Class A Semi Finals... Who you got?

UCSportsFan

Jackson County vs Loretto and UC vs Meigs.

Jackson County knows all to well what Loretto is capable of after losing to them 3 years ago in the first round. We won't take them lightly.

UC vs Meigs should be a dandy. Two opposing styles with a trip to the ship on the line.

So lets here it people! Who you got and why?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep overlooking and underestimating Meigs. The real Miss Basketball played today and with a stout supporting cast they got a shot. GO LADY TIGERS.

Are people not entitled to their own opinion? You can only whine about people overlooking The Lady Tigers so much bro. You have to remember your playing the undefeated #1 team in class A. There are going to be a lot of people picking against you.

Jaycee Coe is not deserving if she wins Miss Basketball again?

Over 2000 point scorer, 3 years in AA , so she's no joke and if your around the Murphy Center about 2:30 stop in and check out the show. Meigs post played great today as did the shooting guard with a couple big 3's. She's surrounded with talent . And they are playing as a team so lookout.

Are people not entitled to their own opinion? You can only whine about people overlooking The Lady Tigers so much bro. You have to remember your playing the undefeated #1 team in class A. There are going to be a lot of people picking against you.

Jaycee Coe is not deserving if she wins Miss Basketball again?

Pay that person no mind.

Meigs will be, and probably should be an underdog throughout the tournament. They've played a pretty decent schedule up to now but I don't think they've seen a team as good as Union City. Hopefully we'll show up and play well. If we can somehow rebound and shoot the ball well I think we have a shot.

I've said all along anything can happen come tourney time and it usually does. There are or were 4 legitimate teams in this Class A tournament and 3 of them were in one bracket, those being CR, Meigs and UC. The other is Jackson County in the top bracket of course. Meigs is no joke and #4 is a very good player but she is not on the level of a Jaycee Coe. I do believe Meigs has a shot to beat UC but in order to do so they will need to shoot the ball well and hit the defensive boards. JC shot the ball really well and will need to keep it up if they are going to win #9.

I've said all along anything can happen come tourney time and it usually does. There are or were 4 legitimate teams in this Class A tournament and 3 of them were in one bracket, those being CR, Meigs and UC. The other is Jackson County in the top bracket of course. Meigs is no joke and #4 is a very good player but she is not on the level of a Jaycee Coe. I do believe Meigs has a shot to beat UC but in order to do so they will need to shoot the ball well and hit the defensive boards. JC shot the ball really well and will need to keep it up if they are going to win #9.

Best post I have seen all day. Agree with 100% of what you said. Good luck to JC tomorrow, I'll be listening.

I will agree that Swafford #4 for Meiggs is the real deal and if UC plays man against them they will lose by 10. I will say this as well. If UC wins and JC wins, if they play man especially trying to guard Coe they will lose by 10. If I am UC, I play the matchup zone, and make all teams beat me from the outside, because they have a strong down low game both defensively and offensively. Coaching is a big part of the state tournament and I am not completely sold that UC's can get over the hump. But I will go with UC strictly because of their heighth and Jackson County will beat Loretta. Loretta plays good defense and handles the ball well. They make keep this game close for a while because of their style, but I think JC has to many scorers for Loretta in the end.