Mitchell VS GoodPasture

MrTSSAA

The ball went out of bounds and the ref called in favor of Mitchell. One of the Goodpasture players got a little mouthy I guess and the ref called the T. This happened with 30 seconds to go in a 2 point ball game basically ending the game.

That is not good unless the player used one of the no-no words.

The ball went out of bounds and the ref called in favor of Mitchell. One of the Goodpasture players got a little mouthy I guess and the ref called the T. This happened with 30 seconds to go in a 2 point ball game basically ending the game.

Thanks for the info- I hate to see that decide a game one way or the other.

The technical was absolutely the right call regardless of time and score. The player violently untucked his jersey in disgust and had it way up. You could see over half his torso he had his uniform so high. It was unfortunate, but officials have no choice in that situation. If the uniform is pulled out it's automatic. I think if it had stopped there, the official may have let it slide, but when it was pulled almost off the player had made the choice for him. 

The technical was absolutely the right call regardless of time and score. The player violently untucked his jersey in disgust and had it way up. You could see over half his torso he had his uniform so high. It was unfortunate, but officials have no choice in that situation. If the uniform is pulled out it's automatic. I think if it had stopped there, the official may have let it slide, but when it was pulled almost off the player had made the choice for him.

Too much watching NBA

Goodpasture play very weak team there region was weak for that good of a team that they had.Jackson co when not playing 7A teams they playing double a and triple a schools that why they so hard to beat at end of year.Remeber one thing that people do not forget who play in the finals of the state.You get there playing good teams

The technical foul call was absurd.  The official created the whole situation by raising his hand and not pointing to who had the ball which was at least a couple seconds delay in a huge possession with that much time to go.   Officials do have a choice in that situation, and they should swallow the whistle.  Especially when they have their armed raised for seconds before they point the direction.  Both teams played as hard as they could and every possession mattered, and that type of call with :45 to go in OT in a one possession game all but sealed the deal for Mitchell.  

GCS had their opportunity to close in regulation when a foul was called with .5 remaining on the 1 and 1.   

It was a great game by both teams, and unfortunately was the championship in Round 1, and Mitchell is a great team.  I don't see anyone beating them.   Both teams fought hard, and kudos to Mitchell kept coming even when they were almost out of it.  

From what i heard of the game, Goodpasture gave the "blueprint" on how to beat Mitchell.  Slow it down and play zone against them.  The only problem for Goodpasture is they allowed way to many offensive rebounds.  If they stay even with Mitchell on the offensive rebounding Goodpasture wins the game.  That's what kept Mitchell in it all game!  

Mitchell wins it all!  I will be surprised if anyone stays within 15 points of them.  

Edited by dawg101

This was a nail biter and excellent coaching on both sides. Coach Phillips deciding to hold and the ball top pull them out the zone was a game changer. In OT on our first series with the score tied GP went man and our pg penetrated and kicked it to Austin in the corner for the 3 was huge for us. Them playing zone after playing man all year was a change but our rebounding and never quit attitude prevailed. Playing that tough schedule really helped us today. Our 2 Hamilton games along with Jackson Southside and Whitehaven were huge for us today. Those games went until the end and we were prepared to fight.

Wow! What a game! I really believe the refs shouldn't have called the foul with .5 seconds left in regulation. It should have just went to overtime. GP had that game won, it seemed, on a few occasions in regulation, but Mitchell played hard and got the win. Also, GP missing the front-end of the 1 and 1 with .5 seconds in regulation had a huge part in why Mitchell got a chance to win in OT.