New players at CPA

Hater247

No one is a golf fan from CPA. I guess that means they weren't brought in from the jr. Tour in the 8th grade. There is an interesting post on the 1a 2a football board with regards to CPA basketball. It is under Goodpasture football 2014. Why is it none of the old rivals play CPA anymore? Must be their mission statements. Lol!

Put in the split and do away with the equalizer.  Equalizer only works with Football anyway.  Doesn't work in basketball or soccer or volleyball (though the smaller prep schools haven't embraced volleyball or girls' XC yet).  Once lacrosse is a TSSAA sport, it'll get worse.

• No one is a golf fan from CPA. I guess that means they weren't brought in from the jr. Tour in the 8th grade. There is an interesting post on the 1a 2a football board with regards to CPA basketball. It is under Goodpasture football 2014.anymore Why is it none of the old rivals play CPA ? Must be their mission statements. Lol!

"Why is it none of the old rivals play CPA?" FRA was probably the best rival early on. CPA played at old dilapidated Bellevue High School. And FRA would come over and beat the crap out of CPA. We didn't like them and they didn't respect us - in any sports. FRA went to DIV 2 after CPA became competitive in most sports. Ezell was a great rivalry too. Great girls softball, football and basketball teams and they would just put it on us especially in softball and girls basketball - no contest. They are now DIV 2. DCA was a good rival too - great games against them. Goodpasture put in on us in most, if not all, sports too. Best rivalry was football with Goodpasture. Goodpasture downgraded to Single A - I think.  Lipscomb would not play CPA in the early years - not sure why. Then when they did have to play, due to being in the same district - great games in football, basketball and volleyball. Lipscomb and CPA in TSSAA's wisdom put us in different districts.                    

Do I believe money has changed hands or promises have been given so kids can transfer to CPA maybe not and I give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, CPA fans, can you at least say if the cream of the crop (regarding almost all sports) keep transferring in, therefore a disadvantage is placed on the rest of the schools.

You don't have to say your by the book, I will concede and assume you are, but can you admit when time after time athletes go to your school for sports purposes? Not religious backgrounds, or education to be received...to simply play.

Do I believe money has changed hands or promises have been given so kids can transfer to CPA maybe not and I give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, CPA fans, can you at least say if the cream of the crop (regarding almost all sports) keep transferring in, therefore a disadvantage is placed on the rest of the schools.

You don't have to say your by the book, I will concede and assume you are, but can you admit when time after time athletes go to your school for sports purposes? Not religious backgrounds, or education to be received...to simply play.

Would you not concede that it is possible that good athletes come to CPA because of a combination of all you mention - a Bible based curriculum, a good education, a loving, caring faculty, and great athletics? CPA is not alone with that combination, but it is indeed rare. Is it unreasonable to believe that some parents want that for their children who are good athletes?

Remember sportsnerd before you answer..anything is "possible"

I didn't really see a question unless you are referring to this: ,"........ but can you admit when time after time athletes go to your school for sports purposes?"

I did not deny that possibility, I simply offered the idea that without the other factors, I believe few of the parents would send their kids to CPA just for the sports. If so, they would take the scholorship money from one of the privates that pay kids to come rather than pay for them to go to CPA.

I don't debate public / private split anymore - it has been beat to death, and I really don't care which division they play in. But I do feel CPA is attractive to many athletes' parents because of many factors - not just sports.

We live in a free country, I did not ridicule parents for taking their kids to whatever school they want them to attend. I applaud them for making the best choice they feel is beat for their child.

What you are missing (or dodging) is the fact that the ability to bring in these athletes simply creates a disadvantage for those the TSSAA says they are forced to compete with. It's a yes or no. Agree or disagree?

A disagree tells me you turn a blind eye to the practices because your school is inferior to others (previous post). Furthermore, you would not be on this forum if you did not have an opinion on public v private

I did not bring that topic up, I simply asked since CPA has shown the ability (since they are such a great institution) to "attract" athletes it is fair to compete with those who can not? Brentwood academy, friendship Chr, FRA, BGA, chose to go a different route.

So I say to you apparently CPA is not a cut above compared to others around them. My opinion only

We live in a free country, I did not ridicule parents for taking their kids to whatever school they want them to attend. I applaud them for making the best choice they feel is beat for their child.

What you are missing (or dodging) is the fact that the ability to bring in these athletes simply creates a disadvantage for those the TSSAA says they are forced to compete with. It's a yes or no. Agree or disagree?

A disagree tells me you turn a blind eye to the practices because your school is inferior to others (previous post). Furthermore, you would not be on this forum if you did not have an opinion on public v private

I did not bring that topic up, I simply asked since CPA has shown the ability (since they are such a great institution) to "attract" athletes it is fair to compete with those who can not? Brentwood academy, friendship Chr, FRA, BGA, chose to go a different route.

So I say to you apparently CPA is not a cut above compared to others around them. My opinion only

We don't disagree, but it seems to me your complaint is with the TSSAA, not CPA. CPA is given the choice of DI or DII by the TSSAA and they chose DI (in your words, we live in a free country),  as other privates schools have (CAK, Boyd, etc.). You are arguing that they should not be given the choice, and that has been debated to death. If the TSSAA decides to do away with the choice, that would be fine with me. My opinion on public vs. private is that if the TSSAA wants to give the privates the option to stay DI, they have a right to choose it or not.

Edited by sportsnerd