Sevier County Smoky Bears 2014

gobears89

there was an article in the local paper and the principal said he would take applications until first of June, then make a decision within 2 weeks after that. I think a decision will come earlier than that tho.

Dose the principle there give a flip about the program or not. One would think some of the kids would be making decisions if they horsed around to long.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dose the principle there give a flip about the program or not. One would think some of the kids would be making decisions if they horsed around to long.

Yes, he does care. He is a former coach at schs, and was a coach on the state championship team. He really will make the best decision for the football program. We will lost a couple of good players, but the defections and rumors of defections has slowed down, will be plenty of talent there next year. I'll be at the field the rest of this week, I'll see what I can dig up.

Some of the kids are making decisions for sure. Here is the situation, we have a new school that pulls directly from the SC pool of potential 8th graders freshman to be. 2 good 8th graders are indeed choosing the new school presumably because of the coaching situation. Thats the reason Im not sure about what is going on. It seems like if they knew it was going to be in house they would just have said so. Dragging it out only makes since if you are looking for a big name type hire. I didnt think HS teams really did that I figure its always sort of been a good ole boy type system. In this case Brewers son or co AD/ mayors son atchley would probably workout fine (if egos are in check). Coach Steve Brewer preached (no pun intended) team and being unselfish so if the coachs buy into that which I think they do then egos should be OK. Either way the team is good to go the next 2 years but after that you could have 2 small classes because of the combination of coach leaving and new school opening. The new school may even potentially  cause the bears to drop in classification. Which may be a good thing as far as state championship hopes and dreams are concerned. 

GoBears!!

Edited by gobears89

Yes, he does care. He is a former coach at schs, and was a coach on the state championship team. He really will make the best decision for the football program. We will lost a couple of good players, but the defections and rumors of defections has slowed down, will be plenty of talent there next year. I'll be at the field the rest of this week, I'll see what I can dig up.

You will be our eyes and ears.

GB

Some of the kids are making decisions for sure. Here is the situation, we have a new school that pulls directly from the SC pool of potential 8th graders freshman to be. 2 good 8th graders are indeed choosing the new school presumably because of the coaching situation. Thats the reason Im not sure about what is going on. It seems like if they knew it was going to be in house they would just have said so. Dragging it out only makes since if you are looking for a big name type hire. I didnt think HS teams really did that I figure its always sort of been a good ole boy type system. In this case Brewers son or co AD/ mayors son atchley would probably workout fine (if egos are in check). Coach Steve Brewer preached (no pun intended) team and being unselfish so if the coachs buy into that which I think they do then egos should be OK. Either way the team is good to go the next 2 years but after that you could have 2 small classes because of the combination of coach leaving and new school opening. The new school may even potentially  cause the bears to drop in classification. Which may be a good thing as far as state championship hopes and dreams are concerned. 

GoBears!!

Fill me in about this new school. Where is it going to be at and what will it be called and when does it open.

I heard dolly was pushing for burt reynolds for the coaching job he had a loosing streak in the movie but i think he could turnn it around being clloser to dolly !!! Hey guys i do hope ur bears luck in the search and i llove playing u guys ur house is a great setting !! Hope u bears have a great and injjury free seagood luson !!

I heard dolly was pushing for burt reynolds for the coaching job he had a loosing streak in the movie but i think he could turnn it around being clloser to dolly !!! Hey guys i do hope ur bears luck in the search and i llove playing u guys ur house is a great setting !! Hope u bears have a great and injjury free seagood luson !!

Kenny Rogers is being brought in to coach the o-line, he knows when to hold em :D wish u guys an injury free season as we'll. You guys have a really nice stadium with a great atmosphere.