New 32 team 6A Proposal

mjuhb

I do joke around a lot, but honestly, WB deserves to be there as much as anyone else.

They have never really ducked anybody (other than Alcoa) they have played a tough schedule, had some good seasons and some forgettable ones as well. They will not be the worst team in 6A.

It hasn't been forever since they finished 4th in their district in 5A and traveled to DB and beat them in their own yard. They have a coach that is confident that they will be competitive sooner than later and it is not like they would go out tomorrow and win a championship in 5A either.

Now you tell me why they should volunteer to move down.

What would they possibly have to gain?

Deserves to be there?? You are there because of your schools population not because you deserve to be there. Someone else mentioned this as the best of the best. Just because you have a large school enrollment does not make you a good team. Alcoa, Maryville, Greenville, Trousdale Co, South Pittsburg etc have all proved this. The regular season has no meaning and playoffs are meant to be earned not handed out because you have a large enrollment. Lets not turn into Indiana where everyone makes the playoffs!

Easy solution, 4 classes, cutoffs at about 480, 800, 1275 (divided with 2012 enrollments). If you have nearly 1300+ students you should, on average have enough size and athletes in the school to compete with the other schools in the largest class.

Easy solution, 4 classes, cutoffs at about 480, 800, 1275 (divided with 2012 enrollments). If you have nearly 1300+ students you should, on average have enough size and athletes in the school to compete with the other schools in the largest class.

I like it.

Not true...I have seen several schools with 1200 or more kids go out with between 30 & 50 players on a given Friday, while some other schools with that population or more field 80 to 100

In reality they are trying to create a super league for the best football schools in the state to play each other regardless of class. I like it and I believe maryville would move up. I think alot of schools would use this as a selling point for their program. We play the best of the best and I think it's good they all make playoffs after playing that schedule they deserve it. In time Alcoa and other schools would move into the league creating a big boy league for colleges to recruit. It would also create more competition for lower level classes. Could this in some way involve privates being given the option to play in the super league instead of being kicked out. Essentially this provides a way for public schools to not just dominate each year but move up and the best play the best. I do see schools that need or would want to get out. Plan 32 is better then what they have now. I think 5 class system will return.