Potential New 6 Classification Plan for 1A & 2A for 2015

riverrat

From: http://knoxblogs.com/xtracredit/2014/06/10/possible-new-regions-2015-football/

Region 1-2A: Cosby, Cumberland Gap, Hampton, Happy Valley, South Greene, Sullivan North
Region 2-2A: Alcoa, Austin-East, Grace, Oliver Springs, Rockwood, Sweetwater, Wartburg
Region 3-2A: Bledsoe, Boyd-Buchanan, Marion County, Meigs County, Polk County, Silverdale, Tellico Plains, Tyner
Region 4-2A: Cascade, Community, Eagleville, Forrest, Jackson County, Smith County
Region 5-2A: East Hickman, East Robertson, Goodpasture, Harpeth, Hickman County, Westmoreland, White House Heritage
Region 6-2A: Adamsville, Camden, Decatur, Houston, Lewis County, Loretto, Scotts Hill, Waverly
Region 7-2A: Gibson County, JCS, Milan, Peabody, Trinity Christian
Region 8-2A: BTW, Frayser, GW Carver, Hillcrest, Manassas, Mitchell, Oakhaven, Westwood

Region 1-1A: Cloudland, Hancock County, North Greene, Unaka
Region 2-1A: Coalfield, Greenback, Harriman, Jellico, Midway, Oakdale, Oneida, Sunbright
Region 3-1A: Copper Basin, Fayetteville, Grace Baptist Academy, Huntland, Lookout Valley, Moore County, South Pitt, Whitwell
Region 4-1A: Clay County, Gordonsville, MTCS, Monterey, Pickett County, Red Boiling Springs, Trousdale, Watertown
Region 5-1A: Collinwood, Columbia Academy, Cornersville, Mt. Pleasant, Perry County, Richland, Summertown, Wayne County
Region 6-1A: Clarksville Academy, Bruceton, Huntingdon, Jo Byrns, McEwen, Nashville Christian
Region 7-1A: Dresden, Gleason, Greenfield, Lake County, McKenzie, South Fulton, Union City, West Carroll
Region 8-1A: Halls, Humboldt, Memphis Academy of Health/Sciences, Memphis North Side, Middleton

Things that stand out to me:

Alcoa is 2A!

The Gibson County schools are together.

The Carroll County Schools are in three different regions!

What a hot mess this is.  What is the point,  going from 6 classes to 6 classes.  HELLO TSSAA!  

Look,  Just make district games meaningful for playoffs.   This stops the travel and issue with teams not scheduling  other good teams out of district.  

Or go to 3, 4 or 5 classes.    Don't go from 6 to 6!  

Don't do anything, until you decide on Private splits or not?  What is the point, they will just have to be redone again. 

Geez!  This makes no sense.  

Guest hevyrevy1611

I thought they just reclassified everyone for next 7 years? (with five to go?) Who is pushing for a change? Who not leave well enough alone? This hybrid system locks in schools to a "sub-standard", inferior status (teams not usually making playoffs have own class now), but there are cycles in records and school's abilities, this not give them a chance to improve but keeps them in "cellar league". It not make sense.. why change and fool with what everyone used to now?

I thought they just reclassified everyone for next 7 years? (with five to go?) Who is pushing for a change? Who not leave well enough alone? This hybrid system locks in schools to a "sub-standard", inferior status (teams not usually making playoffs have own class now), but there are cycles in records and school's abilities, this not give them a chance to improve but keeps them in "cellar league". It not make sense.. why change and fool with what everyone used to now?

Which class are you referring to?

So which of you 2A schools want to jump to the private school division if Alcoa comes calling?  :popcorneater:

PS: I still think there will be a split and I still can't wait. 

Don't get excted Reaction,the split will be here sooner than later. If they move Alcoa to 2a, say hello to Hampton Christian school. lol.

• Upvote 1

Guest hevyrevy1611

Which class are you referring to?

well, before the end of 2013 school year (before the new fall 2013 football season) TSSAA took census of all schools to reclassify, which I understand they do every seven years is it? Most schools remained same class, but because of numbers/ attendance some schools changed classes, for instance Dresden and Union City went down to 1A while Huntingdon went up to 2A. They did it for all 6 classes and schools, which this new classification began at start of 2013/14 school year, so this is second year of their restructuring (with five remaining the way I figure), and now "this" too? LEAVE IT ALONE is my dumbed-down, uninformed view. I wouldn't doubt if their micro-managing to try and squeeze out a few more dollars is going to backfire on them. -sigh-

well, before the end of 2013 school year (before the new fall 2013 football season) TSSAA took census of all schools to reclassify, which I understand they do every seven years is it? Most schools remained same class, but because of numbers/ attendance some schools changed classes, for instance Dresden and Union City went down to 1A while Huntingdon went up to 2A. They did it for all 6 classes and schools, which this new classification began at start of 2013/14 school year, so this is second year of their restructuring (with five remaining the way I figure), and now "this" too? LEAVE IT ALONE is my dumbed-down, uninformed view. I wouldn't doubt if their micro-managing to try and squeeze out a few more dollars is going to backfire on them. -sigh-

They reclassify every 4 years so at the end of the season they will be half way. They are looking at doing it now because there has been a very large outcry for this for the past 6 years when the Z plan first went into affect & it is only getting louder because of all the play-off confusion & the weak teams not scheduling tougher teams for out of district games because they want to get easy wins to help make the play-offs. so tough teams are having to travel several hours to find games. This would not happen if district games were all that mattered as far as qualifying for the play-offs.

If you are saying leave it alone then I am guessing you are only looking at it as to what is in the best interest for your school rather than the overall landscape of TN high school football because very very few people have been happy with the Z plan.

Guest hevyrevy1611

They reclassify every 4 years so at the end of the season they will be half way. They are looking at doing it now because there has been a very large outcry for this for the past 6 years when the Z plan first went into affect & it is only getting louder because of all the play-off confusion & the weak teams not scheduling tougher teams for out of district games because they want to get easy wins to help make the play-offs. so tough teams are having to travel several hours to find games. This would not happen if district games were all that mattered as far as qualifying for the play-offs.

If you are saying leave it alone then I am guessing you are only looking at it as to what is in the best interest for your school rather than the overall landscape of TN high school football because very very few people have been happy with the Z plan.

that sheds light. All good points it seems. I noticed, in looking at districts, some have only 4 teams in it (thus playing 7 non-district), while others have 8 teams, with 3 non-district. I guess that plays into confusion and seeming disparity/ unfairness as well. I also said I was "uninformed", meaning I not studied up on topic nor familiar with whole matter. Just seems to be, on anything, numerous changes creates instability unless its a demonstrably beneficial chamge that helps most everyone (nobody is "always" happy, rarely is it unanimous, universal satisfaction with any decision). And no, I not narrow visioned thinking only of us four and no more, just repeating what I read and thus-far understand on this. But these points you make do make sense. Which leads me to wonder out loud, is this also a thing where E.TN, M.TN, & W.TN schools each have own 'angle' and side to this topic, (not to mention Public vs Private issue), making it as you said, what benefits their area the most? I not hear all this you said in W. TN, but then, I not have my ears perked up tuning in to this matter as much as others. I did think though it was every 7 years not 4 when they re-did sizes of schools. I could be mistaken though (& shhh, never tell a soul if I am, ok? Ha!)