Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

17-0 when I left. East got most of the reps but showed a lot of indecision when to get rid of the ball but did have some good throws. I still think Holt is the man for this year. Foreman has grown a lot and will be our biggest weapon this year. Running backs looked very slow to the hole. That's got to get better. They have to use there vision while they are running hard. Line held its own. Punter/ kicker looked good. Overall rating for today. "B"

Greeneville was supposed to have this massive 300 lb O-Line, gonna run it down everybody's throat, etc., what's up with that?       Sounds like DB handed them their lunch

Curious, as I have not seen the a DB scrimmage: 

Type of Offense this year? 

With only a 1 point Indian victory over Farragut in the very friendly confines of J. Fred in 2013, how is this year's game at Farragut expected to play out on the 22nd? Looking at Farragut's 2013 season record, it's hard to get my head around that team.  They lost by 1 to DB, lost to Science Hill but still scored 42 in that loss, beat Oak Ridge.  BUT, were destroyed by 4A Fulton, and Maryville of course.  A little Jekyll & Hyde.  The Admirals could be a dangerous team for the first game.

Again as last season has nothing to do with this season .. complete uder failure when db had several big leads last year.. from my understanding that has been a big focus.. when u have a band as big as hours when a team starts gettin motivated and comming back they just dont stand there with arms crossed.. it was poor last year when shill band was jaming out in 3rd we still had lead and dbs band was standinh their crossed arm and with our fan support we need them to get louder than at times last year instead of saying here we go again !! I talked to 2 players that said it kills them out on field when the other team was yelling louder than dbs whole side and the band not playing when we still had lead ..it makes a deffrence its like a headset im ur ears when ur working out running etc. U just put in more effort!! I think us fans and everybody on here knows these games last year that the fans and band needed to be more involved in uplifting the team instead of yelling at coach !! I never yelled at coach i had made commints about coach but would never yell at coach infront of team..Im tired of so many fans leaving when halftime is .over...Need to be loud when we need to be loud...eveyone knows this was a problem last year even after morristown scored when we where still leading 17-7.. its like we need across video boad a green light to yell and red light when to not!! I have been guilty with this at times and i know im speaking for many people.. it only takes one football crazy in the fans to get it going..im to shy or i would .. maybe we can pay a proffesional to come in ;)

Edited by kingindian33

Several bright spots from yesterday, front seven on d with much better effort and aggressiveness tweek in d alignment helped, line backers getting more comfortable with speed and flow, shout to #45 on int, Db s still young and small but fast not bad yesterday, devils will not light it up through the air this year from what I saw.

when u have a band as big as hours when a team starts gettin motivated and comming back they just dont stand there with arms crossed.. it was poor last year when shill band was jaming out in 3rd we still had lead and dbs band was standinh their crossed arm and with our fan support we need them to get louder than at times last year instead of saying here we go again !! I talked to 2 players that said it kills them out on field when the other team was yelling louder than dbs whole side maybe we can pay a proffesional to come in ;)

DB has a football team and DB has a Band.DB's football team prepares for football games and DB's band prepares for band competitions.The band is great and those kids work hard .I've made a lot of people mad over the years by asking that the band please not play when DB is at the line trying to call plays.Is not good sportsmanship to do it when the other team has the ball,{might even be against the rules },but when DB has the ball,that is another level of { WTH }.As a player,I didn't care if the band was playing or the crowd was making a sound.I had enough to worry about on the other side of the line and my focus was doing my job on the football field,not how loud one of my classmates could play an  instrument or a fan could yell.What happened last year or in most every other loss DB has had,was because a DB player or players didn't make the play,not that the band didn't make a sound.I love to hear the band and it should play when neither team is at the line,but we have a football team and we have a Band.

DB has a football team and DB has a Band.DB's football team prepares for football games and DB's band prepares for band competitions.The band is great and those kids work hard .I've made a lot of people mad over the years by asking that the band please not play when DB is at the line trying to call plays.Is not good sportsmanship to do it when the other team has the ball,{might even be against the rules },but when DB has the ball,that is another level of { WTH }.As a player,I didn't care if the band was playing or the crowd was making a sound.I had enough to worry about on the other side of the line and my focus was doing my job on the football field,not how loud one of my classmates could play an  instrument or a fan could yell.What happened last year or in most every other loss DB has had,was because a DB player or players didn't make the play,not that the band didn't make a sound.I love to hear the band and it should play when neither team is at the line,but we have a football team and we have a Band.

I agree that the band shouldn't be playing when the teams are at the line of scrimmage but...... I disagree that the band and or fans don't play an important part as to how well your team plays. I've seen many times DB players on the sideline waving their arms to the fans to get them to make some noise. It fires the players up. That's got to help.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I was speaking from my own experience as a player.I'm sure it makes a difference to some of those kids that need extra incentives to play harder.Until the day I decided chasing girls was a full-time sport, I was fired up on every play during practice or in a game, I just didn't need anything more then somebody to hit.There is no doubt that noise makes it harder for our opponent's to communicate from the sidelines as well as during a play, and it can be a very good thing.I'd just like to see all the players a little more self motivated with or without it.