2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

Banks is huge pick up for Gallatin. Maybe they want lose to station camp 3 years in a row. Station camp has embarrassed Gallatin last 2 years.

And Gallatin did the same the 3 years prior to SC. Do not expect your run to continue since your big gun is at UT. Do you graduate this year or do you get to see it happen?

Wave, I read were the Sevier Coach says Banks may have to sit out 2014 unless he gets a hardship case due to transfer rules. Any word on this?

I am wondering if Smith will have to sit out for Smyrna since transferring from Smyrna to MJ and now back to Smyrna.

If Banks has to sit out a year due to his situation and all those guys transferring to Station Camp from Gallatin and immediately playing do not, then this system is completely screwed up!! I have not heard anything said at all either way.

If Banks has to sit out a year due to his situation and all those guys transferring to Station Camp from Gallatin and immediately playing do not, then this system is completely screwed up!! I have not heard anything said at all either way.

I dont know about Station Camp, but Banks eligibility is in due to a rule that you can only move bewteen parents just once. One of those obscure rules you dont pay much attention to bc its extremely rare that a high-profile talent like Banks has a situation where that could come into play.

That said, with Gallatin being his 3rd before his junior year, I dont know how his chances are of getting a hardship to be eligible for his junior year. Maybe if Gallatin was the school he started at

I dont know about Station Camp, but Banks eligibility is in due to a rule that you can only move bewteen parents just once. One of those obscure rules you dont pay much attention to bc its extremely rare that a high-profile talent like Banks has a situation where that could come into play.

That said, with Gallatin being his 3rd before his junior year, I dont know how his chances are of getting a hardship to be eligible for his junior year. Maybe if Gallatin was the school he started at

I do not know the situation besides what I have read. Banks actually went to Gallatin for about 2 weeks after leaving Ezell before going to Sevier Co. I do know this, the TSSAA will have a hard time enforcing any rule that a court could overturn. When dealing with a custody issue especially due to financial reasons, the TSSAA rule could be found to discriminate against a kid that is a ward of the court. Now maybe a more legal mind than myself could shed some light on this. The TSSAA may not want to get involved with this due to legalities. TSSAA bylaws will not supersede state law. But let me repeat, either way, Gallatin was not counting on him being here and play or not the Wave should be pretty good this year.

I do not know the situation besides what I have read. Banks actually went to Gallatin for about 2 weeks after leaving Ezell before going to Sevier Co. I do know this, the TSSAA will have a hard time enforcing any rule that a court could overturn. When dealing with a custody issue especially due to financial reasons, the TSSAA rule could be found to discriminate against a kid that is a ward of the court. Now maybe a more legal mind than myself could shed some light on this. The TSSAA may not want to get involved with this due to legalities. TSSAA bylaws will not supersede state law. But let me repeat, either way, Gallatin was not counting on him being here and play or not the Wave should be pretty good this year.

Like you, I do not have a law degree, but I wonder if they will view football as a extracirricular activity (a privilege, not a right). I would be suprised if this got to the courts, the TSSAA has got burned taking that route before

Like you, I do not have a law degree, but I wonder if they will view football as a extracirricular activity (a privilege, not a right). I would be suprised if this got to the courts, the TSSAA has got burned taking that route before

I agree. I do not know how it is viewed but this extracurricular privilege has him a early scholarship offer as a 2016 enrollee to UT so a money amount is attached to it. I guess we will see.

Read my post in the other thread, we just went through this same thing is baseball. Parent even showed the court order for the custody change. Did not matter. The letter from the school the player was leaving was the overwhelming factor. I can see why there are rules for this, but, I cant see keeping a kid from playing for a year. But, I guess thats why there are rules for it, I could see where it could get out of hand in some situations. We had a player leave us and transferred to Beech at Christmas, BUT, he left with a "good" letter in his hand. Its really all up to the principalities of the school. The TSSAA appears to not go against the grain in these matters. Dont know if thats good or bad.  But it sure does give a lot of power to the principals that the player is leaving from.   

How many potential starters are playing soccer or baseball for the other district 9 teams? Gallatin has quite a few. Good opportunity for the younger kids to step up.

We only have 2, my son is playing baseball, and our kicker is playing soccer. Course with the new head coach, I understand more kids have gotten involved, there may be more, but none are baseball players. 

Read my post in the other thread, we just went through this same thing is baseball. Parent even showed the court order for the custody change. Did not matter. The letter from the school the player was leaving was the overwhelming factor. I can see why there are rules for this, but, I cant see keeping a kid from playing for a year. But, I guess thats why there are rules for it, I could see where it could get out of hand in some situations. We had a player leave us and transferred to Beech at Christmas, BUT, he left with a "good" letter in his hand. Its really all up to the principalities of the school. The TSSAA appears to not go against the grain in these matters. Dont know if thats good or bad. But it sure does give a lot of power to the principals that the player is leaving from.

More to it than just that my friend. I do not believe a couple of former players got ringing endorsements from Gallatin yet both ended up playing ball for Station Camp without sitting out.