Shelby County 2014 Pre-Season Thread (Districts 14, 15, & 16)

kwc

I heard Fairley is about to be shut down

I know that a lot of schools were under fire for under performing. I also know that some schools like Carver have received a reprieve. Is this closure going to happen this year? Because the last I checked, Fairley is on the schedule for 2014.

I haven't heard one way or another if Fairley is going to close. If it does though, then where are those students suppose to go?

To Whitehaven?

Edited by kwc

Fairley will remain open but the State has taken over. They have a new football and basketball coach. The BB coach is Duece Ford who I hate to lose from our staff here at Mitchell.

Duece at Fairley. That's just poetic. I hope he does well at his alma mater.

Edited by kwc

The Shelby Co Schools zoning map had the former 9th & 10th graders from Millington HS going to the new Woodstock High School. The 11th & 12th graders from Millington going to Bolton along with the Waverly plantation kids. Recently the 11th & 12th graders from Northaven and Shelby Forest area have been removed from the zoning map. So does anyone know are they still going to Bolton? Also does the 9th and 10th graders getting bused to Woodstock not get a opportunity to play sports since Woodstock doesn't have a sports program yet?  I'm sure no one on here knows the answer to this but just thought I'd throw it out there. 

Here's the SCS revised zoning maps

http://www.scsk12.org/uf/news/viewrelease.php?id=238

District 14-AAA has been a two horse race year in or out. Those two horses have traditionally been Arlington and Millington. I do not see that changing this year. Cordova has plenty of athletes but not a whole lot of football players. There is a difference. Millington has a share of both. Look for them to win District 14-aaa this year. Lots of returning starters including a QB that is returning for his 3rd year as the starter. 

Rob_M:

Why don't you or another Millington/Distrct 14 fan give us a rundown of the district. I see where you stated that Millington's QB is in his third year as a starter. If I remember correctly, Millington switched from their 3 yards and a cloud of dust, Deep I-formation offense to a spread offense. I see where you think that Millington will finish at the top of the heap.

Has Millington participated in any 7 on 7's? What does Arlington expect to do this year? How do you think Cordova does this year? Do you think, like I do, that there is a new sherrif in District 14?

Come on Millington fans ... where are you?