2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

I think with the experience they are returning, especially on offense, Hendersonville has to be the presumed favorite going into 2014. Each of those 4 teams you listed have major questions that need to be answered. Hendersonville is also getting a surge in talent, something they had never really had, but because of their coaching staff they have been able to beat teams that were superior to them in talent. 9-AAA has a chance to be the top league this year

I guess we can thank the private school that wasn't a private school for that, right?

I agree. Hendersonville is the odds on favorite at this point. They should be one of the top teams in the state this year. Station Camp would like to think they are going to be a major contender too with Anderton and Malone. However, while I think they will be good, they lost and have to replace a ton of experienced linemen and their big gun. Mt. Juliet, while working hard on the weights, has to realize everyone else is doing the same. Installing a new offense will be tough in its first season but may pay dividends in the next few. Gallatin has ?? in the backfield but should be better defensively. The QB position is a key for them. Wilson Central got decimated by graduation and with Angel leaving, it will be tough to count on much from them. Portland may have a better staff but athletes is what they need. Sheer numbers hurt them. Beech should have a good backfield except a ? At the QB position. But you have to like their coaching staff. However, their are no Hurds in the program. Lebanon, should be a lot better. They are my surprise pick. I think the coach is good and a year under him should show promise. They have a lot returning and I bet will turn some heads. Always have a big line.

We will see come spring just how far each have come and what they need to work on.

I agree it will take MJ a little bit to pick up new offense. I think they will have it down by the time the season starts. With Spring practice, scrimmages and 7 on 7's it will give them plenty of practice time. Senior leadership will be big for the Bears. O line will be key for the offense. Bears will have good backs and receivers; not super speed ; but all good athletes.

Fully expect the Bear D to be the strength of this team with 8-9 returning starters.

GO BEARS !

Hville has i believe 6 playing baseball and 2 playing soccer. I hear Mason from GHS along with being a great football prospect is the same or better in baseball. Any chance he gives up football? LOL

He is indeed a very good player in both. I think his mom would prefer if he did. If he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight, he will have his choice of where he goes and which sport.