in the way Memphis is known for boys' basketball. Any teams that come from that area will be formidable. That is not to take anything away from Elizabethton, simply trying to explain why some may have taken offense as being seen as ,"the good draw." There are no easy draws from that area of the state.

LA has been tough for years and has made it a habit of being in the Boro. I can't remember how many times they put us out but I want to say 2 or 3. I have watched LA religiuosly in here's past and I think if anything the last two years they have not played as good as some of the other teams in the past. Of course CPA made a lot of teams look not so good. But, IMO if there was a ranking for a AA program with the most tradition in the Boro you would have to go with LA and Jackson County (of course A now). I picked Elizabethton to win it all based on what I seen last year, but they better bring their A game because LA is always a tough out.

I don't think anyone was offended as much as they wanted to inform you that their record was deceiving and that they are very good. I am also not a LA fan. Just seen them play for 20+ years.

I read the coaches comments in the paper too, doesn't make much sense when LA has shown that Cannon Co is pretty equal to them. He should know better than to give LA fuel for the fire.

It's easy to read whatever you want into comments. I would surmise the EHS coach's comments were likely more about what he felt was the best match up rather than which opponent was better. You can be sure the EHS coaches and players respect LA.