2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

With Fitzgerald getting a job with Overton, how will this effect the kids from his private school who were at Hville this past season. Most were starters on the Freshman team. Will they go to Overton with him or stay at Hville? I saw in the morning paper where he got hired just wondering what happens to those kids.

Edited by wave88

We will start getting some answers during the upcoming scrimmages but we are still four months away from opening kickoff and a lot can change in that time. We will have players move in and out of areas (MJ has a new subdivision being built within walking distance of the school) and new playmakers will emerge for most teams.

Just glad that in three weeks we get to watch them play again even if it is just a scrimmage.

Good luck to everyone on having a healthy Spring.

I will keep my preseason picks for now the same.

Things always change and an injury here or there could make things turn out differently. Preseason picks mean very little anyway.

Hendersonville

Gallatin

Station Camp

Lebanon

Beech

Mt Juliet

Wilson Central

Portland

Your are correct about preseason rankings meaning nothing. I believe Hville and Gallatin were picked 4th and 7th in the preseason last year. I believe any of these 5 in no particular order could win it. Beech, GHS, MJ, SC , and Hville. Injuries could play a major factor like they did last year. Transfers both in and out could also change things. GHS picked up Banks, MJ lost Kyle Smith, WC lost Gabe Angel, and the latest one (rumor only) is LHS losing their QB Haffner.

Am I missing something or has Gallatin all of the sudden gotten good? I mean, don't get me wrong, they've won some games in the past but how can you think they can finish second in this district when they can't even beat Trousdale? Are these transfers that good? Will the rest of the district drop off that much? It's April and a long way from the season but I'd still have to put SC ahead of the Wave; Beech as well, and possibly MJ too.

Edited by Cougar97

Am I missing something or has Gallatin all of the sudden gotten good? I mean, don't get me wrong, they've won some games in the past but how can you think they can finish second in this district when they can't even beat Trousdale? Are these transfers that good? Will the rest of the district drop off that much? It's April and a long way from the season but I'd still have to put SC ahead of the Wave; Beech as well, and possibly MJ too.

Yeah, I think you missed something. Only Hendersonville and Gallatin were playing from this district in week 3 while the other teams were at home. You can throw the Trousdale Co reference out all you want too but the fact is they had one of their best teams ever in their history, went undefeated and won a state title. Knock them if you want too but they were a good team last year. I just don't see any team being a powerhouse besides Hendersonville. Station Camp has huge holes to fill in the line and their one massive playmaker is gone, Beech was in shambles come the end of the season and will have to replace a lot, Mt Juliet returns a good defense but I am not sold on the younger Perry, they changed their offense and lost their top ground gainer. Lebanon returns a lot so I rank them high. Remember this is preseason and things change.

The Bison return Anderton and Tre Malone, as well as some other talented WRs. You're right, losing Josh will leave a big void that some guys will have to fill. Who does Gallatin have returning or transferring in that can get Gallatin back towards the top of the district? Still don't see them finishing 2nd.