Class A Eight for State (Prediction Time)

skydogg25

I didn't mean to imply that Boyd (or anyone else still playing) had no chance to win this thing, I was just pointing out the fact that Goodpasture had gotten lots of "ink" from posters in regard to being the favorites all season. There are no "cupcakes" left at this point, and believe me that Boyd has plenty of respect from the west. What I intended was to point out that JCS is definitely at the level of teams who've won the tournament in recent history, and that they have not been mentioned (IMO) often enough as one of the favorites. There are teams playing with some impressive records, and "on paper" Scotts Hill would have the longest odds against...don't take us lightly either, on a good day anyone there will have their hands full! Good luck to y'all with Forrest and the rest of the bracket, love to meet at the end to decide this thing...no matter what the odds are!

TY! I think whoever wins it this year will have earned it as there are eight very high quality teams in the Boro this week...Forrest is the best team we will have played all year and will take an extraordinary effort to compete with the Rockets as they are very talented and very well coached!!Good Luck to Scotts Hill, yall are ALWAYS a class act and a great team!!

Wow. I have never read so much pouting & whining from a coach after a state playoff game than the Forrest coach in this article from the Chattanoogan? It sounds like his objective for going to Murfreesboro was to build support for a public & private split, and not to compete for a championship.

(Please don't start a public v private debate on this thread... There are plenty of other threads on that.)

I just wonder why they bothered to go to Murfreesboro if he thought the playing field was that uneven? And by the way... I'm not a Boyd fan...

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2014/5/20/276921/Boyd-Buchanan-Crushes-Forrest-11-1.aspx

If the first thing you say is..."I'm not trying to make excuses." You are making excuses. You have to win and lose with class, especially in the paper. If your gonna gripe about it, do it in private.

Exactly right...I'm for the split too, but as of now public's and privates compete for the same championship, and everyone knew that before the first pitch of the season. Man up and say that the better team that day won (especially in the media), we'll come back and give it everything we've got tomorrow. Not the time or the place to be a whiner.

If the first thing you say is..."I'm not trying to make excuses." You are making excuses. You have to win and lose with class, especially in the paper. If your gonna gripe about it, do it in private.

He set the tone for his kids the last two days they werent good enough...I have said it and I'll say it again I coached from his shoes for 18 years and we never made those excuses, we just went and played....I would also like to show him a map and how our kids at Boyd live closer to our school than his...I know we have more people but also more schools as well, but our team lives withing 15 miles of our school as well

Exactly right...I'm for the split too, but as of now public's and privates compete for the same championship, and everyone knew that before the first pitch of the season. Man up and say that the better team that day won (especially in the media), we'll come back and give it everything we've got tomorrow. Not the time or the place to be a whiner.

South Pittsburg would of done the same thing because the Pirates are better just ask Goodpasture how good the Pirates are!!

Edited by skydogg25

I told you weeks ago skydogg that you guys were the cream of the crop. Why the mention of teams in here that didn't make it? The focus should be on your team. You guys creamed that bunch anyway they couldnt be that good or they would have been where you guys are.  Congratulations and keep on winning.