Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will make a huge difference.. They might actually be able to win another state title if they drop to 5A.

Don't think so Gov. Besides Alcoa , Knox West would be the toughest team on the schedule and I can't see Sevier getting by them period. That running back for West would set an all time record game rushing yards if those two were to play. Anyways i looked at what that new school had to bring to the table and I saw where they either have 36 freshmen out for football and Sevier County had 23 last year so it appears to me those players are coming from somewhere and it would have to be Sevier County. They could move down as is and be competitive but a new team next door knock your system for 30% of your lineup bad things will happen. I can see very easy whoever is behind this new school has intentions for a good football program starting out on artificial fields and big weight rooms just to name a few. Most teams in East Tennessee will be playing on cow pastures forever.

Don't think so Gov. Besides Alcoa , Knox West would be the toughest team on the schedule and I can't see Sevier getting by them period. That running back for West would set an all time record game rushing yards if those two were to play. Anyways i looked at what that new school had to bring to the table and I saw where they either have 36 freshmen out for football and Sevier County had 23 last year so it appears to me those players are coming from somewhere and it would have to be Sevier County. They could move down as is and be competitive but a new team next door knock your system for 30% of your lineup bad things will happen. I can see very easy whoever is behind this new school has intentions for a good football program starting out on artificial fields and big weight rooms just to name a few. Most teams in East Tennessee will be playing on cow pastures forever.

Turf is overrated.. Give me a well maintained grass field anyday.

Agreed. Nothing like the smell of grass on the players during the football game and coming to the lockerroom. Call me weird, but i'm old school.

Well that stuff too.. But I'm thinking more of the injury factor of turf.. That stuff cuts you up alot worse then grass. And from what I hear when you are playing on turf the temperature is 10 to 15 degrees hotter then regular grass.. That cant be good when its already hot and muggy and kids are in full pads.

Agreed. Nothing like the smell of grass on the players during the football game and coming to the lockerroom. Call me weird, but i'm old school.

Maryville was at a point of field overuse and by the end of the season it looked more like a garden than a football field plus a major drainage issue that was half the price anyways so why not go the rest of the way. It has been a blessing to go to a game at the end of the year where the kids weren't standing in slop on the sidelines and all the injuries a bad field caused.

Maryville was at a point of field overuse and by the end of the season it looked more like a garden than a football field plus a major drainage issue that was half the price anyways so why not go the rest of the way. It has been a blessing to go to a game at the end of the year where the kids weren't standing in slop on the sidelines and all the injuries a bad field caused.

Now you're right about that. Maryville had a terrible field. Oak Ridge has a good one and maintains it well until late fall when the grass turns brown. Always had good drainage on our field, thankfully.